Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: How To For CRICKET 8900

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    by the way again have the file named what you want before you upload it the phone is still not to happy when you try to rename the file in the media gallery
    "I Like You When The World Is Mine Your Death Will Be Quick And Painless" Stewy

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    CID you rock! I will test it out. PM me your email addy that you use for paypal.

Device(s)
    Samsung Intercept
    Carrier(s)
    VM
    Feedback Score
    right on bro....works perfectly...

now i gotta fix my inbox messages auto locking

a few thoughts though, what do you think would happen if you blanked out the on and off.txt under db? if the phone didnt know it was there would it skip past the stupid on and off ani or would the phone lock up? has anybody tried yet?

ive noticed with tones at least even if some sort of tone is on there but the phone didnt log it theres no prob, you can even delete it in bitpim. i see the problem with the phone locking up if its the phone thinks its there but its not. thats where people are getting a freeze up. bitpim doesnt make logs on the phones when it deletes. oh yeah BTW, i think if you accidently lock up your phone by deleteing a pic or tone you can fix it by placing a blank txt in the db and deleting all your entrys under the photos and or ringtones....yes no maybe so?

and if you could rewrite the shutter sound.txt to realize there's a no sound slot you could permantely fix that prob. maybe a good verizon citizen with updated firmware could help us with that one.

as far as the mp3 tones go, my best setting is 56kbps 22050hz 8 bit mono. sounds good still without taking up too much space. has anybody had any distortion with the phone speaker cause the mp3 is too loud? i havnt even tried, i usually drop the db's a few levels if it even looks too loud.

anyways, thats just a few thoughts. thanks again. thats awesome cid. did you write that prog yourself???

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Deifnitely works for U.S. Cellular also. If you drop an address or something I will shoot you a few bucks through Paypal. Thanks alot.

Very happy with the phone now.

Device(s)
    Samsung Intercept
    Carrier(s)
    VM
    Feedback Score
    i dont think the carrier is gonna matter. the basic programing functions should be the same throughout.

oh yeah, fixed the auto locking thing. i was tryin to see if ringtonejukebox.com would work with the phone even though the phone is not on the list. well lets say dont ever test your phone saying its a nokia. i think they tried to send a old school ring to the phone and some how that f'd it up. i had to resend the test a few times before it stopped unlocking it

oh yeah, snoopy where are you getting your animations? what size are they? do the x by z sizes matter? they are gif files right? and just put em on like the pics right?

thanx

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Sorry for the confusion. I got .PNG wallpapers & ringtones (.mid so for I haven't had time to do the MP3 ones yet)

I bet animations will be something like ringtones. you will have to seed one and since CricKet doesn't have brew active someone with Verizon or one of the other carriers might have to help by uploading a .gif file and then sending a hex dump for examination.

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    i got a file that i want to use for a text msg alert, but i cant figure out how. Is it possible to i can use it as a ringtone but not a text message alert.

Device(s)
    Samsung Intercept
    Carrier(s)
    VM
    Feedback Score
    well so far got 8 mp3's, 10 jpg, and 3 png on the phone and everything is working fine

Device(s)
    cdm8900
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score

nerve about US cellular

what is your software version. mine is T095UC2T25_0.196 with a hardware of TX-95C_REV_02. i have tried all these and i'm getting the files to show up under downloads, but whenever i overwrite them w/ my midi files i get nothing. the icon will show an envelope w/ a box through it and it will play some boring ringing sound w/ different boring rings for the different ones i have tried to upload. i know the songs work because i use them on my verizon phone. i am trying to help out a friend w/ us cellular. nerve is your phone version the same as mine? i am able to upload original midi files just not mp3 renamed to .mid. it's ×××× weird.

Device(s)
    Samsung Intercept
    Carrier(s)
    VM
    Feedback Score
    whats up jfravel... i see you wrote the word "overwrite" in your post. overwrite is no good if your using vox 8900 ringtone program that cid has blessed us with. "new file" is a much friendlier word when it comes to this. try n go back and do it step by step as its written. good luck.

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I just uploaded my first MP3 ringtone. CID is a genius! now we need to pry his email addy out of him so we can send him some paypal donations for his GOOD, high quality work.

Device(s)
    Samsung Intercept
    Carrier(s)
    VM
    Feedback Score
    grrrr...well i tried to post some wallpapers..stupid geocities.

Device(s)
    Samsung Intercept
    Carrier(s)
    VM
    Feedback Score
    try it this way...here you go cid alot smaller dbz wallpaper. if anybody has free web space to use i can email the wallpaper and you can post em for me. let me know
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the appretiation guys I'm glad I could help I would still like to know what carriers this works on i believe it should work on any 8900 that runs brew not the telus j2me version if anyone gets it to work post your carrier so i can check this out so far it works on Cricket and U.S. Cellular as far as changeing the startup animation by blanking the db file it doesn't work I've tried it it's located in the firmware we can't access yet yes i wrote the program my self if it works with carriers like verizon that can recive animations then the data base files and directorys should be some what similar bonus everyone can have animations as well if you can recieve animations send your directory structure and a backup of your /db/ directory to [email protected] the help would be much appreciated i've had someluck seeding the animation data base but no matter where i put the animated gif media gallery can not display it nor will the background or screen saver here also are some sample midi files for the phone the names need to be changed in some cases: http://home.woh.rr.com/anarchyinc/midi%20RingTones.zip
    and here are some sample mp3 ring tones the names are all 15 or less characters with the .mid extension allready they are 64 kbs mono 44 kHz:
    http://home.woh.rr.com/anarchyinc/mp3%20Ringtones.zip
    i think the phone lowers the bass and volume to an approperiate level on mp3's thats at least been my experience so far it does kind of make it sound weird when it removes a large chunk of the bass

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    thanks alot for the wall paper glockjs dbz rules i can host a few for you e-mail them to me write a index.html page for them if you want to

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast