Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Here are the hosted links for 8900 stuff!!!

Device(s)
    Lg Vx8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Unhappy audiovox 8900

Can some one help me please I have installed a cable with curitel drivers that came with it and I have also made sure its installed on the computer, I then installe Brewsky and attempted to download the files on the phone and it just site there downloading i looked through this forum and didnt see anything that was related that answered my question, is there somthin Im missing or extra that I have to install
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the screeming passengers in his car.

Device(s)
    Audiovox 8900
    Carrier(s)
    Verzion
    Feedback Score
    I having a bit of trouble transfering htings with my phone... as well...

I have curitel drivers 4.17 it installed it on com6

I tried using bitpim i got connected to the phone.. but it would just sit there forever loading the file structure it would jsut say busy .. could never get it to load..

I have used brewski and succesfully put a backround the example one on the phone.... but

If i try a ringtone... it will just sit with the upload in progress box... As well if i try to take the banar off.. But it at least loads the 42 k file but then just freezes...

not sure if anyone has had these problems do note the backround works .. Bueatifully! thanks for any help....

Oh can anyone post where you can find other cool backrounds and ringtones like that.. for free. thanks...

Device(s)
    Audiovox 8900
    Carrier(s)
    Verzion
    Feedback Score
    Starting to think its the drivers..

Device(s)
    Audiovox 8900
    Carrier(s)
    Verzion
    Feedback Score
    Found the problem Mr.Rogers..

Connect to the port that your modem is on not the diagnostics.. one..

the drivers put it on two ports in my case 3 and 4..

so connect to the modem and it shoudl alll work

Device(s)
    Audiovox 8900 CDMA
    Carrier(s)
    US Verizon
    Feedback Score
    coop6 can you give a step by step to what com port to put it on, i see it in control panel that mine is on com 4 but when i use brew or bitpim it wont connect, i get errors or open port. if you can help that would be great.

thanks

Device(s)
    RAZR V3re
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Audiovox 8900
    Carrier(s)
    Verzion
    Feedback Score

to find out what port its on

Ya.. I will help you...

First off , are you using the crutiel drivers?

If you are right click my computer go into hardware and then device manage..

and connect to the port that it says that the phone modem is on.. not what com prot it says the usb diagnostic thing or whatever is on...

to find out what com the modem expand it .. and it will say crutiel packet service.. then right click properties.. then go into modem tab it should say at the top what port its on

* note * to get brewsky to work.. you must first run bitpim..

Click view and go into view filesystem then hit the plus.. in the log you will see a bunch of stuff like this

12:54:49.687 COM3: Opening port COM3, 115200 baud, timeout 3.000000, hardwareflow 0, softwareflow 0
    12:54:49.717 COM3: Open of comm port suceeded
    12:54:49.750 Other CDMA Phone: Listing dir ''
    12:54:52.750 COM3: Timed out waiting for 7e, requested bytes 1 - 0 bytes read
    12:54:52.765 COM3: Changed port speed to 38400
    12:54:56.265 COM3: Timed out waiting for 7e, requested bytes 1 - 0 bytes read
    12:54:56.280 COM3: Changed port speed to 115200
    12:54:59.828 COM3: Timed out waiting for 7e, requested bytes 1 - 0 bytes read
    12:55:02.858 Other CDMA Phone: Now in brew mode

once your phone is in brew mode you can then close out of bitpim.. and connect to the same port on brewsky.. and it will do anything you want...

Hope i have helped ya... I know how frustrating it was untill i got it

Device(s)
    Audiovox 8900 CDMA
    Carrier(s)
    US Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ok i can get bitpim to open the file system and i can see it finally, thats one step closer, i would feel safer using brew though, when i start up brew it wont work, says port open, when i close bitpim first then open brew under same com port, which is 3, it says port open and wont let me see the file structure, let me know what to do from here, thank for all the help man i really appreciate it.

Device(s)
    audiovox 8900
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score

Need help with Bitpin

Hi all,

I'm new to this so please have patience I got my 8900 last week from verizon (annoying banners and all). read through all the threads to try to fully understand the process...I already had the Mobile Office Kit from VZ, so I am using the straight USB data cable and drivers that came with it. downloaded bitpin with LG4400 setting but it will not recognize my phone. any ideas?

also, do I need a hex editor if I am just overwriting bin files as a whole (with the files that this forum has graciously supplied!)

Thanks,

crooner

Device(s)
    Audiovox CDM8900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Unhappy HELP!!!!!!!!

I just got my phone 2 days ago. I am hoping someone can help me. First, I want to know if there is any way to send ringtones through text messaging. Second, I want to be able to download animation for text messaging....is that possible. I have been using Get it now and can't find animations. Can anyone help me?

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by SnoopyII
    Select LG v6000
    Sweet, I went through HUNDREDS of posts to find this out!

THANKS!

Feedback Score

help

where can i get the main program to do the mp3 ringtones on my phone please help [email protected]

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    On the first page of this thread.

Bitpim

Device(s)
    SCP-5500 - sanhoe
    Carrier(s)
    all kinds
    Feedback Score
    Now you would be god if you could port this to work with alltel and the 8410. For the love of my life ive not been able to get a single ringtone working and ive tried QPST,bitpim and others. Any ideas?
    Phone Caper

Carrier(s)
    telus
    Feedback Score

USB driver for the 8900

Hey Guys,

I just got my data cable for my 8900, I tried to install it with the crucial generic cable driver, but it can't seem to find the phone. could someone let me know where I can get a copy of the driver? Thanks very much!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast