Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL V710 FAQ

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score

getting there

OK, I'M STARTING TO MAKE SOME HEADWAY BUT I'M STILL RUNNING INTO SOME PROBLEMS.

WHEN I'M IN PST 7.1.1 AND TRY TO PUT MY PHONE IN FLASH MODE, I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE "CHIPSET TYPE 15 NOT SUPPORTED"

WHEN I TRY TO DOWNLOAD THE SEEM IN P2K I GET
    "CMD: DATA READ FAIL"
    "USB: IO TIMEOUT! "
    "CMD: DATA READ FAIL"

ALSO IN BITPIM, WHEN I TRY TO OPEN CERTAIN FILES I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE STATING THAT BITPIM IS DENIED ACCESS.

ANY IDEAS?
    Last edited by FPRESLEY10; 01-20-2005 at 06:47 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by sid pearlman
    710 programing code
    Menu + 0 + 73887 + *
    (Credit J. Zdziarski)

The author claims to have changed the earpiece volume. Lots of detailed secret program code info and more.
    Speakerphone with Flip Closed hack.

Be careful changing any settings!

Nuclear Elephant: Motorola v710 Info + Rant Page
    http://www.nuclearelephant.com/papers/v710.html

-
    Sid
    Does anybody know if this works? I'd like to make the earpiece volume higher.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Is it possible when you you do this key code and enable test mode for the phone to get locked into test mode. I dont want to do it and have it stuck in test mode but I imagine thats where the changes could be made.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Why dont you add NineToez excellent guide to making ringtones? It seems as if many people are looking to get free ringtones here is the link if you want to add it to the FAQ. http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...5&pagenumber=1

Device(s)
    LG VX8300
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Thanks everybody!
    Last edited by asianrice32; 02-21-2005 at 03:41 PM.
    hello moto.

Device(s)
    V3 Razr
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I did the volume hack and it does work, now if I can get free WAP to work.

Feedback Score
    I just got my v710 today from vzw.com, and it had 3 dot-stickers (red, yellow, and blue) - what does this mean?

Device(s)
    Motorola V710 w/ 40.0R & 041a seem edit
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

my gift to the people that helped so much

google just keeps giving me invites to gmail, and i have no clue what to do with them. so guess what...... because you guys help me so much in this thread.... i'd like to offer them to you.... all you have to do is PM me
    <If it aint verizon... It aint bad>

S/W - 8720_01.1E.00

Feedback Score
    helo.. CaN SOmeBodY Adopt me And TeaCh ME about V710
    triCks.. I feEl so SiLLy when I dont understand something...

WiLL somebody Help me please....

my AIM is nofaith41..

thank u all

Feedback Score

how to hack wap

Is there a way to hack wap on the V710? If someone can just post a link to the "how to" file that would be great

thanks

Device(s)
    Motorola v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have tried to get the v710 working with my verizon account and can't seem to get it to work. I have a T3 - I am trying to figure out where I am going wrong. First, I can I ensure that I am pairing correctly? The instructions start with ... "after the devices are paired". I can't get the v710 to discover the T3 at all. Bluetooth is on and works with other devices. Also, the phone discovers my wireless headset. Any ideas?
    JWE

Feedback Score
    how do you hack WAP on the V710????????

Device(s)
    Motorola v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I posted earlier asking about use of T3 and v710. I think I probably asked the wrong question - I can get my phone to be the conduit for a web page on the Palm. I am trying to use the palm as a dialer and need the initialization string or some other hack that might work. I have read through many of the posts and found that other were asking for the same thing - some of these posts are old and so I thought I would ask one more time - anyone able to use the phone and T3 to make voice calls?

Next questions - my v710 is not 5 hours old. I am thinking about just taking it back and looking at the Tre 650 that is coming to stores at the end of this week. Does anyone have a Treo 600 - what do you think?

My partners have AT&T and the voice dialing from the Tungsten is great - same with Sprint. Does anyone know if Verizon intends to take this need a little more seriously. I have been patiently waiting now for a while and perhaps the best decision is just change networks.

Thoughts?

Device(s)
    Moto V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Howabout editing your original post with the updated information, so people don't have to search to find the most up-to-date information.

CJ

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by srbjwe
    I posted earlier asking about use of T3 and v710. I think I probably asked the wrong question - I can get my phone to be the conduit for a web page on the Palm. I am trying to use the palm as a dialer and need the initialization string or some other hack that might work. I have read through many of the posts and found that other were asking for the same thing - some of these posts are old and so I thought I would ask one more time - anyone able to use the phone and T3 to make voice calls?

Next questions - my v710 is not 5 hours old. I am thinking about just taking it back and looking at the Tre 650 that is coming to stores at the end of this week. Does anyone have a Treo 600 - what do you think?

My partners have AT&T and the voice dialing from the Tungsten is great - same with Sprint. Does anyone know if Verizon intends to take this need a little more seriously. I have been patiently waiting now for a while and perhaps the best decision is just change networks.

Thoughts?
    Copied from elsewhere on this site:

Directions for phone dialing with a Palm T3 or CLIE
    It was recommended I start a new thread with directions on configuring the T3 to pass phone numbers to the v710. CLIE directions to follow.

You can read the prequel thread to this one here: http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...threadid=484997

One thing I discovered since the original posting is that the flip of the v710 must be open for it to correctly accept a phone number. Just so you know.

Ok, this took several hours for me to figure out. For those of you familiar with this stuff, there is probably a better way. But I now have this working consistently and am quite excited b/c I've wanted to do this since I got my phone.

One thing to keep in mind. If you have already set your palm up for data connection, it will be easy to confuse that custom connection with what you are about to do. It might be easier to delete it and add it later.

Lets begin...

1. Ok, you must have SuperDave's flash installed. See threads in the forum for additional information.

2. (This step may not be necessary. If you skip it and have success, let me know and I'll remove this step from the procedure). d/l the Phonelink update files from PalmOne here:
    http://www.palmone.com/us/support/d...html#installwin

Install the MoHiSp1Lib.prc, NMSCPT.prc, PhoneLink.prc, PhoneLink_enUS.prc, PMHDB.pdb, PMNDB.pdb, UPDD.prc
    to your palm. Reboot your palm.

3. Click on the "B" bluetooth symbol on the menu bar and go to "PREFS" then to "TRUSTED DEVICES" identify the BT connection which is your v710, we will need to know this for later. (everyone's name will be different, I named the connection "Motorola Phone").

4. Go to your "Phone Link" program click "NEXT"
    Manufacturer: Motorola
    Model: TP280i
    click "NEXT" (these settings don't matter, we will change them later)

Via: Bluetooth
    click "NEXT"

It will search for BT devices. Select your v710 phone which we identified in step 3 above. click "NEXT" click "NEXT" again.

Now it will want to pair your palm and v710. Get your phone. Say "YES" to bonding. Enter a passkey (123) then enter the same passkey on your palm. It will verify.

"YES" you want this to be your default connection. click "DONE"

NO, YOU DON'T want to setup internet and e-mail at this time, THANK YOU! click "NO"

Click on your "HOME" button on the menu bar. Then, go to Preferences->Connection

You should see your the name of your phone which we identified in step 3 above. Click "EDIT" and match the following settings.

Connect to: PHONE
    Via: BLUETOOTH
    Device: Motorola Phone (or whatever you named your phone connection)
    Model: STANDARD GSM <-BE SURE TO CHANGE TO THIS ENTRY!

Click "DETAILS"
    Change speed to 115,200
    Delete everything in the init string.
    Put the following in the Init String: +MODE=2
    Select "OK"
    Select "OK" again
    Select "DONE"

THAT WAS FUN!
    Lets see if it works...
    Open the flip of the v710

Go to the dialer program.
    Dialer a phone number, preferably one where you can verify if the phone rings

Call and bother people.

Peace.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast