VM
    Feedback Score
    they're sent. thanks cid

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I have my own space ( 2 sites actually) I will host any and all programs/files needed. Also I have unlimited bandwidth so no problem there either. Everyone can download them all they want. Just PM me. I will post later with some stuff I have already.

MODS!!! Please sticky this thread. thanks

Device(s)
    cdm-8900
    Carrier(s)
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    I just started up here because I wanted to put mp3 ringtones on my new 8900. I read about it at cellphonehacks, but they are where no help in how to do it.
    I am on US Cellular. I bought the 8900 as a returned item and luckily it had easyedge downloaded midis on it already. If it was not for these ringtones I do not think I could have put my own ringtones on.
    First thing I did was back up my phone. I then deleted all the ringtones from the phone and added my own. I used the program to write the snd file. It didn't mess up the phone but the ringtones did not play!
    After I restored the phone I was able to put ringtones on and play them fine as long as one downloaded ringtone stayed on the phone.
    I think it might be how the download_snd.txt is intialy formated.
    I will play more with it tonight.
    As for the pictures. I have a dir in the root called. /down/photo . there are other dir in down called ani animidi cache callerid shutter.
    I think this might be the folder where images get downloaded to. As I do not have easyedge I can not confirm this. I will be signing up for easyedge in the next couple days to see where it downloads the files too. I am pretty sure that there is a file like download_snd.txt that also has to be formated correctly.
    I put a png in the photo dir and when I tried to view it my phone freaked out. When I put a jpg in there the phone just ignored it and acted normally.
    I am not going to try this now but what do you think will happen if I put a png in the camera dir? I am betting it might real screw something up so I do not want to try it yet.

On a last note, I think with bitpim and the new download_snd.txt writer program we can make a simple program to manage ringtones/images on the 8900. wallpapers and graphics might be difficult becuase from what I am seeing every carrier might be slightly different. But please do not talk about starting a programing project as I will create a new topic about that.

Device(s)
    Samsung Intercept
    Carrier(s)
    VM
    Feedback Score
    do you have brew on your phone? then its as simple as the very first post to get pics and wallpaper on your phone.

putting stuff on you phone really isnt the prob as far as freezing, its deleting stuff without changing the log the phone thinks its still there. i still wouldnt mess with that photo folder though.

read through the post again, follow the directions exactly

Device(s)
    cdm8900
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score

us cellular

sorry for the mistype. i did follow the directions word for word, and i get the file on the phone w/ an x through an envelope as the icon. unfortunately nothing plays and when pressing pause/play i get a single beep. i am using the .mid files that were zipped to see if my files for my verizon phone are too different. nothing works, i'm assuming it's either the software, or the format of the download_sound.txt file. any help w/ this would be great. there is no easyedge service in this area. so i have no idea.

Device(s)
    Audiovox cdm 8900
    Carrier(s)
    Cellular South
    Feedback Score
    I get this error when i try to upload a ringtone to the ringer file

22:19:08.232 COM5: Opening port COM5, 115200 baud, timeout 3.000000, hardwareflow 0, softwareflow 0
    22:19:08.232 COM5: Open of comm port suceeded
    22:19:08.232 LG-VX4400: Attempting to contact phone
    22:19:08.232 LG-VX4400: Listing dir 'user/sound/ringer'
    22:19:08.263 LG-VX4400: Now in brew mode
    22:19:11.263 COM5: Timed out waiting for 7e, requested bytes 1 - 0 bytes read
    22:19:11.325 Error: Device needs attention - LG-VX4400 on COM5
    LG-VX4400 on COM5: The phone is not responding while manipulating the filesystem.

See the help for troubleshooting tips

Device(s)
    cdm-8900
    Carrier(s)
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    jfravel,

Try to add my download_snd.txt and all the mids to your phone off the zip file I added. Those should be the only ones when you start.
    These files where left on my phone when I got it. Just make sure you leave one file always on the phone. I think you are having the problem I had. CIDs program has a problem when formating from blank I believe.
    --------------------------------------------------
    As for the problem I had with pictures... all I did was create the /brew/shared/images folder and it worked.
    I also discovered that when I go to manage apps and then system info in easyedge(uscc) it tells me I have 1.16MB of storage and it has a nice little bar that tells me how much more memory I have left. However, I do not think this is how much you can have as I put more on the phone.
    If other services have something that displays this info it might be good for the arguments that come about for how many ringtones people can store on the phone(its 50... no only 10! I can only put 7, blah blah).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by centran; 06-22-2004 at 11:23 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Intercept
    Carrier(s)
    VM
    Feedback Score
    try the right com port(not WDM port) and try the right driver TX 95C

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    well heres the link to glockjs's wallpapers have fun everyone
    http://home.woh.rr.com/anarchyinc/glockjs_wallpapers/
    i definitly like the dbz ones and the evangelion nice
    and thanks to SnoopyII for the donation i really appreciate it
    i'll check out the bug in the program to anyone else experience this?
    Last edited by cid420420; 06-23-2004 at 03:19 AM.
    "I Like You When The World Is Mine Your Death Will Be Quick And Painless" Stewy

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    You're welcome CID. thanks to you we all have more unique phones.

Some other people should paypal you a donation for your hard work.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    there definitly is a bug with starting without any ring tones on the phone allready and i have figured out how to fix the problem i should have the program updated and posted by tommorow night sorry guys

Device(s)
    Audiovox 8900
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Communications
    Feedback Score
    Hi, Im got a problem with the program. I do everything as instructed above but when i go to my media gallery to listen to the tone theres no sound from it. I started out with 2 tones already on the phone so i was wondering what i need to do.

any help will be appreciated and if u need more info from me just ask
    ×××× WITH THE BEST, DIE LIKE THE REST!

Device(s)
    Audiovox 8900
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Communications
    Feedback Score
    Also just a few more things to add to the above post when i was installing the program i had a little problem saying an .OXC file was in use but i clicked ignore and everything seemed to work fine if thats the problem let me know

THX

Device(s)
    cdm8900
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score

for those w/ us cellular

for those of you w/ us cellular and no easy edge, here's the only way i got it to work. i assume cid's version will work later, but here's what i got to work.

use centran's zip file and bitpim only, you will not need cid's program, for now anyway. replace your download_sound.txt file w/ centran's download_sound file. then under user/sound/ringer right click and add new. add only one of the files from centran's zip folder. then close bitpim and restart your phone. open your media gallery, and delete all the songs EXCEPT the one that you added new. it should be the only one that plays. this is the song you will overwrite. so open bitpim open user/sound/ringer and right click and overwrite the file w/ a .mp3 renamed to a .mid. this file must be the same name as the original file. i tried adding more than one of centran's files but no luck when i would try to restart the phone and use bitpim. the ringer directory would not open and would crash my computer. i have not tried to rename the new .mid file on my phone either. i am hoping cid's new version will correct this, but for right now this is the only option.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ok guys here we go heres the link to 8900 ringtonetool v1.1
    http://home.woh.rr.com/anarchyinc/ringtonetoolv1_1.zip
    this should fix all problems with the previous version it also fixes the renameing in media gallery problem have fun!!!!!! the next version will alphabeticaly sort the tone list and if i get the necessary info animations to any bugs found leave a message in the forum i really need a dump of a 8900 with downloaded animations on it verizon whoever it would allow the rest of us to have animations it just needs to be a phone with brew if anyone would be generous enough to help you would have all our gratitudes send the dump to [email protected] thanks in advance
    Last edited by cid420420; 06-24-2004 at 05:17 AM.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast