Phones
    Motorola V9m
    Motorola E815
    Motorola V60s
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

two numbers for a single phone

Is there any way to get two different numbers assigned to a single T-Mobile phone? I know you can swap GSM cards but I was wondering about actually have something like the old dual phones.
    Mike

Phones
    Motorola T720i | Samsung s105 | Sony Ericsson T610|Panasonic GU87/GD88|Motorola V400(CURRENT)
    Audiovox 8500 (Virgin Mobile)-Retired/Sold:Kyocera 2255 (Virgin Mobile)-Retired/Broken
    Motorola V2282 (Voicestream)-Retired
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Re: two numbers for a single phone

Originally posted by Bearmj
    Is there any way to get two different numbers assigned to a single T-Mobile phone? I know you can swap GSM cards but I was wondering about actually have something like the old dual phones.
    Nope. T-Mobile does not allow this. Nextel does though.
    -Xelarator
    Current Phone: Samsung A900
    Current Service Provider: Sprint (Primary), Cingular (GoPhone)
    Past Service Providers: T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile
    Past Phones: Danger Hiptop/T-Mobile Sidekick II, Nokia 6061, Innostream Inno 90, Cingular Motorola V400 QuadBand UNLOCKED, Panasonic GU87/GD88 Tri Band Unlocked , Sony Ericsson T610, Samsung s105, Motorola T720i, Motorola T722i, Motorola V2282, Audiovox 8500, Kyocera 2255.

Xelarator@GMAIL.Com

Phones
    Samsung S105
    Nokia 8260
    Nokia 5160
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Re: two numbers for a single phone

Originally posted by Bearmj
    not sure if it is the same but I did have a chinese sim that when pop'd in my t610 it showed a little phone sign and next to it it has a small number 2 (this is on top of the screen, next to the signal strength meter. I was told it means the sim supports two phone numbers but i never figured out how it works.

Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    they do sell these certain adaptors that allow you to put two sim cards into a single cell phone - im not really sure how they work though as ive never had experience with them...

apparently, you have to enter a certain number sequence to activate whichever sim card you want to use and then, viola, you are using minutes from that particular line (sim) - i suppose that if you call forward the calls from one sim card to the other, then its possible to receive calls from both - but when you make a call, you have to select which card you wanna use

and as far as tmo is concerned - im sure if you pay them for two lines of service - they wont mind at all

check this out

and im not affiliated with this ebay guy/girl or anything - im only posting that link as an example of what im talkin about...
    the bloggy blog blog blog...

Speedtest Wave Anyone?

common sense...not so common...
    ----

Phones
    iPhone, Android, S60 and many more.
    iPhone, Android, iPad
    Nokia S60
    Carriers
    T-Mobile (Feb 2001-2012), Verizon LTE 2011-Present, MetroPCS 2013-Present
    SprintPCS (<6 months), PrimeCo
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: two numbers for a single phone

Originally posted by qili
    not sure if it is the same but I did have a chinese SIM that when pop'd in my t610 it showed a little phone sign and next to it it has a small number 2 (this is on top of the screen, next to the signal strength meter. I was told it means the SIM supports two phone numbers but i never figured out how it works.
    This is a carrier supported feature. So if you contacted the carrier to have it setup.

T-Mobile doesn't offer it. The best you could do is get a dual-SIM adapter. There are specific adapters for most phone models and for the ones there aren't a generic adapter can usually be found.

You could have both SIMs and use conditional call forwarding to the other SIM when not in use, so you don't miss calls on which ever SIM you are actively using. If you added M2M to the most inactive line once you ran out of CCF minutes (you're got 500) it would be free with M2M added to that line.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    twitter | Facebook

Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    agreed, the only way i've seen it done here in the states with tmo is with the dual sim/ghost sim adapter things (whichever you wanna call them) and you have to power off/power on the phone to switch between the two.
    motto keitai choudai.

Phones
    T610
    Nokia 3390
    Nokia 8290
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    There's a dual sim adapter, although it only fits on a number of cellphones. Seen one on a Nokia 3390, it had a smaller battery than the regular bat that it came with. Switching appers to be like a combination of #s and *.

Mostly nokias will work with this, seen a couple on ebay too.

Good Luck!

Phones
    iPhone 4S
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I use the conditional call forwarding feature. I leave one phone home, always in range. It is a basic plan (60 min.) that forwards after 5 sec. I never see a minute deducted from either call forwarding or anytime buckets.

Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    And of course T-mobile USA is behind in the services it offers as usual:

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...obile+twinbill