Now:
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon wireless
    Feedback Score

Re: Updated 08/10

Originally posted by Laserhawk
    ***Transflash

**Where to Buy?

You can currently purchase it at Amazon, buy.com, and Radio Shack. Usually buy.com or Amazon is the cheapest. A discussion is HERE

*How to get MP3 ringtones onto the V710 via a TransFlash card HERE

*Transflash user guide HERE Thanks to Bigcalidave for the guide!

***Bluetooth

**Headsets:

*"Phone Doesn’t Ring When Headset is on" This is in design of the phone more info Here

*Discussion on what is the best Bluetooth headset HERE

*Comparison Photos and review Motorola HS-810 & HS-820 Bluetooth headsets HERE from rEVOLVE @ V710.org

*What Bluetooth adapters work with the V710 (more than likely all the Bluetooth adapters will work if they have a serial profile. If you run into one pleas pm me and I will add it to the list

- IPAQ Pocket PC’s
    - Linksys USBBT100
    - IOGear GBU201 USB Bluetooth
    - Logitech Bluetooth hub (Desktop MX for Bluetooth)
    - Palm T3

**Data Connectivity:

*How to connect iPAQ to V710 for 1xRTT internet access HERE and HERE

*How to pair your Palm Tungsten T3 (or any other Bluetooth enabled Palm) to the V710 via Bluetooth to get a 1xRTT internet connection look HERE

*How to pair your Bluetooth enabled Sony Clie to the V710 via Bluetooth to get a 1xRTT internet connection look HERE

*How to get free WAP (i.e. free replacement for Verizon's Mobile Web) on the V710 can be found HERE

***Speakerphone

**Currently you cannot use the speakerphone if you have the phone closed. Discussed HERE

***Display

**Wallpaper:

*Good Place to look for wallpaper HERE Update!!! They just closed this thread because people abused the rules. HERE is the new one.

**Getting Scratches on phone

*Display itself discussed HERE

*Outside the phone: I Pulled this from the Motorola forum which should be able to use for V710 HERE

***User Interface/Phone OS

**Phonebook:

*To change so you don’t see the persons name for each phone book entry look HERE

*How to use the built in voice commands on the V710 HERE

*”What is the Master Reset/Clear Function?”

How to get there: Menu, 7,5 - scroll up once for Master Clear, twice for Master Reset

Master Clear: Changes all non-standard user settings to standard plus clears all memory locations and the Resettable Call Timer.

Master Reset: Same as Master Clear, but it does not clear all memory locations and Call Timers.

* Current Firmware is (8700_01.30.8F) there is talk of Motorola releasing a new version in Sept

***Accessories

**Phone tools:

*Phone Tools and Bluetooth:

As of right now there is a problem with getting phone tools to see the phone with Bluetooth. According to a post it should be fixed in a later release. You can discuss it HERE

*Phone tools and Futuredial cable:

Jef modified this in a zip file and has basic instructions in the file. Syncs Outlook for Calendar and contacts. Here is a step by step guide he also created. Thanks Jef!!!

============================================
    Step by Step Guide for using MPT 2.x with the Future Dial USB cable
    ============================================

1. Go to www.futuredial.com and get the USB Drivers for the the Cable.
    2. After installing the dr plug in the USB cable
    3. Go to Device manager and find the PORT where the Prolific USB Serial Adapter is on
    ----------------
    4. Now open up MPT (It will fail to initialize)
    5. Go to Setup and Communications options
    6. Change modems, and have it detect a new modem.
    7. Cancel, and wait a minute or 2.
    8. It will now ask you which COM port your phone is on, so select the COM port from part 3 above.
    9. Check the box telling it not to detect and that you want to select your own.
    10. Choose the V810.
    11. Close MPT.
    ------------------------
    12. Download the CTX file I created earlier in this FAQ topic.
    13. Go to C:\Documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\BVRP Software\Mobile Phone Tools in Explorer
    14. Replace the CTX (I think it will be FAX011.CTX) with the CTX file from the ZIP from this forum
    -------------------------
    15. Plug Phone into USB cable
    16. Run MPT tools
    ---------------------
    17. Synch Away! It should be working now after a few minutes.

Note that it helps to reboot the phone (power off then on) right before Step 15 sometimes.

You can go to the MPT View - Modem Exchange to see the Data being passed on the COM port. If you see a lot of OK's you are set. If you see it waiting, then follow the steps here and try again.

(This guide is done from Memory, and I've done it on a few different PCs, so I think it’s correct. If it's wrong please PM me, and I'll update it)

*Desktop Charger:

Does it work? Discussed HERE

***Camera

**My pictures have lines going through them. Is the phone defective?”

Right now when ever you take a picture inside it will look terrible. If you take them outside they look outstanding. Also make sure you change the default setting to the highest setting if you are looking on getting better pictures.

*Some examplesHERE.

***Other

**Email/Instant Messaging

*”How do you get email access on your phone?”

The only way right now is using the Get IT Now App called sodapop.

*How do you get MSN/AOL/YAHOO messenger on my phone”

As of right now you can not. When Verizon launches the phone they should be added but not for sure. It is discussed HERE

*How to send MP3 ringtones to the V710 via email (i.e. via picture/video messaging)

HERE and HERE There might be some better posts or better threads on this but I couldn't find them. If someone can give a link, that would be great.

*MP3 to MIDI Converter:

Daveyp225 has written a program to easily change mp3 to MIDI. This makes it able to transfer to the phone if you don’t have a transflash card. You can find the file and discussion HERE

**Bugs

*Discussion HERE

Could you also add how to update the flash, seems of the phone especially the outer isplay?

01000110 01010101 01000011 01001011 00100000 01010110 01000101 01010010 01001001 01011010 01001111 01001110 00100000 01000010 01001111 01011001 01000011 01001111 01010100 01010100 00100000 01000111 01001001 01001110 00100001

Device(s)
    Now:
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    Sry for the above post I wanted to erase it. The bold is what I wanted to ask

Befor I ask all my questions I just want to say that im a noob at all this stuff but here is a list of stuff I have and that I would like to do.

I have a folder on my desktop with all the stuff from http://vzw.inetron.com/ saved in it (just in case they take down the downloads)

1. I would like to know if I can take custom flashes and put them on my phone and if needed I can revert them.

2. What are seems and shx's and how do you use them and what they are for

3. What methods work with what software to load rings,pics,movies.? Ex. Cable - MPT - Rings Pics Movies

I have all of the programs on the site but Im not sure which ones I need to do certain things.

I would like one program to be able to send pics,rings,vids through the data cable, I think its Motorola Product Tools but please confirm.

Also I would like to know how to change the outer screen, i think its using seems but I dont know how to install them and which program to use.

And if there is any time a firmware that someone made that allows obex or somthing else how do I install it, which program and file type would I use?
    Last edited by Mattjr42; 12-18-2004 at 11:50 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've searched for the answer, but could not find it.
    How do I get rid of those annoying ×××, memory sucking pre-installed animations? When I got to the photo section, I can delete ANY pic I take, but not those ×××× animations...VERIZON strikes again.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 , Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless / U.S.Cellular
    Feedback Score

Question v710

i have service with uscc.i see that you have radio head set for the v710 i did not know that it has a radio builded in.

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Is there a way to send pictures to some other server as alternate to vzwpix? I thought I read this somewhere, but I can't seem to find it in my searches.

Carl

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score

Question about transferring phonebook, and correct data cable

I've read numerous forums, and am not clear about these particular questions that I have. I apologize in advance if these questions are already answered, I just cannot seem to find them....

1) I used to have a lg vx6000, and I have my phonebook backed up to my computer by the use of bitpim. How do I transfer that bitpim phonebook file to my new 710? (the bitpim file is called index.idx)

2) What is the proper data cable to get for this phone (if I really need one, I plan to get a transflash card with a reader too)? Is this one okay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Thanks in advance for any help with this

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    http://motov710.blogspot.com/#110316391858473412

Originally posted by fone sex
    I've searched for the answer, but could not find it.
    How do I get rid of those annoying ×××, memory sucking pre-installed animations? When I got to the photo section, I can delete ANY pic I take, but not those ×××× animations...VERIZON strikes again.

Device(s)
    Motorola DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless :)
    Feedback Score
    Why do I get an error when trying to load PST 7.11 on my computer? It says it's compatible with newer Service Packs. I have SP2. Is it not compatible, or is it just fine, just keep on going?
    Answer a man's already answered question - satisfy him for only a thread.
    Teach a man to search a board - he'll teach himself to learn for a lifetime.

Device(s)
    Motorola V710 w/ 40.0R & 041a seem edit
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by TeknoRaver
    Why do I get an error when trying to load PST 7.11 on my computer? It says it's compatible with newer Service Packs. I have SP2. Is it not compatible, or is it just fine, just keep on going?
    you should just be able to hit okay... it is installing fine, if i remember my numerous installs of this
    <If it aint verizon... It aint bad>

S/W - 8720_01.1E.00

Device(s)
    Iphone
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    ok so im gettin my moto v710 in about 2 days just ordered it, and ive been reading all these threads or w/e and everyone is saying "i just FLASH my phone" and it dont work after......first off...what is flashing your phone??? im an idiot wen it comes to phones and all the techincal things bout it for like the first hour i read about the flash thing i thought it meant the flash for the camera haha so could u just help me out thanks

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    i just need to know where to get the drivers that work with my phone so that i can use all thses nice programs i have to modify my phone, but nothing seams to work

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    I have mobile phone tools, I have pst, I have p2k, and I have qpst, and I have an oem usb data cable. running win xp with sp2

please help
    Last edited by FPRESLEY10; 01-17-2005 at 12:03 AM.

Device(s)
    Motorola V710 w/ 40.0R & 041a seem edit
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by FPRESLEY10
    I have mobile phone tools, I have pst, I have p2k, and I have qpst, and I have an oem usb data cable. running win xp with sp2

please help
    try reading this: v710 and cable usages

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Jef
    ======================
    Step by Step Guide for using MPT 2.x with the Future Dial USB cable
    ======================

1. Go to www.futuredial.com and get the USB Drivers for the the Cable.
    2. After installing the dr plug in the USB cable
    3. Go to Device manager and find the PORT where the Prolific USB Serial Adapter is on
    ----------------
    4. Now open up MPT (It will fail to initialize)
    5. Go to Setup and Communications options
    6. Change modems, and have it detect a new modem.
    7. Cancel, and wait a minute or 2.
    8. It will now ask you which COM port your phone is on, so select the COM port from part 3 above.
    9. Check the box telling it not to detect and that you want to select your own.
    10. Choose the V810.
    11. Close MPT.
    ------------------------
    12. Download the CTX file I created earlier in this FAQ topic.
    13. Go to C:\Documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\BVRP Software\Mobile Phone Tools in Explorer
    14. Replace the CTX (I think it will be FAX011.CTX) with the CTX file from the ZIP from this forum
    -------------------------
    15. Plug Phone into USB cable
    16. Run MPT tools
    ---------------------
    17. Synch Away! It should be working now after a few minutes.

Note that it helps to reboot the phone (power off then on) right before Step 15 sometimes.

you Can go to the MPT View - Modem Exchange to see the Data being passed on the COM port. If you see alot of OK's you are set. If you see it waiting, then follwo the steps here and try again.

(This guide is done from Memory, and I've done it on a few different PCs, so I think It's correct. If it's wrong please PM me, and I'll update it)

J
    I can do everything in that list, except when I get to step two. I have downloaded the drivers, but cannot figure out how to install them. Maybe I'm just dumb?

Device(s)
    Iphone
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    one quick question, is there any where that i could order a faceplate for the motorola v710....i want to get a football design faceplate, i cant find it any where ive seen baseball theme ones but does anyone kno where i could get a customized football themed face plate for that phone? or if any one on here does custom faceplates, tell me thanks

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast