Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what does verizon do when your phone breaks?

Phone
    LG enV
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

what does verizon do when your phone breaks?

i don't think i have insurance on my phone...but pretty sure there is a manufactures warranty...what would they do?

Phones
    Apple iphone 3G
    Kyocera Jax
    Carriers
    Present: Cingular GSM, 6 year
    Feedback Score

Re: what does verizon do when your phone breaks?

Originally posted by vols
    i don't think i have insurance on my phone...but pretty sure there is a manufactures warranty...what would they do?
    This happened to my mom's phone today and do you know what they do about it nothing.... They say to bad sucks for you... Even when i had insurance... As far as man if you broke it by smashing it same thing if its a software probelm then they should fix it but if you broke like it sounds like you did you are ××××ed....

Welcome to the Verizon ××××ed me over club!

Phones
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    Kyocera Duramx
    Motorola Unication Alpha Elite
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    How can you expect a cellco to eat the cost of a new phone when YOU broke it? They are in the business to make money, not lose it. That is why they sub contract out insurance to lockline or assurion. Its a 50 dollar deductable and you sometimes get a refurb, but its btter then nothing or paying full retail(hundreds of dollars ushaly). If you dont have insurance then you are ****ed. Thats like expecting a car dealer to pay for your car after you bught it from them and on your way home one night u total it. See the logic?
    The US Department of Justice said today:

"AT&T could obtain substantially the same network enhancements that it claims will come from the transaction if it simply invested in its own network without eliminating a close competitor..."

It's The Network, That Never Stops Working For You.

Verizon Wireless Customer Council member since August 2006. Currently Testing: Motorola Droid Bionic

Phones
    Apple iphone 3G
    Kyocera Jax
    Carriers
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Frito
    How can you expect a cellco to eat the cost of a new phone when YOU broke it? They are in the business to make money, not lose it. That is why they sub contract out insurance to lockline or assurion. Its a 50 dollar deductable and you sometimes get a refurb, but its btter then nothing or paying full retail(hundreds of dollars ushaly). If you dont have insurance then you are ****ed. Thats like expecting a car dealer to pay for your car after you bught it from them and on your way home one night u total it. See the logic?
    Of corse insurance doesn't matter if they still won't do it right and still try to rip your off.

I had TOTAL EQIPMENT COVERAGE i broke phone i went in to get a referb for 50 dollers was supposed to get it that was my first time i have broke my a phone out of my history of 5 phones... SO they said they wouldn't replace it because it was my fault. I WAS PISSED because that is what i signed up for is TOTAL EQIPMENT COVERAGE WTF??? I am not a person who breaks a phone, so i have no idea why they didn't..

Phones
    LG vx8300, 8600
    BB 8700
    KRZR K1
    Carriers
    Cellco Partnership
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by BKKloppenborg
    Of corse insurance doesn't matter if they still won't do it right and still try to rip your off.

I had TOTAL EQIPMENT COVERAGE i broke phone i went in to get a referb for 50 dollers was supposed to get it that was my first time i have broke my a phone out of my history of 5 phones... SO they said they wouldn't replace it because it was my fault. I WAS PISSED because that is what i signed up for is TOTAL EQIPMENT COVERAGE WTF??? I am not a person who breaks a phone, so i have no idea why they didn't..
    They are only going to replace your phone if your phone is defective and they have a refurbished one in stock. Total equipment coverage replaces defective units, sends them out for repair, or allows you to make an insurance claim. If you broke it or physically damaged it, you have to make a claim with your insurance provider. Even your beloved Cingular will make you go through the insurance provider if you broke your phone. I've done it twice with them myself.

I thought you had prepaid? Didn't know you could use your insurance on prepaid plans...??

Phones
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    Kyocera Duramx
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    well i dont know what happened there. When i had my 270C i threw into the wall one day and it broke in to 3 peices not to mention the antenna and screen were totaly busted. I had a 50 dollar replacement within 3 days, and it was BRAND new. also when i had my nokia 5185i(many years ago) i broke the screen and had a new phone sent to me in 4 days. Those are the only times i had to use insurance and it was a smooth deal. I dont know what happend to you.

Phones
    Motorola e815
    Motorola v710
    Audiovox 9900
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What probably happened is he went in, they said they can't replace it for him. Before they get a chance to tell him he has to go through insurance he flips out on them and they think to themselves **** you and tell him there is nothing he can do. If you do indeed have insurance, even if isn't total equipment(which covers physical damage I believe), you can always just say you lost it to the insurance company. Unless you're one of those "I swear I ordered insurance when I got my phone, but didn't complain when I wasn't getting charged for it" people. It seems all you do on here is rant and rave rather than participate in civil and intellectual discussions. If you do indeed have insurance, call your insurance provider and tell them to send you a new phone. Verizon has nothing to do with it.
    When you think everyone else is better than you just keep one thing in mind, you were once the fastest sperm in the bunch.

"You see things and ask why? But I dream of things that Never Were and ask, why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

"Minds are like parachutes; they work best when open. " -Lord Thomas Dewar

Phone
    Audiovox 9900
    Feedback Score
    You should get an American Express card that adds a year onto the manufacturers warranty. All you do is file a claim, and you get a check or a credit within a week or two for the purchase price. They never even have you send them the phone or prove the damage.

Phone
    iPhone 4G 32GB
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by whooten_coli
    You should get an American Express card that adds a year onto the manufacturers warranty. All you do is file a claim, and you get a check or a credit within a week or two for the purchase price. They never even have you send them the phone or prove the damage.
    The same is true of Master Card Gold, Visa Gold and other credit cards. Double warranty is automatic.

Phone
    Motorola V3c Razr
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If you have the insurance option on your account, this will cover anything that's consider abuse, that the manufacturer will not cover.

If you do have it, then you will need to call Asurion, proceed with the claim, pay for the deductible with a cc which is $50 and they will send you a replacement (whether its refurb of the same phone or an equal value phone and again a new or refurb) usually the next day.

Phones
    iPhone 3G-S
    Moto v635 back up to my PDA
    Hers: Apple iPhone (back up Nokia 6131)
    Carriers
    AT&T effective: 11/24/07
    VZW: +10 yr customer. Excellent service, but not worth the ~40% premium on voice and data plans!
    Feedback Score
    Here we go again...

The best, easiest and "headache free" way to handle a "broken phone" issue (assuming you have TEC) is to call the 1-800 number for Lockline or Assurion.

Tell them your handset is busted, and you don't know why. Give them your cc number so they can bill you $50, and you'll have your refurb unit in three days.

Problem solved.

If you were too fricken cheap to pay for TEC, then you're on your own. End of discussion.

Have a nice day.

Phones
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    Kyocera Duramx
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Well said guys. I feel the same way. BKK complains to much about Verizon. Like i tell customers sometimes after there is absoultely NOTHING i can do, I fyou dont like it pay the ETF and walk your *** across the street ot Cingular. ITs crazy that any person would expect Verizon to cover a phone that YOU broke, its not thier resposibilty, hence the reason why there is insurance. Like i said before, Verizon is in the business to make money, not lose it on a irresposible prolly low end customer.

Phones
    LG VX8100
    LG VX7000
    LG VX6000
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Doesn't Verizon have an Opps program? Where they give you a cheap refurb phone. Or did they get rid of that?

Phones
    Apple iphone 3G
    Kyocera Jax
    Carriers
    Feedback Score
    Well said guys. I feel the same way. BKK complains to much about Verizon. Like i tell customers sometimes after there is absoultely NOTHING i can do, I fyou dont like it pay the ETF and walk your *** across the street ot Cingular. ITs crazy that any person would expect Verizon to cover a phone that YOU broke, its not thier resposibilty, hence the reason why there is insurance. Like i said before, Verizon is in the business to make money, not lose it on a irresposible prolly low end customer.
    WTF? ××××er? I TOLD YOU I HAD TEC.... So read my ××××ing post again if you can read right because i put in their i bought the tec. Go back to preschool and learn how to read before you tell me what i did and did not do...

O Tec= TOTAL EQUIPMENT COVERAGE just in case you don't know how to read abbr. to

Feedback Score

man no offense but you are a tool. First you assume that he broke his phone through abuse, excuse me but some cell phones are just plain junk that will break if you look at them so don't blame that poor guy if his phone just died and he didn't break it. Second like he said he has insurance and pays for tec, if tec doesn't cover a broken phone in this siuation then what exactly does it cover, nothing? Why pay money for a extra warrenty if it's the same as the free warrenty you get fron the phone manufacturer. Third don't you think verizon is a big enough company making Billions to help a poor guy out and write off a broken phone. Just cause you work for verizon don't act like he's trying to take money out of your paycheck, not like he wants out of his contract he wants keep his contract and wants to keep paying verizon money he just wants a working phone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast