Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL V710 FAQ

Device(s)
    iPhone 3g black 16gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    are there any new updates to the design of the v710 in regards to the keypad scratching the inside screen?

Device(s)
    Motorola v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for the very helpful information. I was able to get voice dialing working between my Palm T3 and v710. The v710 doesn't like more than one BT concurrently, so I wasn't able to have my BT headset on while dialing. However, I can turn it on once the Palm disconnects. I would rather go back to a mini-jack headset and have the dialing from my palm than give up the dialing.

I don't know what "Dave's SuperFlash" is all about and I wasn't able to find it on the site - I know, this is completely the result of ignorance and pilot error on my part. I thought I would mention that I didn't need it to get the phone connecting. This may be a result of having a newer phone with more recent ROM updates (like today at the verizon store).

Thanks again for the great info - I now can both dial the phone from the Palm and use the phone for data network connections. If the v710 could just support multiple BT connections ... I guess that will come in another lifetime!

John Edwards
    JWE

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by srbjwe Thanks again for the great info - I now can both dial the phone from the Palm and use the phone for data network connections. If the v710 could just support multiple BT connections ... I guess that will come in another lifetime!

John Edwards [/B]
    You are welcome.

I didn't need the sd flash, either, because I am using an Alltel phone that doesn't have all the Verizon BT crippling.

I will trade you favors---

I would appreciate it if you could post or direct me to step-by-step directions on using the V710 as a conduit for web-surfing on the Palm T3. I have tried a few different methods that haven't worked.

Device(s)
    Motorola v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Using the v710 as a data network gateway

Certainly ...

I used the information that was on this site. It took me a while to make it work and I am not sure it is the best way to get the job done but here goes ...

I created a network connection on my Palm T3 by going to Prefs and clicking on network and then "new". I called the new network connection "verizon" (name doesn't matter).

I set the parameters as was given in an earlier post within this forum:

username = [email protected], where xxxxxxxxxx = your phone number.

The password is set to vzw my connection was set to BT to Universal and the phone number was #777. I downloaded the phonelink update from the Palmone site to get the latest drives and profiles. The v710 didn't have a profile and so I just used the universal one.

I went to handandgo and downloaded an application to my palm called "QuickIM". This lets me IM my 15 yr old daughter via MSN/hotmail. I use this a lot while waiting for my plane to fly out of town ...

I have a Verizon unlimited data connection via the Verizon 3g network from my laptop, so I don't actually use the data connection via my palm all that often. It is mostly for very quick queries, IM and the like. I was much more stoked about getting the dial via BT to work correctly.

The phone doesn't need to be open, like for voice dialing. However, I learned the hard way that no other BT device can be communicating with the phone. I had my headset on for a while and couldn't figure out why my palm wouldn't communicate via the phone. As soon as I turned the headset off the connection worked well.

Side note - I called the support line for my 3g Aircard and asked if I could use the user name for the 3g aircard to avoid using up my minute plan. I have unlimited minutes on the 3g network. The answer was no - however, the tech that I talked to was very open and had the very same environment I had and was just as frustrated about Verizon crippling the BT. He told me that the next release of the firmware was going to take the crippling elements away -- let's hope.

I hope this helps.

John

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I appreciate you posting all that, regarding 3G connection for data. However, I am on Alltel, not VZW. Does anyone on Alltel know how Alltel's connection would be different (what the passwords, etc. should be)?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Many people still seem to have questions about how to do seem edits...

All the popular sites with info (nuclearelephant.com, inetron.com, motov710.blogspot.com, etc) were written a while back using the "stock" p2kseem which requires binary/hex conversions, using a hex editor, etc... really complicated...

Since then "P2KSeem for V710" was released that made it easy... No more hex editing, no more hex/binary conversion, etc... So I put together a "how to" when using P2KSeem for V710 with pictures HERE if you want to do your own seem edits. (inetron.com has P2K Seem for V710 in their download section after you register)

I've also put info there on MPT with BT or USB, ringers and graphics.

All info provided there is stuff I have learned with the help of these forums, this FAQ thread, http://motov710.blogspot.com/ , http://www.nuclearelephant.com/papers/v710info.html , and http://www.inetron.com/ as well as working on my own.

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hey all.. Is there any way to change the phone book so that the 2nd and third numbers for the same person doesnt shw up three times.... I dunno if I explained this right...... here is what I mean
    Right now I have

Andrew [H]
    Andrew [M]
    Andrew [W]
    I'd like to set it up so that it does this

Andrew <H> then I can scroll thru and change the [H] [W] [C]
    get it??

Hope you all can help..thanks..

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PSilva10
    Hey all.. Is there any way to change the phone book so that the 2nd and third numbers for the same person doesnt shw up three times......
    On the phone, go into your contacts list. Press the (middle) MENU key. From the list, select SETUP.. Change VIEW to Primary Contacts. Press DONE.

WHen you come back to your phone list, only the number designated as teh "primary" will be listed. So you will see only 1 listing for each person. To select between H, W, M, etc... highlight the name and use the Right/Left on the "round" 4Way selector thing (sorry dont know its real name).

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    Many people still seem to have questions about how to do seem edits...

All the popular sites with info (nuclearelephant.com, inetron.com, motov710.blogspot.com, etc) were written a while back using the "stock" p2kseem which requires binary/hex conversions, using a hex editor, etc... really complicated...

Since then "P2KSeem for V710" was released that made it easy... No more hex editing, no more hex/binary conversion, etc... So I put together a "how to" when using P2KSeem for V710 with pictures HERE if you want to do your own seem edits. (inetron.com has P2K Seem for V710 in their download section after you register)

I've also put info there on MPT with BT or USB, ringers and graphics.

All info provided there is stuff I have learned with the help of these forums, this FAQ thread, http://motov710.blogspot.com/ , http://www.nuclearelephant.com/papers/v710info.html , and http://www.inetron.com/ as well as working on my own.

So basically, when doing seem edits you only mess with the box that says "bit 0" and a checkmark means 1, no checkmark means 0?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drFUNK
    So basically, when doing seem edits you only mess with the box that says "bit 0" and a checkmark means 1, no checkmark means 0?
    well, yeah, if you want to turn "bit 0" for that offset to ON or set=1, you put a check in the box. To set=0 or OFF, you clear the check mark from the box.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Nice, I can't wait to get my data cable!

Device(s)
    Motorola QA30
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    On the phone, go into your contacts list. Press the (middle) MENU key. From the list, select SETUP.. Change VIEW to Primary Contacts. Press DONE.

WHen you come back to your phone list, only the number designated as teh "primary" will be listed. So you will see only 1 listing for each person. To select between H, W, M, etc... highlight the name and use the Right/Left on the "round" 4Way selector thing (sorry dont know its real name).
    Nice. I stink I fergott yew kood dew dat! (I was thinking of some smartass response like "get a startac 7868w"

back to

I sleep with my phone under my pillow...

Carrier(s)
    Pageplus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drFUNK
    Nice, I can't wait to get my data cable!
    is there a specific data cable that works/ebay seller?
    I guess its the USB w/charger, but am not sure where to get the 'right' one

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    Buy the OEM brand. It costs alittle more, but works the best.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by immenotu
    is there a specific data cable that works/ebay seller?
    I guess its the USB w/charger, but am not sure where to get the 'right' one
    Once the seem edits are done, you can take full advantage of MPT with just about ANY cable.

However, while almost any cable will work with MPT, not all cables work for seem edits. People have purchased "OEM" cables from ebay, or various web sites. Many of the cables work, however, some do not.

Easiest/safest way... go to Verizon's web site, look at the accessories for the Motorola V710. At the very bottom of the page under "Other" you will see Mobile Phone Tools for $39.99. Order that. It comes with the Moto USB Data cable that has a port to plug the travel charger in (so phone gets power/charge while connected) and a Legal copy of MPT. Corporate customers might be able to purchase cheaper. Not sure if they have it for purchase in the verizon stores.

Moto wants $59.99 on their web site for the same package.

Btw, other places also sell the same bundle of MPT/Moto USB cable, and you might be able to get it cheaper. But beware, some repackage MPT with an after market or "OEM" cable.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast