Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL V710 FAQ

Device(s)
    Moto v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'm having problems with MM using the usb cable (I'm using the one that also charges the phone when connected).
    I replaced the seem from inetron, the file is called good.zip. The seem file is 041a_Latest_SD_Good.seem).
    I've tried MPT versions 3.11, 3.23 deluxe, 3.25 ... now I have 3.20f installed and I still don't have the MM menu.
    When I go to Menu >> Setup >> Modem Exchange ... in Mobile Parameters it says RingerManage: NO

Now why would it say ringer manage NO if I'm using dave's edited seem.

Help would be really appreciated.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oleg37
    ...I've tried MPT versions 3.11, 3.23 deluxe, 3.25 ... now I have 3.20f installed and I still don't have the MM menu...
    So you have no multimedia studio icon in mpt?

take a look at my MPT via Cable page. Especially at the bottom half.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    Moto v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Works perfectly.
    Thanks a lot Mark!

Feedback Score

FAQ on replacing case?

Is there an FAQ on replacing the case? My wife bought a "pretty" case for her V710 and I am trying to take the case apart around the screen. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    hey i got the v710 and i also have the data cable and i was wondering how do i put music and ringtones on the phone and what software i need to do that?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Deejayskipp
    hey i got the v710 and i also have the data cable and i was wondering how do i put music and ringtones on the phone and what software i need to do that?
    See the link in my signature...

Oh wait... board now only displays signature on first post in a thread.. so...

new home is -> http://v710.org/mark

Device(s)
    BB Curve 8300
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    quetions about the v710

what is the futuredial cable everyone is talking about?
    and where can i buy a memory card cheap for my v710?

also if the camera lens gets all scratched up how do u go about replacing it????

can you?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AeR0
    what is the futuredial cable everyone is talking about?
    its a USB data cable sold mostly at radio shack... It does not work if you want to do seem edits so stay away from it!!!

and where can i buy a memory card cheap for my v710?
    Many places sell Transflash or Micro-SD cards (NOT MINI-SD!!!)... Circuit City and Best Buy sell 128 and 256 meg ones, Online you can find 128 and 256 in stock... Some places have 512meg ones but they are usually out of stock. Not sure who has them the cheapest.

also if the camera lens gets all scratched up how do u go about replacing it????

can you?
    Not sure about this. I haven't seen anything for replacement parts for it.

Feedback Score
    online is your best bet for memory card cheap, unless you want it in a hurry, then best buy is where i found mine the cheapest, but if you wanna save 5-10 bucks, online is where its at, for pretty much anything you wanna buy, only problem is sometimes you have to wait for a couple days, depending on the site.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid A855
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Using TF w/ SD... without a reader

[QUOTE=Jef]There really isn't much from the Transflash point of view of things.
    For using it on the PC

1. Remove from Phone
    2. Place in SD adapter
    3. Go to Drive that is the SD adapter on your system and open the contents
    4. You can create it just like any other drive for copying folders and data too.

... 5. If you don't have an SD reader, but do have a digital camera -- you should be able to use your camera as a drive for the SD adaptor, which will read the TF card.

I hope this adds a little extra assistance, without additional expense.

Feedback Score
    It doesnt appear as though to many people frequent this forum any more, but i got a couple of quick questions if anyone knows how to do it.

I want to make my voicemail notification sound play every 30 seconds, instead of the default 1 time after you get it, which is pretty much worthless in my opinion. and also change the sound of missed calls to something other than the default beep, which is lame, but the missed calls thing isnt as important to me as the voicemail thing.

from what ive read it seems that no amount of seem editing, or diferent firmware is able to get the bluetooth file transfering capability restored, is this true, or does someone know something i dont. also i still have a problem with the screen saver not working, any fix for that?

thanks.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sultangris
    It doesnt appear as though to many people frequent this forum any more, but i got a couple of quick questions if anyone knows how to do it.

I want to make my voicemail notification sound play every 30 seconds, instead of the default 1 time after you get it, which is pretty much worthless in my opinion. and also change the sound of missed calls to something other than the default beep, which is lame, but the missed calls thing isnt as important to me as the voicemail thing.
    No way to do either that I know of...

Quote Originally Posted by sultangris
    from what ive read it seems that no amount of seem editing, or diferent firmware is able to get the bluetooth file transfering capability restored, is this true, or does someone know something i dont. also i still have a problem with the screen saver not working, any fix for that?
    There is no way to elminate needing MPT to transfer files to/from the phone via EITHER USB CABLE or BLUETOOTH...

And there never will as the V710 was not released with OBEX...

You can still use MPT via Bluetooth (after seem edit) to transfer files... but that is not OBEX...

Feedback Score
    ok, thanks, thats what i thought about the obex thing, but i would think the other two should be able to be edited through a seem edit or such, but i dont have the knowledge of where to start changing stuff, and im not about to try it blindly just figgured someone else wouldve figgured it out by now.

Device(s)
    LG Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    what is the bluetooth password?? or how do you uncrippled it?

what has verizon cripplied in this fone i just got one.

and how do you master reset/clear? i have passwords on my phone that were set by my uncle which he doesnt remeber
    Last edited by EvilEyez604; 12-30-2005 at 12:40 AM.
    EvilEyez
    MySpace

Device(s)
    Motorola v710
    Carrier(s)
    Page-Plus
    Feedback Score
    does ne1 know the default security passwords, i forgot mine

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast