Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scratches....

Device(s)
    Treo 750v
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Scratches....

Just I feared, the v710 suffers from problems also seen on the v600. I have already started to notice the slight scratch marks across the top of the flip (right above the camera). Hard to say if some solution will get rid of it.....anybody else notice a similar problem?

Device(s)
    E815 - Cool!
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have noticed small scratches on my screen from the buttons. You can only see them when the screen is black but they are there. Damit!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G - At&t
    Carrier(s)
    AT&t, Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i thought i had scratches but when i wiped them off they moved over...they were little strings of fiber... but mine is still in mint condition...
    IPHONE 3G...

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by ekemner
    I have noticed small scratches on my screen from the buttons. You can only see them when the screen is black but they are there. Damit!
    Ditto.
    Space for Rent

Feedback Score
    its a mobile phone, its gunna get scratches. you just need to drop it once and stop worrying about the petty things.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by kendall
    its a mobile phone, its gunna get scratches. you just need to drop it once and stop worrying about the petty things.
    True.

But if the scratches happen prematurely because of crappy quality control*, then it's a minor gripe topic.

* The top of the clear screen "cover" doesn't seem flush with the upper half off the shell causing scratches on my particular phone. I guess I'll need to leave the phone in the holster since it keeps the top half open a smidge.

Device(s)
    Treo 750v
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    If I drop the phone, then that is my bad and I definitely would not be on here complaining about.

However, if scratches start appearing near the hinge because of excessive rubbing than that is a bit of a concern. Personally, I more concerned with the fact that it happened within a week of picking up the phone.

I am fully prepared for scratches and such due to use....but jeez, within a week and because of the hinge, that sucks

Device(s)
    Droid 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I don't have the phone yet, so I'm having a little trouble visualizing exactly what you guys are seeing. That being said, would the case that Verizon is going to sell likely prevent the problem? I expect this case will have clear sections that protect both the keys and the screen. There's a picture of it in the Verizon launch PDF file.

Thanks.
    Andy W.

Feedback Score
    i took a moment and looked at my v710 where everyone is worried about it getting scratched when its flipped open.

i dont know if it was intentional or not, i think it was because i see a slight ridge where the phone touches the top, but anyway, where it touches is rubber, just like the covers on the headphone and memory card slot.

RUBBER should not scratch the top of the phone.

so whats the WORRY NOW?

Device(s)
    Touch Pro (Sprint to VZW Conversion)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have a couple scratches on the back (someone else was fiddling with it and fumbled - grrr).

In order to avoid possible scratches on the screen areas, I took a tip from my Pocket PC book - apply screen protectors! I just took some older writeshields and cut them to the screen size. No real loss in clarity but piece of mind if something bumps the screen or if I'm wiping off the face grease with my shirt.

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by fishfuzz
    I have a couple scratches on the back (someone else was fiddling with it and fumbled - grrr).

In order to avoid possible scratches on the screen areas, I took a tip from my Pocket PC book - apply screen protectors! I just took some older writeshields and cut them to the screen size. No real loss in clarity but piece of mind if something bumps the screen or if I'm wiping off the face grease with my shirt.
    thats a good idea. i use one on my notebook trackpad because after awhile the oils transfered from my hand make it slick and harder to use.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have noticed those tiny scratches but I don't think its that big of a deal, the v600 actually gets a crack but I hope that won't happen.
    Originally posted by BoOMOnE
    i've got over 3000 posts and i'm still an idiot

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Andyw2100
    I don't have the phone yet, so I'm having a little trouble visualizing exactly what you guys are seeing. That being said, would the case that Verizon is going to sell likely prevent the problem? I expect this case will have clear sections that protect both the keys and the screen. There's a picture of it in the Verizon launch PDF file.

Thanks.
    Andy W.
    Well, there seems to be two problems. One at the hinge where it meets the rubber section and the main screen itself.

There is two "clear" sections on the bottom of the phone to protect the main screen but my gripe is that the actual main screen isn't completely flush with the upper half of the shell. Therefore, the dreaded main screen scratches. It's minor and barely visible even if the main screen goes off/black but it's still there.

Device(s)
    RAZR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I am glad I am not the only one. I noticed this today for the first time and thought wtf I have treated this phone like a baby how could it be scratched. well crooked camera and now scratched case. Can't wait until Friday when I get my replacement.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    having used a pre-release V710 for about 4 months now, I can confirm that the rubber piece that touches the upper black part of phone (just above camera lens) does create small scratches... but a least not cracks like on the V600.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast