Thread: phone doesn't ring when headset is on

Feedback Score

phone doesn't ring when headset is on

Just picked up my v710 yesterday along with the 820 headset.

The headset and the phone work great together, except when I have the headset on (in standby) and I get a phone call, the phone does not ring anymore. The headset will beep a few times to let me know the phone is ringing, the phone does not.

What if I have the headset powered on but am not wearing it on my ear? Then I get no alert. Does anyone know how to set it so the phone still rings?

Device(s)
    iphone
    Carrier(s)
    Att Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Exact same issue with v600. Only way to solve ( I was told ) is with new firmware

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Re: phone doesn't ring when headset is on

Originally posted by toure

The headset and the phone work great together, except when I have the headset on (in standby) and I get a phone call, the phone does not ring anymore. The headset will beep a few times to let me know the phone is ringing, the phone does not.

What if I have the headset powered on but am not wearing it on my ear? Then I get no alert. Does anyone know how to set it so the phone still rings?
    if you're not using the headset, keep the boom closed.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: phone doesn't ring when headset is on

Originally posted by steve12m3
    if you're not using the headset, keep the boom closed.

820 does not have a folding boom only the 810

Device(s)
    LG Fusic
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Mine vibrates when I have the headset on, and the headset beeps aswell

Feedback Score
    wonder if it is a software/firmware issue. What s/w version are you on? Can't imagine they'd send out the first batch with different s/w but it's possible.

I'm on 8700_01.30.8F

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Originally posted by toure

It should ring through the headset ear piece. So unless your wearing you won't know if its ringing. You can shut the headset off to help save battery on the head set then turn it back on when you need it. Doing this also should let the phone ring normal.

Device(s)
    HTC VX6800
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    HAving bout hthe 820 and the 810, I am returning the 820.

The having to turn it on and off is a hassle, and it is to easy to leave on and put in your pocket. The Boom on the 810 makes this task much simpler.

J

Feedback Score
    It does ring through the headset. I would just think the phone should also ring. In case I take the headset off and put it on my desk and fail to turn it off. It just seems it should ring in both to me. Or at least let me configure which way I want.

Feedback Score
    It does ring through the headset. I would just think the phone should also ring. In case I take the headset off and put it on my desk and fail to turn it off. It just seems it should ring in both to me. Or at least let me configure which way I want.

Feedback Score

bluetooth ringing

I have the same issue. It seems quite erratic. Sometimes it rings in the bluetooth headset and sometimes it vibrates on the phone but doesn't ring in the headset. Very strange to me. I would think that if you have your bluetooth headset on/linked it should ALWAYS ring in the headset (not always true) - and it should have an option whether to vibrate/ring also on the actual phone.

Currently it looks like it might ring at the phone, and sometimes rings at the headset (maybe headset is going into standy mode ???). . . .

Feedback Score
    For people who are wondering, if you are using a bluetooth headset, here is what happens when you have the headset linked to the phone :

If you have audible ring - the phone will no longer ring. headset will ring (double beep).

If you have vibrate - phone will not ring or vibrate, headset will ring.

If you have vibrate and alert - phone will vibrate twice and headset will not ring. after two vibrate alerts and the phone 'should' be switching to audible, it then rings in the headset and phone no longer vibrates or rings.

Extremely inconsistent with the way it handles ringing, but at least I know what/how its doing it.

Device(s)
    Samsung i730
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I'm pretty frustrated by this problem, hopefully they'll address and resolve it with a firmware update. For now I'll have to be dilligent about turning off my HS820 every time I end a call, otherwise I'll miss the next one.

Or maybe I'll just exchange it for the HS810 since it sounds like that one shuts off when the boom is folded in.

I did call Motorola support to ask them about it and they were very unapologetic about the lack of audible ring with a BT headset connected, so they may not think it's really a problem.

Device(s)
    Motorola Karma
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

I just got my phone over the weekend and the phone rings normally when I have it paired with my blue tooth headset I'm using the jabra 250

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    ^That's because you're probably using the updated s/w version...
    >>Recent Cellular Phone History: ...Motorola RIZR Z6tv, LG VX9100 enV2, Apple iPhone 3G, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Apple iPhone 3GS, Motorola DROID, Google Nexus One, HTC Tattoo, Apple iPhone 4

Motorola Droid [Gingerbread GPA12 with 1.00Ghz_LV_V0.1.zip 450MHz/1GHz Interactive via Peter Alfonso]