Thread: Instant Messaging

Feedback Score

Instant Messaging

Has anyone figured out how to get Yahoo on the 710? I tried following the instructions on the site, basically going to GIN then Messaging, but the only thin there is something called SodaPop. Are these phones compatible with Yahoo and MSN apps, or can we only do it thought regular txt message?

Device(s)
    HTC VX6800
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    They probally have not compiled it for the V710 yet

I would expect we will see many more apps on GIN at the official launch.

My Lg7000 is BREW 2.1.2.5

My V710 is: 2.1.1

the LG has a newer version of BREW

J

Device(s)
    Motorola v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    According to VZW data dept. Yahoo and msn do not work yet with the mobile web 2.0. I had commented about these missing features in another thread and someone replied that we could add the mobile web 1.0 also to our phones but at this time I cannot find the settings to input in web sessions.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by jimbo1969
    According to VZW data dept. Yahoo and msn do not work yet with the mobile web 2.0. I had commented about these missing features in another thread and someone replied that we could add the mobile web 1.0 also to our phones but at this time I cannot find the settings to input in web sessions.
    People are actually referring to the MobileIM application that allows for the use of MSN, Yahoo, or AIM IM conversations. It's a decent application, although it has it's share of bugs.

It is not yet available for the v710. For a long time, it was only available for the vx6000, but now it's also available for the vx4600 and the vx7000. Hopefully we won't have to wait long for the v710 version -- the normal version does not work well at all on the v710.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

yahoo access

You can get some yahoo access using mobile.yahoo.com on the browser. The yahoo! menu does have a "messenger" option, but when I run that, the browser crashes, or shows me the underlying html (actually, it refers to HDML version 3.0 ? ) either way it doesn't work.

Personally, the mobile web 2.0 (which is supposed to be an enhanced brower, isn't it?) disappoints...slow slow slow, and many of the links on the VZW home page (I haven't found how to change the home page---anyone?) don't work, and I get many timeouts.

I assume this will improve upon official Verizon launch. I sure hope so.

Feedback Score
    I want AOL instant messenger on this Phone

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

Bump dat; anyone try it yet?

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8300 Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Centennial Wireless
    Feedback Score

It's out

You just have to download it from Get Messaging (from Get it Now) They came out with it earlier this week. Works pretty well. But they neglected to use itap with it so you have to tap each letter instead of using MOT's ITAP9 to spell the words out.