Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Here are the hosted links for 8900 stuff!!!

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    my major question is how you got around the brew locked files like nvm_hei? this would be some useful knowlage to all
    "I Like You When The World Is Mine Your Death Will Be Quick And Painless" Stewy

Feedback Score
    well i haven't had to touch nvm_hei yet, but if needed in the future, you can set the phone in Sleep Mode, and then upload a file as "pending" and have it overwritten with the next reboot, i think? i'd have to do more tracing of the brewapploader for that, but why do you need to access that file?

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    because headers for the animations are stored in there along with a lot of other intresting nvm_ files and part of the phonebook data i think i belive it was the group data

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i like your ui in the picture what language are you using and what compiler

Feedback Score
    ah yes, i see where it stores the file type for each graphic/animation.. i'll do some more tests to see if we can get this info to be auto-updated on reboot, or if we can set the new graphics to images that dont correspond with existing entries in that file..

vb6

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    funny enough thats what i'm using our code is compatiable if we can't write to the nvm_hei then we can't add animations there isn't really anyway around this if the phone finds a file in the download_ani.txt file and dosen't have a coresponding refrence in nvm_hei then it automatically says the file is invalid

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    plus without being able to overwrite those files we will never be able to do a full backup and restore which would be nice

Feedback Score
    didn't one of those GAGIN guys say he made a patch to overwrite the locked files?

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i think so but gagin is brew 1.0 not 2 like ours you would think they have beefed up the security from 1.0 in that area

Feedback Score
    oh ok, well then, i guess we can forge a dummy SMS message with all the images to upload at one time.. i still have a lot to understand about the SMS message storage system though.. but it should work? i mean, we can re-write all the files related to SMS, and i dont think anything is needed in the /nvm/ folder, but i could be wrong..?

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    again images are really no prob its direct manipulation of animations because of nvm_hei images don't have to be stored in the nvm_hei file
    ps who is your carrier

Feedback Score
    when you say images, you mean wallpaper or the camera images? because i was unable to load a created "download_img.txt" without any new wallpapers giving the invalid file error, because it did not have the matching entry in nvm_hei.. any .jpg, .gif or .png needs an entry there so the phone knows which decoder to use when reading the file (at least thats my guess).. but are you saying you can directly manipulate wallpaper images without nvm_hei entries?

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    actually i don't think i have ever checked on the cricket 8900 you can just insert the image into the /brew/shared/images directory go to brew settings manage apps and it will appear either way we need to be able to access the brew lock files for full backups like if you download a brew app and you want to delete it off your phone to save space if you put the mif back on you phone the phone will still delete it even though it came from your phone due to the lack of an entry for it in the nvm directory this sucks i'm not trying to steal apps just keep the ones that are paid for since cricket is introducing games and apps soon

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    what do you use to do your tracing?

Device(s)
    UT Starcom PPC6700
    Carrier(s)
    Cellular South
    Feedback Score
    The Ringtone tool keeps giving me talk about the files all being outdated. If anyone knows how to fix this, give me your aim address, or add me to msn, [email protected]
    --brandon

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast