Thread: Welcome to the Samsung Forum!

Feedback Score

Exclamation Welcome to the Samsung Forum!

Hello!

Welcome to the Samsung Forum on Howard Forums!

I'm going to do some Spring cleaning around here. For the time being, that means a few changes.

I'm going to unsticky a few threads that have been up a while, in order to make it easier for me to keep the forum tidy, and because a thread that is popular will stay up anyways.

Stickies will be reserved for threads that have to be up at the top of the forum, such as rules, etc.

Further, I'd like to make a few requests from those of you reading and participating in the forum.
    • PLEASE make the titles of your thread clear, understandable, and concise. "Please Help!" does not only provide little information on the subject of the thread, but it deters many people from reading those types of threads. These don't happen to often, but it really doesn't help in keeping this forum clean.
    • Try to look around and see if your question, concern, or problem has already been answered or solved. Inversely, if someone asks a question which has been answered before, please try give an answer -- not a link to the search page. We have all asked questions before which have been previously answered. No need to be rude and quickly dismiss the pereson and their concern: if everybody did that, Howard Forums would not contain the wealth of information it does.
    • NO flaming. This will not be tollerated. I've already closed one of those threads and issued warnings. This no flaming rule is in place so the forums are peaceful, respectful, and full of cool and important information. Please, don't do it. It won't be pretty. If you find a thread or post with flaming, please click the "report to mod" link!

If you have any suggestions, ideas, thoughts, or comments on how I can improve the Samsung forum, please eMail me (link is in my profile) or PM me. I'm always open to ideas and suggestions.

With this said, enjoy your stay in the Samsung forum.

Last edited by Moderator HF 18; 03-16-2010 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Removed No Unlocking Posts Reference

Feedback Score

Exclamation Want to Unlock your Phone? CLICK HERE!

Quoted directly from the Howard Forums rules:

Unlocking posts - Unlocking posts are fine so long as they're in the appropriate forums and they're not soliciting other members. Please refrain from posting your IMEI's.
    The "No Unlocking Rule" had been ammended a while back, hence why no one has been banned for an "Unlocking Post" recently.

Moderator HF 18
    Last edited by Moderator HF 18; 09-10-2009 at 05:17 AM.

Feedback Score

Additional Rules of the Forum

In light of some recent posts, it is clear that the Samsung Forums is not immune to the recent questioning of Moderators actions. I am adding these rules to go by in hopes that there will be no more public debate.

Reference: Aurora's Post from the Lounge
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora
    A moderator's actions are not up for public debate. I'd like to make it known that all moderators are mature individuals who use their discretion as necessary. If you have an issue with a moderator's actions, please PM that moderator to discuss the situation. Starting a thread to complain, whine, moan, or worse about how one of the "mean, nasty, power-hungry teeny-bopper moderators" (yep, I've heard it all before!) has done something that you don't agree with isn't going to get you anywhere.

And on that note, I'd like to make it known that we're not mean, nasty, and we're certainly not power hungry. We don't bite, either! (But please refrain from feeding the moderators. Thanks!)

That's not to say that we don't mind feedback. Actually, feedback is greatly appreciated. Nevertheless, threads that are created for the sole purpose of complaining about moderators get out of hand very quickly. Therefore, these threads will not be tolerated under any circumstances whatsoever.
    Again, feel free to PM any of the moderators and we'd be happy to discuss any issues you may have.

Thanks for your understanding!
    Moderator HF 18
    Last edited by Moderator HF 18; 11-02-2005 at 03:01 AM.

Feedback Score

More Rules Update and or clarifications of existing ones.

Questioning a Moderator's actions - Questioning a Moderator's actions in an open forum is prohibited. If you have questions regarding a Moderator's actions you should send a private message (PM) to the Moderator in question.
    Please note that bans or actions against other members will not be discussed with you.

Discussion of bans - Discussion of bans in an open forum is prohibited. Members that have been banned will be given the opportunity to privately discuss the details and/or seek an appeal of their ban in the Banned Member Forum.

Banned Members Forum - A Sub- Forum that only Banned Members will be able to see and create their own thread to discuss their Ban.

Moderator HF 18
    Last edited by Moderator HF 18; 02-24-2007 at 03:41 PM.

Feedback Score

Unlocking Post Update

Quoted directly from the Howard Forums rules:

Unlocking posts - Unlocking posts are fine so long as they're in the appropriate forums and they're not soliciting other members. Please refrain from posting your IMEI's.
    The "No Unlocking Rule" had been ammended a while back, hence why no one has been banned for an "Unlocking Post" recently.

Moderator HF 18