Thread: How do i use my sim unlock code

Phones
    v66
    v300
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

Question How do i use my sim unlock code

ok i called t-mobile and got my sim unlock code for my v300 and it said "1. Insert foreign SIM
    2. Power the phone on and wait for it to ask for the code
    3. Enter the unlock code
    4. Press OK and the phone should be unlocked

If that does not work try:

1. Turn the handset on
    2. Press and hold the * key down until a box appears
    3. Release the * key
    4. Enter *#32#
    5. Press OK
    6. Enter the 8-digit unlock code
    7. Press OK
    8. Handset will say “Completed” or “Deleted” "
    i also read some other thred here that said

"From the main screen of the v300, as fast as you can, hit the 'menu' key and then 073887*. This will enter you into the programming menu for your phone"
    now i have flashed/flexed my v300 2 a v600 and i dont know any one that uses GSM and is not on TMO & the above codes dont work
    so can any 1 tell me how to put my sim unlock code in my phone TY YALL

Phone
    Palm Centro
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    well first off.. did you even try the first part of the post you just listed? those are same instructions that i got from T-Mobile.

if your on T-Mobile, then just borrow someones SIM card from like Cingular. cant sit there and say you dont know ANYONE that doesnt have service from another carrier in order for you to unlock your phone.

if all else fails, go buy a SIM card, it doesnt matter if its active or not, you just need another SIM card from another carrier. once you have it, place it into your phone and follow the instructions that you were given, and thats it, replace your T-Mobile SIM card and your done.
    ALL VXXX HOW TO
    "If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash." - Murphys computers law

n00bs be warned... SEARCH or be 'ed

Carrier
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (MOT-V600/0B.09.35R MIB/2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

I was able to unlock my phone without another SIM. I tried that same menu code, but it didn't work for me, either. I found another menu code here somewhere - I'll see if I can find it again... it did show the options referred to in that one post, though.

Carrier
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    I know that I followed the instructions in this thread for getting into that programming menu. AND, I unlocked my phone using the Tmo unlock code and WITHOUT a foreign SIM.

Now, I can't get into that menu again. Hrm. I've been flashing and flexing and hex editing like a madman, so I may have futzed myself right out of the option.

Sorry I'm not more helpful than that, but I can confirm that you do not have to have a foreign SIM to unlock.

And (@palenestro) I tried asking 5 different people I work with if I could borrow their SIM - none were using GSM phones... so it isn't always that easy to grab another SIM...

Phone
    Nokia 6021
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    wu-wei, how did you unlock without a foreign SIM? The thread you pointed to seems to apply only to C/TDMA phones... Thanks.

Carrier
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by beeranon
    wu-wei, how did you unlock without a foreign SIM? The thread you pointed to seems to apply only to C/TDMA phones... Thanks.
    I punched in the code for programming menu, the same one referred to in the first post of this thread. My phone prompted me for the security code and gave me an option to unlock the SIM.

I'm trying to duplicate it again. I did not make a note of which firm & flex I was running at the time, though, and I wonder whether that was a factor...

Phone
    Nokia 6021
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    hmmmm. I suppose the 'idle' screen is the base screen with the date and time, and the menu button is either the top center button or the button in the middle of the joystick on my V300. I've been unsuccessful in opening the programming menu using the instructions in that thread.

Phones
    v66
    v300
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    well after talking with a tmo CSR and going threw all the stuff that did not work the first time

she said she will give me a callback on Sat.

i think the problem is she is trying to help me with a v300 cuz that all she has info on and my phone is flash/flexed with v600

so if any 1 knows how 2 get 2 the sim unlock menu on a v600 and/or a flashed v300 this info would be of help

p.s. i don't no any 1 that uses a non TMO GSM service so i have not been able 2 try putting a foren sim card in

p.p.s i do have a usb cable if any one knows where 2 get an app 4free that will let me put my unlock code in it and unlock my phone this would help as well TY

Phone
    Palm Centro
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    beowulf62381,

well its probably not a good idea to mention to T-Mobile CS that you flexed/flashed your phone since that probably voids the warranty and they dont have any info on the V600 i called them a while back when i first flexed my phone with the V600 GI9 flex (engineering flex) i couldnt send pic messages or text messages since the T-Zones set-up was gone, so i needed the settings it was mentioned that i should not tell them i flexed my phone just tell them i have an unbranded and unlocked V600 purchased elsewhere . but you still can ask them for the subsidy unlock code. just give them the IMEI number (located underneath the battery, i believe its 14 digits long.)

i tried the programming thing that wu-wei posted i couldnt get it to work. so what i did was just go buy a SIM card. i found a GSM Cingular SIM card off of EBAY for like $10. it doesnt matter if the SIM is active or not, just needs to be from another service provider. place it into your phone, it will prompt you for the code, enter it then your done.

to my knowledge i dont think there is a program that will let you unlock your phone thru your data cable??
    you can try and use a remote unlocking ( off EBAY too) its a little pricey but they say to give them your IMEI number and they can unlock your phone remotely.

Carrier
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    I can't get it to work again. Very odd. I wonder which stars were aligned so that I could get into that menu...

Phones
    v66
    v300
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    um i did not tell them i flashed flexed my phone i just asked if they had any info on sim unlock 4 the v600

and they said i had 14 days to take the phone back for any reson when i bout it not when i called

but ty 4 the heads up

Phone
    Palm Centro
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by wu-wei
    I can't get it to work again. Very odd. I wonder which stars were aligned so that I could get into that menu...

it was the the ones between Uranus and Jupiter.. lol...

hehe.. sorry had to throw in my 2 cents.. lol

Carrier
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (MOT-V600/0B.09.35R MIB/2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

Originally posted by palenestro
    Originally posted by wu-wei

it was the the ones between Uranus and Jupiter.. lol...

hehe.. sorry had to throw in my 2 cents.. lol
    I thought I felt something...

Phones
    V600 SE6446AXXF10F8_1FF TRIPLETS_G_0B.09.4FR reflash shx
    V300 that thinks it's a V600 SE6446AXXF10F8 TRIPLETS_G_0B.09.4FR reflash shx
    V3R (R3443U2_G_0E.C0.17R, GSVV3xxU5TM0INA030, Bootloader: 0A.52
    Carrier
    T-Mobile -SouthEast USA
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by beowulf62381
    well after talking with a tmo CSR and going threw all the stuff that did not work the first time

she said she will give me a callback on Sat.

i think the problem is she is trying to help me with a v300 cuz that all she has info on and my phone is flash/flexed with v600

so if any 1 knows how 2 get 2 the sim unlock menu on a v600 and/or a flashed v300 this info would be of help

p.s. i don't no any 1 that uses a non TMO GSM service so i have not been able 2 try putting a foren sim card in

p.p.s i do have a usb cable if any one knows where 2 get an app 4free that will let me put my unlock code in it and unlock my phone this would help as well TY
    If the menu access thing doesn't work for you your going to have to Borrow or BUY a SIM card.
    ($10 on Ebay, shipped)

Skip lunch and you'll have the cash to pruchase. That's what i did.

PS: Make SURe you have FULLY charged battery before entering the unlock code.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

p.s. i don't no (KNOW) any 1 (ANYONE) that uses a non TMO GSM service so i have not been able 2 try putting a foren sim card in

Phone
    Palm Centro
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    wu-wei, lol. was it the "man on the moon" reaching from around behind ya??

ill tell ya now.. it wasnt me ya felt.. lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast