Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HELP !!! V-710 Phonebook Listings !!!!

Device(s)
    NOW: Blackberry Pearl & LG "New En V" (VX9100)
    Carrier(s)
    Never stop working for you
    Feedback Score

HELP !!! V-710 Phonebook Listings !!!!

Hello All Ho Fo ers out there,

Has anyone else noticed that in the Internal Phone Book you can only store 1 Phone Number per name, where many other phones like for example the A-670 you have name with 3 or 4 numbers underneath that name.

Maybe I have figured out how to do do it, I just wanted to know if anyone else have noticed this and if this is true or am I missing something.

Please post what you have noticed or if you have done more than 1 phone per name.

Thanks

Device(s)
    Samsung Blackjack
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    You can have as many phone numbers with the same name as you want. To show only the primary number in the phonebook, go to the setup menu for the phonebook and choose View: Primary Contacts. Doing that will only show the one name that you marked as the primary number.

To see the other numbers for a contact, just select a contact and scroll down. All the numbers for that one contact should be there.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ok i got this to work the way I had it set up in my samsung phone didn't carry over.

Thanks for your help on this cause I hated how motorola does their phone book and loved the samsung one.
    Last edited by Redemtious; 08-02-2004 at 03:45 AM.
    Originally posted by BoOMOnE
    i've got over 3000 posts and i'm still an idiot

Device(s)
    NOW: Blackberry Pearl & LG "New En V" (VX9100)
    Carrier(s)
    Never stop working for you
    Feedback Score

V-710 Phonebook

Originally posted by minhaferzz
    You can have as many phone numbers with the same name as you want. To show only the primary number in the phonebook, go to the setup menu for the phonebook and choose View: Primary Contacts. Doing that will only show the one name that you marked as the primary number.

To see the other numbers for a contact, just select a contact and scroll down. All the numbers for that one contact should be there.
    Minhaferzz --- I really appreciate your help with this.

Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Does the contact list accept addresses (street/city/state/zip)?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by EdF
    Does the contact list accept addresses (street/city/state/zip)?
    Nope. Email addresses and phone numbers appears to be the limit.

Device(s)
    Moto e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If you choose to only display the primary number for the contact, I think you should also know that when you're looking at the phonebook list, you can go to your one contact and scroll to the right or left and it will change the current phone number.

i.e. You have primary only displayed, and you scroll down the John Smith. His primary number is his Mobile, but you want to call his house. So with his name selected, just press right or left until the little house icon appears and hit send. There you go.

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH - 850
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

still archaic though

this whole multiple thing is very archaic. its a feeble attempt to match samsungs offering (my only other direct experience with phonebooks).

lets say you have Derek in your phone and you meet a new derek, but you didnt remember you already had a Derek. you'll end up automatically associating the new Derek with the old one.

this is APPAULING, and gonna be very confusing.

i dont make a habit of putting peoples full names in and this is confusing

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: still archaic though

Originally posted by simeyla
    this whole multiple thing is very archaic. its a feeble attempt to match samsungs offering (my only other direct experience with phonebooks).

lets say you have Derek in your phone and you meet a new derek, but you didnt remember you already had a Derek. you'll end up automatically associating the new Derek with the old one.

this is APPAULING, and gonna be very confusing.

i dont make a habit of putting peoples full names in and this is confusing
    Oh come on. You would actually prefer to have 2 separate names of "DEREK" and then have to scroll and figure out which is the right one, rather than just naming one "DEREK J" or something? Seems silly...

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH - 850
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    lets take a less common name like my friend Oscar.

when i put Oscar in - i'm pretty sure im not going to meet another Oscar so I just enter him as 'Oscar'.

now i meet another oscar, but lets say I've forgotten I already had oscar. i'll end up not knowing which is which.

so obviously at this point (adn this is exactly what i do with my samsung) is i would rename the first Oscar or maybe the second Oscar - but there'd never be any ambiguity.

i dont always ask peoples last name when i put them in, sometimes youre in a hurry or it isnt appropriate to ask - or maybe you dont want to ask because its embarassing because you should already know.

i know many people hate motorolas way of doing thing. with samsung when i add a new number it gives me a simple choice 'find name' or 'add new'.

the only problem there is if i cant remember if the person is already in the address book - and in this rare scenario no amount of technology is going to help me.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like you need a firmware upgrade of your brain.:laughs:

Device(s)
    Motorola Q (I hope)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Samsung's phonebook is different than Nokia's (possibly my favorite?) which is different from Motorola's. Moto's isn't bad, except when I'm sending a text message and I browse the phone book for the receipient, I have to go through all the phone numbers, not just the mobile numbers or even just the primary numbers. Perhaps there is a way to change THIS? I guess there are reasons that Motorola made it this way, but to their credit it's great on the V710 (better than my old a670) that I can easily select multiple receipents with checkmarks.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I changed the Phonebook setup to only show the primary number for a contact, but is there any way to add another phone number to an existing contact without having to type in their name again? I can only seem to edit a number for a contact, not add one. Thanks.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    yes. Edit the primary contact, then at the bottom of the screen select " .......MORE.......", choose Phone Number, then enter it and select it's type: work, home, mobile, etc.

Maarten

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    hi,

i having some trouble trying to figure out how to change the phonebook to view the primary contacts. I have looked through the manual and followed the instructions that it gave but was unable to fine the option. when i go to view its only by list and pictures. I have searched this forum and others trying to figure it out.

I hit menu > phonebook > menu > setup > and the there are 2 options view by which has list and pictures, the second option is sort by speed number, name, email.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

nuuuuts

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast