Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: OFFICIAL V710 FAQ

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAE126
    does ne1 know the default security passwords, i forgot mine
    For 4 digit password, try 0000, 1234, or your last 4 of phonenumber

Device(s)
    Motorola v710
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Hey everybody, I looked throughout these threads trying to find the answer to my question. My question is this I have a BT adapter and I Have MPT but neither of them work together so how do I go about getting them to work together? Like transferring ringtones via bluetooth. I've tried everything that I can think of. Anybody have any suggestions please let me know Thank you for your hard work

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    default bluetooth password is 0000

default security code is 123456

Device(s)
    Razr V3
    Carrier(s)
    TIM
    Feedback Score

Unhappy Lp0003

Hi there! I'm new at this forum, but I'm always reading about, not only CDMA but speacilly at GSM forums.

Anyway, yesterday I just update my cell phone with 8700_02.03.00R Verizon firmware. Everything is fine until now, except the lang pack. I need a LP0003, besides the LP0018 it's present at the pack.

Anyone maybe have this, or have a way to extract from any upgrade available?

Please, I'm begging! I really need this LP.

Thanks indeed!
    Marcos.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Motosage22
    Hey everybody, I looked throughout these threads trying to find the answer to my question. My question is this I have a BT adapter and I Have MPT but neither of them work together so how do I go about getting them to work together? Like transferring ringtones via bluetooth. I've tried everything that I can think of. Anybody have any suggestions please let me know Thank you for your hard work
    Your profile says Alltel V710... hope that is current...

Last I read, Alltel did NOT lock their phones like Verizon does. So you should not need to seem edit (aka hack!) your phone to get it all working.

MPT is pickey as to which BT driver is works with... It LOVES Widcomm (gives you My Bluetooth Places icons), but is not wild about Bluesoliel, Toshiba, and Microsoft's BASIC BT support native to WinXP SP2.

Even when using Widcomm, you must let MPT initiate the BT Pairing process.... Pairing the PC and phone outside install/setup of MPT results in headaches...

Vist my pages (link in my sig), when you get there use the navigation list on the left... CLick on MPT. Follow the instructions. If it doesn't work, post a more detailed description of what doesn't work, where, what messages you get, etc.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    Motorola v120c (Don't Laugh)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

v710 Does Not "See" Pictures or Ringtones Loaded into It

Hi Everyone,
    I gots me a problem. I have read about a thousand posts trying to find the answer, searched everywhere. Still if someone already posted this issue I apologise. I followed Marks extremely well written directions about how to hook up the v710 (Verizon Weasels) using a cable. Did the SuperDaveGood Seem edit. Blanked out Vermin Weasels' banners from inside and outside screens. Enabled Roam Guard. Went back and checked each thing. Backed up Original seem and loaded the SuperDave etc. seem using PST with P2K Seem. Fine so far. Now I'm using BitPim "Filesystem" part to load mp3s (Austin Powers: 18 sec, 48kbps, 44khz, Mpeg1 Layer 3) and wallpaper (Honda Logo: 176 x 220 pixels) to appropriate Moto/Shared/Audio and Moto/Shared/Picture folder locations. Deleted Mytones.db and Tmptns.db index files. Unhooked cable, powered off phone, took battery out for 3 minutes, put it back in. Turned it back on--> No Austin Powers, No Honda Logo. Tried this like 5 times. Was able to download "blue planet" and "customer opening" gifs to my computer (windows 2000 sp4). Was able to download 4 pictures I took with the weak camera. Was able to download and play/view the Austin powers and Honda items From the phone. Was able to verify in Pictures within the phone that the amount of storage space on the phone Had in fact been diminished by the amount of space taken up by those two items. So they Are in there but Vermin Weasels wonderful new S/W Version 8700_02.03.00R seems to be keeping the phone from recognizing them for what they are. Anyone have any ideas of what I should do now? This is a brand new phone I just bought for 150 off ebay. Other than this it works great. Thanks in advance to any and all people with advice. I'm listening. . . .
    "Can You hear Me Now?"

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Use a known good ringtone from Mark's ringtone page. Does that work?
    You are putting them on the phone? Do you have a TF card? And if you have a TF card, from your phone's menu you are looking for them on the phone and not the TF card.

2.03.00R has been out for a year, btw. Also, you shouldn't have to delete the Mytones.db to use an mp3 as a ringtone - I've never once delted mine.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    If there is a way to change the keypad to the E815's, it'd be perfect for my needs. The #2,5,8 and 0 are a little hard to press right.

BTW, does the Alltel V710 has OBEX like the E815?
    Last edited by Donkey; 07-26-2006 at 10:59 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey
    If there is a way to change the keypad to the E815's, it'd be perfect for my needs. The #2,5,8 and 0 are a little hard to press right.

BTW, does the Alltel V710 has OBEX like the E815?
    I was going to point you here, but I see they don't have the E815 keypad.
    http://cnn.cn/shop/motorola-e815-c-22_108.html
    I like the keys on the E815 a lot better too - particularily the 4-way D-pad

And there is no known V710 with OBEX. Other than absessler's, of course:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=485087

EDIT: and in case you've never seen this:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~teknogroover/v710face.html
    It has some pics for taking apart a V710 ... more or less

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Thanks humpa, I changed the beatup face of my V710 with a well carbon fiber 'look' with that instruction. I just wish the keypad could be changed. Oh well, I guess I keep it as a backup in case my E815 is 'sick'.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slycat_7
    Now I'm using BitPim "Filesystem" part to load mp3s (Austin Powers: 18 sec, 48kbps, 44khz, Mpeg1 Layer 3) and wallpaper (Honda Logo: 176 x 220 pixels) to appropriate Moto/Shared/Audio and Moto/Shared/Picture folder locations. Deleted Mytones.db and Tmptns.db index files. Unhooked cable, powered off phone, took battery out for 3 minutes, put it back in. Turned it back on--> No Austin Powers, No Honda Logo. Tried this like 5 times. Was able to download "blue planet" and "customer opening" gifs to my computer (windows 2000 sp4). Was able to download 4 pictures I took with the weak camera. Was able to download and play/view the Austin powers and Honda items From the phone. Was able to verify in Pictures within the phone that the amount of storage space on the phone Had in fact been diminished by the amount of space taken up by those two items. So they Are in there but Vermin Weasels wonderful new S/W Version 8700_02.03.00R seems to be keeping the phone from recognizing them for what they are. Anyone have any ideas of what I should do now? This is a brand new phone I just bought for 150 off ebay. Other than this it works great. Thanks in advance to any and all people with advice. I'm listening. . . .
    First off... For Ringtones.. it looks like you did everything CORRECTLY... However, what are the EXACT file names used?

Next.. for pictures.. you can't really ADD using the FileSystem in bitpim... well, you can, but they probably wont show up... you must OVERWRITE an existing picture...

Since you've seem edited the phone... Instead of using the file system to try and ADD... If you have BitPim 9.x or higher.. make sure its set for V710M and use its GUI support for RingTones and Pictures to add...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    First off... For Ringtones.. it looks like you did everything CORRECTLY... However, what are the EXACT file names used?

Next.. for pictures.. you can't really ADD using the FileSystem in bitpim... well, you can, but they probably wont show up... you must OVERWRITE an existing picture...

Since you've seem edited the phone... Instead of using the file system to try and ADD... If you have BitPim 9.x or higher.. make sure its set for V710M and use its GUI support for RingTones and Pictures to add...
    Thank you for your reply. The file names are HondaH.JPG and AustinPowers.mp3 I will try the Overwrite thing because when I try to use the v710m part all the options are greyed out and I cannot communicate with the phone at all. This is with BitPim 9.5 I thought I saw something similar with leaving some voice memos and then writing over them with ringtones but then all your ringtones are gonna be called something like 07-24-06_1112 which is not that helpful when you are picking from 50 or so tones. I Neglected to mention that I was able to do everything up till now with a cheap Chinese serial-USB cable for my old v120. I'm now thinking that my cheapness in not wanting to buy the OEM cable, is blocking BitPims ability to properly see the Qualcom chip and provide GUI interface. Guess I'm gonna have to break down and buy the OEM cable. Its just so annoying that I have to pay even more money to try to use the features of my phone. Which is Really "their" phone, they just allow us to pay for them. When you add the cost of yet another cable to get this stuff I could have just used GIN and saved the time effort and money to void my warranty. Which is the conclusion that the vast majority of Verizon Victims come to every day[cash register sound here] Thanks again Verizon, I just Love being "serviced" by_you! . . . . ......................................... . . . . . . . . . . Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right, Here I Am . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    ...Did the SuperDaveGood Seem edit. ...Backed up Original seem and loaded the SuperDave etc. seem using PST with P2K Seem.
    One more question... what did you mean by that?

Did you actually find a copy of the SD EDITED 041A seem file and load that?? or do you mean something else?

...I Neglected to mention that I was able to do everything up till now with a cheap Chinese serial-USB cable for my old v120.
    USB to Serial is POSSIBLY the problem, but not 100% definate... BitPim should work with any cable that gets the phone to show as modem in device manager.. especially if it can list the file system for you.... BUT I've only used REAL MOTO Usb cables..... which work 100%.... I could NOT get MPT and BitPim work/talk to the phone using a real Moto SERIAL cable..

HEY... wait a min... usb to serial?? HOW did you get the seem edits done?? PST doesn't work with USB TO SERIAL Cables as they don't use the same drivers

More details of the cable please... what drivers did you use to get windows to see your phone as MODEM in device manager?
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 07-27-2006 at 06:57 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Cool Cable Rintone Wallpaper Fiasco

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    One more question... what did you mean by that?

Did you actually find a copy of the SD EDITED 041A seem file and load that?? or do you mean something else?

USB to Serial is POSSIBLY the problem, but not 100% definate... BitPim should work with any cable that gets the phone to show as modem in device manager.. especially if it can list the file system for you.... BUT I've only used REAL MOTO Usb cables..... which work 100%.... I could NOT get MPT and BitPim work/talk to the phone using a real Moto SERIAL cable..

HEY... wait a min... usb to serial?? HOW did you get the seem edits done?? PST doesn't work with USB TO SERIAL Cables as they don't use the same drivers

More details of the cable please... what drivers did you use to get windows to see your phone as MODEM in device manager?
    So I got this cheap cable. It is serial because I looked into the box and there is a circuit board in there. I have that lame cracked version of MPT 2.2 that cannot be running when your connected to the internet or it "phones home" discovers its cracked and permanently disables itself. Then you just reinstall it and be more careful next time. I also have this install prog for "SKN6311_USB_Driver" and the thing I got from you "DriverTool-421a". I've also got win2000 sp4. All I know is I removed all the previous crap that worked with my old v120c [RIP simple,basic, good reception phone] and all my Nokia cable related crap and deleted the Moto Modem in Device manager. Rebooted. Pluged in the china serial cable attached to v710. Windows 2000 says: We found your Motorola v710 and are installing software for it or something. . . So ran the SKN6311_USB_Driver thing just for luck and also DriverTool-421a. Reboot. Then ran the recently reinstalled cracked MPT 2.2 and it installed the Moto Modem. The Multimedia Studio even opened up but the options to up/down load were all greyed out. Essentially the same experience you had, No communication. . . . So then I used the PST 7.1.1 and P2K Seem (v710 edition) to load file: 041a_Latest_SD_Good. Went back and checked everything + changed a few things like the Roam Guard and 2 banner removals. It worked all the way up until the Bitpim GUI not working. So I really got much further with the fake cable and "free" software than I should have been able to! I just ordered the MOTOROLA OEM USB CABLE SKN6311B (without MPT) for .50˘ + $9.00 shipping off ebay. I thought it was gonna be like 30 -40 bucks so I'm not that pissed off about it anymore. $10 is a tolerable amount of pain my cheapness can endure. So I'm optimistic that this will solve the "No Talkie to Phony" issue and everything will be golden. Thanks again and any other questions let me know. I will post if the real cable works but it really should. I'll be back. . . . . .

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

More Info

Humpa,
    Yes its a known good ringtone from Mark's site. the test wallpaper is also in the correct format for this phone. They just don't register with the phone's file system. They are in fact on the phone and can be seen and downloaded from there with BitPim (filesystem, not GUI). Not using a TF card yet until I get the phone working correctly. Don't have one, never installed one. This is most likely some fluxup involving the cheap serial to USB cable I have. Now I got what I believe to be a real not cracked version of MPT 3.28 and cannot even install it without it prompting me "Please insert disk containing file: G:\addons\inf\General_Serial_Driver\MotoMDM.inf " Since I can't find the CD-R that came with the crap cable I cannot grant this request and if I could it would be the Wrong Driver for the Real Moto SKN6311b which I'm getting any day now. It does not like any of the other drivers I pointed it to like the SKN6311USB driver. And when you cannot give it the crap cable disc it exits without installing and there you are. I now remember that when I originally installed this cable about two years ago it did not go in easy at all. It probably took me 20 times not exageratiing to get the right sequence of installing the driver, showing it the cable w/ phone (v120c) and installing MPT to get it right. In between times I used the MotoModem Tool to reset the mess for another go. I just hope when I actually get the right cable and show it to Windows 2000 then it will abandon its counterproductive "need" for that Chinese driver which I can't find right now. Yeah, Good Times. If it was easy, everyone would do it and we wouldn't feel special now would we? Any suggestions or if you have a link to that wrong driver I'd be up for installing it just to try to Live Update this MPT to 4.04 or whatever as my friend assures me this is the real, not cracked, updatable version. That remains to be seen as I cannot even install the !*&%#@&* thing.
    Last edited by slycat_7; 07-31-2006 at 03:26 AM. Reason: added info

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15