Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Moto E398 FAQ

Device(s)
    V3, V3i Samsung e720, e630, Moto v80, V620, E398, SE K700i, v525,INNO90, SEZ600
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Post Moto E398 FAQ

Here it is... lemme know if I should add anything!
    Mods might want to sticky this somewhere! Thanks!

Q. What does it come with?
    A. Phone, battery (700ma), T-Flash card with SD adaptor, Instructions, Data cable, MPT CD and travel charger.

Q. What GSM bands are supported?
    A. 900/1800/1900 –The USA version replaces 900 with 850 (not released yet)

Q. What screen is on the phone?
    A. 176x220 TFT TransFLECTIVE screen @ 65k colors

Q. What is the phone made out of?
    A. Very firm rubber and metal

Q. How much does it weigh and how big is it?
    A. A tad larger than the Sony Ericsson t610 at 108 x 46 x 21 mm and 108 grams.

Q. Does it use the standard "moto charger"
    A. Yes same as the vXXX/v60/t720/Nextel phones.

Q. Any battery info?
    A. Yes as mentioned - 700MA and is the same battery used in the Moto t720 but NOT the vXXX/v60.

Q. How much memory does the phone have?
    A. 5MB internal and a 64MB TransFlash card is included with SD adaptor

Q. What is the largest T-Flash card I can buy?
    A. As of now, a 128MB card is available with 1GB cards out before the year’s out.

Q. What are the built-in cameras’ specifications?
    A. VGA/0.3MP/640x480 camera.

Q. Can I see some pix of the phone and some sample shots?
    A. Sure right HERE!

Q. Does it have Flash?
    A. Yes and it can be used as a flashlight.

Q. How many speakers does the phone have?
    A. 2 on the sides and 2 tiny ones on the top used for a “surround sound” effect

Q. How is the speakerphone?
    A. Excellent! The use of multiple speakers really helps out the audio performance!

Q. Can the speakerphone be activated BEFORE the call is connected?
    A. YES!

Q. Can it be used as a MP3 player?
    A. Yes play lists can be created and it can be used as a stand-alone player.

Q. What quality of MP3’s can be put into the memory?
    A. I tested all the way up to 196Kps and it worked perfectly!

Q. Can MP3’s be used as ringtones and message tones?
    A. Yes, Both.

Q. What sort of polyphonic ringers does it support?
    A. Standard 24-tone polyphony, but now in stereo.

Q. Can you use standard headphones with it?
    A. Yes it has a standard 3.5mm audio jack on the top.

Q. Can it record video?
    A. No, as of now it cannot.

Q. Can it record Voice?
    A. Yes and No… the voice memo app is missing for some reason, but audio can be recorded for MMS.

Q. Can it play back video?
    A. Yes in .MP4 and .3GP format

Q. How large can MMS messages be?
    A. It dose NOT have a limit on how large the MMS is sent nor received.

Q. How are the Skins different from the themes?
    A. Skins change the look of the menu and buttons while the theme changes the ring tone/background/screensaver.

Q. Phonebook?
    A. Exactly the same as the vXXX series.

Q. Battery Life?
    A. 210 hours stand-by and 7 hours talk time.

Q. What about haptics… what are they?
    A. An attempt to make the phone more interactive adding light effects and tactile feedback to everything from ring tones to simply browsing through menus.Ringer video

Q. What is the difference between Haptics and Rhythm lights?
    A. Rhythm lights is a mode activated in the phone for it to react to outside sounds… The sensitivity to sound can be adjusted as well as the color pattern. They are all pretty cool looking.

Q. Where can I go for downloads?
    A. www.get-mobile.co.uk or http://wap.rousso.net

Have fun!
    Last edited by INNOVA; 07-13-2004 at 11:55 PM.

Device(s)
    Sprint Treo 600
    Feedback Score
    Great work Innova! Thanks!

Now for another Q for you or any E398 owner willing to test this: Can you establish a GPRS connection to the internet via BT? I've heard the V600 had some problems with this, and I'm hoping that's been addressed.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sorry I don't have a BT dongle right now... can't test it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4G
    Feedback Score
    Yes... using BT doggle from MSI and dial up from the phone.. no problem at all.

Limitation :

1. Ringtone, when u set 1 ringtone to a person, the caller and SMS will have the same ringtone. The SMS alert tone will not take the default sound. This is same as caller group ringtone, once u set it, both the SMS and call will have the same tone.

2. Phonebook, u have to view SIM and Phone listing together, no way to set which one to view.

3. Picture ID, if 1 person have 2 or 3 numbers, u need to assign picture to all 2 or 3... its not combine.

so far thats some limitation i have try....

Memory only 4MB for the phone, u need to put yout photo ID and MP3 ringtone on the phone, it will not work in the CARD.

Device(s)
    SE K810I/W850I/K800I/W900I/Z520a/V802/S700I/S710a/T610/T630/T300/Z600/Z200/T237
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score

A soon proud owner of the E398

I've seen a few ppl commented that they found out the MP3 ringtone for the SMS/MMS..is set to be the same as the MP3 for the ringtone of the phone? I'm guessing it's probably due to the limited internal memory of the phone which only has 4mb...to somewhere around 7-8mb if you delete all the unwanted files that's preinstalled in the phone. For one to set MP3 as the phone's ringtone and SMS/MMS ringtone, the only way is to use the MP3 ringtone in the phone's mem not on the flash card. So...if your MP3 is 5mb and you're about to fill up the mem in the phone, I assume you can only get to use the one 5mb MP3 as the ringtone for every application...as per the few E398 users comments on other forums.

INNOVA: Let me know if I'm totally right on this if you can kindly test this out....and correct anything if it needs be...THANKS
    Anticipating S60 version 5 Platform.
    Anticipating SE HPM-77 Headset.

Device(s)
    SE K810I/W850I/K800I/W900I/Z520a/V802/S700I/S710a/T610/T630/T300/Z600/Z200/T237
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score

One more quick question for all E398 users

I don't have the SD card reader to PC device yet...and don't feel the impulse of getting one for myself for like $40 bucks...as I just paid $560 for the phone from Calson Wireless aka Milkboy on HOFO...and waiting for it to arrive at my door....right
    back to the question that's not yet even written up to this sentence...lol

I'd like to know if I can just use bluetooth and/or data cable w/ software that came with the phone to load some good quality MP3 that's under 192bits to the phone and then transfer it to the flash card. Using the phone as the transfering device is what I'm thinking, I think the E398 should be capable of doing that simple task np right?! if [email protected]&$*&&...haha...let me know ppl

Device(s)
    HP IPAQ 6315, Motorola v3 Razr, Motorola E398, Motorola V300
    Carrier(s)
    tried using SE T610 (lame), NOKIA 6220 with sprint pcs (LAMER!)
    Feedback Score
    you can put files (mp3's included) directly to the T-FLASH while connected using the cable. dont have BT yet so cant confirm.
    CINGULAR 8525
    ======================
    ROM:Black-IV-Shadow
    ROM DATE: 5/10/07
    RADIO VER:1.43.00.00
    PROTOCOL VER:32.76.7020.19H

HP IPAQ 6315 UNLOCKED
    ======================
    Product Revision Level 1.0
    ROM Date: 07/10/04
    ROM Revision: 1.00.01 ENG
    OS Version: 4.20.0.3

Device(s)
    Motorola Q9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    when connected to a BT head set, will the phone and the headseat ring at the same time when receiving a call...or only the headset?

Device(s)
    JP 903sh
    Feedback Score
    i noticed theres a problem while taking pictures under low light...
    while in camera mode on 640pix size, if i zoom in once...... occasionally the phone will hang during cam mode.. i wont be able to get outa it.... anyone has same problem?

then either i take out battery or wait for awhile... like a few mins it will go back to main screen...
    dammit.... happened quite a few times.... especially when playing with zoom X2.......

btw, seems that files sent directly thru bluetooth via mobile tools, mainly 192k mp3 will be lowered itself to 96kpbs....

i wonder why....
    so now i juz load tones n mp3's directly to card via card reader so it wont bring down my mp3 quality...
    i presume its to save phone space...

btw Inno Excellent FAQ!!!!!

Re topic to 3.5mm jacks.
    its suppose to be 2.5mm jacks....
    coz it came with a 2.5mm headset, im sure if u squeeze a 3.5mm u'd break the fone....
    Last edited by k2bk2bk2b; 07-14-2004 at 10:05 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks k2bk2bk2b. I'll check out the headset. If so no biggie as you can get a 2.5mm headset adaptor at any RadioShack Good info though.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4G
    Feedback Score
    ok... few things straight here :

1. about sms/mms ringtone same as the caller ringtones... it is only happen when u assign 1 particular ringtone to that person or to that group. under normal circumstances... 1 ringtone for 1 call, 1 for sms and 1 for mms.... all is working fine.

2. transfering from BT is possible but i suggest use the cable bcos BT needs to have double or triple the time to transfer your MP3.

3. 2.5mm jack ? what do u mean ? the jack comes with 3 black round circle ? what is that mean ? i can't find any 2.5mm jack with 3 black circle on it.....

4. about the camera, so far i didn't have that problem

but i do have this serious problem :

I transferred few MP3 to the phone, after finish stated from the mobile phonetool.... i just go to the sounds and play... it says NOT FOUND.... i have to restart the phone and on the MP3 player again... but half of my MP3 is corrupted... need to transfer again... its not stable cos looks like the phone is processing something after u send the MP3...

Then, u can only send it once, if u send 1... then u want to send another MP3... it says Internal Error..... ?????? (I send it in 1 shot...)

Sometimes.. when u send half way.. it will says 'Connection Broken by the phone'

still haven't found any solution to this... just need to trial and error.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just confirmed that it is a 2.5mm jack.

LocalBus, I have had problems with MPT but no issues with Bluetooth. You might want to try sending that file that corrupts that way to see if it still happens.

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Maybe someone will reply here, how do I upload java game to E398? can it play from the flash card?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4G
    Feedback Score
    U can upload your game using these 2 methods :

1. Use the data cable, download the MIDWay Tools here : http://www.motocoders.com/motorola/p...s#mediamanager

2. Using your BT Doggle, once u connected, u discover available services, then u will be able to see the icon 'OBEX Object Push on E398' in the BT windows. Now, open your windows explorer, resize it smaller then locate your .JAR file. Grab the file and put it on the 'OBEX Object push on E398 icon', your phone will respond, save it and install.....

Hope this will help.

By the way Innova, yes, BT is more stable but how much time u need to transfer a 3MB file ? i took almost 7 to 8 minutes.

U mean 2.5mm jack ? those jack use on my normal discman ? anyone try it b4 ?

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Few question here which is not in FAQ.

1. Can SMS messages saved in phone allowing more SMS.

2. Are there settings when you sent an SMS, it will alert you when receipient has received it?

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast