Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Here are the hosted links for 8900 stuff!!!

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    my links do work. (all except for the original ringtone tool) I took that one down at CID's request.

Feedback Score
    can sum1 explain to me how to run the program

when he says that there are a few files required, am i supposed to find those files on my comp somewhere or do i have to get visual basic and then it will work

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by hell00
    can sum1 explain to me how to run the program

when he says that there are a few files required, am i supposed to find those files on my comp somewhere or do i have to get visual basic and then it will work
    please wait until i have completed the installer. its only ment for advanced users at this point.

Device(s)
    Unlocked Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    City Fido with 50$ unlimited data plan
    Feedback Score
    Bonch,

here is the path to ringers for Telus :

/ur/sn/rng

Device(s)
    Unlocked Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by bonch
    ok this tool is made for the verizon wireless phones, but it should work for the telus with a little modification. i noticed you have no other ring tones on your phone? when you connect, your list should be automatically imported. is this correct? if so, your upload error might be because the directory does not exist. i had that problem when i first got my 8900. in the mean time, you could try using bitpim to create that directory. i'll have to update the code to check for that. umm, but if you already have that directory and have other uploaded ring tones, then we have some other problem.

also, dont rename the mp3 to mid. i leave all my mp3s as mp3 and mid as mid.

also, the smallest file size for mp3 ring tones can be made using 24kbs 22500hz mono, instead of 64. it sounds the same on the phone but will save you around 100kb in file size. if you use cool edit pro, just set the bit rate filter to around 7000. here is an example: Julian Theory - If I Told You This Was Killing

and only the ring tone feature is working right now with my tool, although wallpaper and getting camera pics will be finished soon.

I have succesfully used the makeindex file to modify the .txt file : both my ringers appears now ( one is the ein kleine music from Mozard, a true mid and the other is jt-killingme.mid ).

The true mid plays, but not the MP3 !!!

Any ideas ???

I notice that next to the ein kleine, there is a little music note displayed, but not next to the jt one.

Device(s)
    UX-830
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel-
    Feedback Score
    Mpierre,
    Try not using special characters in your ringtone name. Take out the dash and try it. I read on here that the phone will freack out if there are characters other than letters and numbers in the name.

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by mpierre
    Bonch,

here is the path to ringers for Telus :

/ur/sn/rng
    thanks, i should be able to get telus working soon. i have included support for the different index file and will update the path as well..

does your telus store "download_snd.txt" in the folder "db"?

also, with our 8900, we dont have to rename the .mp3 to .mid, but is that a requirement for the telus 8900? and i guess it could be possible that they have different mp3 decoders so maybe only certain mp3 bitrates work.

Device(s)
    Unlocked Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by bonch
    thanks, i should be able to get telus working soon. i have included support for the different index file and will update the path as well..

Thank you...

does your telus store "download_snd.txt" in the folder "db"?
    Yes, that doesn't change.

also, with our 8900, we dont have to rename the .mp3 to .mid, but is that a requirement for the telus 8900? and i guess it could be possible that they have different mp3 decoders so maybe only certain mp3 bitrates work.
    I don't know.. I assumed it had to be a .mid Will try tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    i created a new thread so that we could keep track of brewsky easier.. i also uploaded v1.01 beta that includes support for telus index structure and also has Get Camera Photos and Wallpapers working..

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=406768

Device(s)
    audiovox 8900
    Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    i used brewsky to get my ringtones....everything is fine but when someone calls my selected downloaded tone does not play...why?
    I'M ON FIRE!!!!

Device(s)
    audiovox 8900
    Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    brewsky works fine for cricket phones.......the ringer was'nt playing because the phone number i was callin from had a set ringer in my phone book....so all cricket users ...get ya brewsky on..enjoy

Device(s)
    LG VX8800 (Venus)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

freelane

Make sure you have the Area Code in your address book entry.

So if you had only the 7 digit phone number in your address book the default ring will work for that contact. If you put the 9 digit number, it will use the special one you selected.

Device(s)
    CDMA 8900
    Carrier(s)
    Verison
    Feedback Score
    I tried installing the futuredial USB drivers, but it doesn't list the Audiovox 8900??? What did you guys pic for a compadable phone?? I'm on Verizon.
    Thanks

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Select LG v6000

Device(s)
    Audiovox 8900 CDMA
    Carrier(s)
    US Verizon
    Feedback Score
    bonch that would be awesome cause i cant get the comm ports on bitpim to work anyway and i want an easier program to use, your the man definitely, keep the post updated w/ that.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast