Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL V710 FAQ

Device(s)
    Motorola v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Transfer file via Data Cable

There is one other program you can use to transfer file to the v710, the Motorola MediaManager (T72x serial cable) from MOTclub here is a direct link http://www.motorola.ru/files/MediaManagerEng.exe. This program was designed for the t720 or any GSM hand set. I have used it with my v710, v400, v600, v220, and v525.

It allow you to send pictures in .gif or midi files. I recently found the trend for a mp3 to midi extention converter on Howard Forms. Here is the direct page http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...5&pagenumber=1 a user on Howard Forms designed the file converter here is the direct link to it http://saturn.spaceports.com/~djap32...MP3Rename.zip.

The Motorola Media Manager used com ports. Once you connect your phone by cable you have to scan the ports for the com port you phone is connected. If you try using a GSM handset you will be recognized the v710 will not be recognized but when you test the ports it will say
    -----------------------------------
    Power on a phone and connect it to the serial cable. Click Next when ready.

Looking for device...device found.
    Identifying device...not a Motorola P2K phone.

The device on COM3 is not a Motorola P2K phone but it is a modem of some type. Try selecting a different COM port and trying the test again.
    ---------------------------------
    Just make sure the com port is the port the phone is on. Once you try sending the files to the phone the phone will go into no service and shut down, the files will load to the phone if they are .gif or midi. I had to slice mp3's into about :20 sec (usually the hooks of a song) at about 64kbps and they have uploaded to the phone with no problem, only after I used the mp3 to midi converter above. Remember the phone wallpaper size is 176x220 so if you save the gif at that size you should not have a problem sending it over. The program also only allows you to send so many files at a time. Also you will want to test the com port every time before you send the file, sometimes it does not recognize the phone so you will have to unhook everything on the phone.

I hope this works for you as it has worked for me and a couple of my friends.

Feedback Score
    first link is down

Device(s)
    Motorola v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Link

If that link don't work you can grab the software from Motclub (dot) com.

Device(s)
    Motorola i860
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL and Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I got unable to access the files. But also, I have been sending my files trough the verizon website and they have been working fine until today. I get the file on my phone and when I try and download the file I get cannot download the file right now try again later. Looks like I will have to go buy a transflash card.

Device(s)
    Motorola v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Re: transfer via data cable

Has anyone been able to get this to work thru a USB data cable? I presume the poster was using a serial cable from what he is stating. When using the media manager w/ the USB data cable, it says it does not detect anything on the COM port the phone is hooked up to.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    MPT recognizes my phone and is 100% functional (as functional it can be). Bitpim, which is my old fave w/the ole 4400, will not recognize my 710. I have the ports aligned and selected the LG 6000. Every time I try to receive a file list, it display's the error 2, cannot create file.

I have tried gagin, p2kman, and a couple of other programs. Only MPT see this phone!

Will someone please help!!!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Avant SM-G386T (T-Mobile), BlackBerry Bold 9900 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    How to format your TransFlash card.

Press the Menu key, then select Phone Info, then select Storage Devices, then with the TRI-mmc highlighted, press the Menu key, then select Format.
    Sam K

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Sam K - thanks for that. When we first got our T-Flash it took me a while to figure this out. I'm surprised no one posted this up till now - I know it would have helped me two weeks ago.

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Sam K: The desktop charger you have works with the V710? Also, are you able to charge a spare battery in it? Some people were wondering about this when the phone first came out and I'm not sure I ever so an answer.

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Jef
    ======================
    Step by Step Guide for using MPT 2.x with the Future Dial USB cable
    ======================

1. Go to www.futuredial.com and get the USB Drivers for the the Cable.
    2. After installing the dr plug in the USB cable
    3. Go to Device manager and find the PORT where the Prolific USB Serial Adapter is on
    ----------------
    4. Now open up MPT (It will fail to initialize)
    5. Go to Setup and Communications options
    6. Change modems, and have it detect a new modem.
    7. Cancel, and wait a minute or 2.
    8. It will now ask you which COM port your phone is on, so select the COM port from part 3 above.
    9. Check the box telling it not to detect and that you want to select your own.
    10. Choose the V810.
    11. Close MPT.
    ------------------------
    12. Download the CTX file I created earlier in this FAQ topic.
    13. Go to C:\Documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\BVRP Software\Mobile Phone Tools in Explorer
    14. Replace the CTX (I think it will be FAX011.CTX) with the CTX file from the ZIP from this forum
    -------------------------
    15. Plug Phone into USB cable
    16. Run MPT tools
    ---------------------
    17. Synch Away! It should be working now after a few minutes.

Note that it helps to reboot the phone (power off then on) right before Step 15 sometimes.

you Can go to the MPT View - Modem Exchange to see the Data being passed on the COM port. If you see alot of OK's you are set. If you see it waiting, then follwo the steps here and try again.

(This guide is done from Memory, and I've done it on a few different PCs, so I think It's correct. If it's wrong please PM me, and I'll update it)

J
    What Futuredial USB cable works with the V710?? I checked the site but the V710 wasn't listed for any of the cable's.

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Here's a way to setup two shortcuts (in this case OK + 1 and OK + 2) which turn Bluetooth Off and On in a single step:

1. Menu
    2. 7 - Setup
    3. * - Connection
    4. 1 - Bluetooth Link
    5. Setup (Select)
    6. Power (Change)
    7. Scroll down to "Off"
    8. Hold the Menu button down and create a shortcut...I used "1"

Follow the same steps as above (1 through 6) and then:

7. Scroll down to "On"
    8 Hold the Menu button down and create a shortcut...I used "2"

Henceforth, "OK" + 1 turns Bluetooth off in a single step
    "OK" + 2 turns Bluetooth on in a single step

Device(s)
    Moto V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

PAIRING V710 AND PALM TUNGSTEN 3

This post has to do with that ‘other subject’ pairing my V710 and Tungsten 3 so that I can use the phone as modem and get onto the net….so far I have done everything suggested in this forum string….
    1- I created a network just as described….and the phone number is #777
    2- I dumped the init string
    3- I changed connection: connect to phone became connect to modem
    4- I reset the palm and powered off and on the V710
    Used web pro….it flagged the V710 which asked if I wanted to recognize the palm…I said yes and then it asked for pin….palm asked for pin….then palm said dialing..and phone said something similar…my date on phone changed to “Packet Data” and my palm said signing on….and I waited and waited and finally got “Error: timeout ()x1212) over and over and over again. HELP!!!! Thanks to you guys I am so close I can smell success but what have I done wrong??? And how can I finally get connected….I’d appreciate any ideas

Device(s)
    Motorola v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Re: Transfer file via Data Cable

Originally posted by SoulJaih
    There is one other program you can use to transfer file to the v710, the Motorola MediaManager (T72x serial cable) from MOTclub here is a direct link http://www.motorola.ru/files/MediaManagerEng.exe. This program was designed for the t720 or any GSM hand set. I have used it with my v710, v400, v600, v220, and v525.

It allow you to send pictures in .gif or midi files. I recently found the trend for a mp3 to midi extention converter on Howard Forms. Here is the direct page http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...5&pagenumber=1 a user on Howard Forms designed the file converter here is the direct link to it http://saturn.spaceports.com/~djap32...MP3Rename.zip.

The Motorola Media Manager used com ports. Once you connect your phone by cable you have to scan the ports for the com port you phone is connected. If you try using a GSM handset you will be recognized the v710 will not be recognized but when you test the ports it will say
    -----------------------------------
    Power on a phone and connect it to the serial cable. Click Next when ready.

Looking for device...device found.
    Identifying device...not a Motorola P2K phone.

The device on COM3 is not a Motorola P2K phone but it is a modem of some type. Try selecting a different COM port and trying the test again.
    ---------------------------------
    Just make sure the com port is the port the phone is on. Once you try sending the files to the phone the phone will go into no service and shut down, the files will load to the phone if they are .gif or midi. I had to slice mp3's into about :20 sec (usually the hooks of a song) at about 64kbps and they have uploaded to the phone with no problem, only after I used the mp3 to midi converter above. Remember the phone wallpaper size is 176x220 so if you save the gif at that size you should not have a problem sending it over. The program also only allows you to send so many files at a time. Also you will want to test the com port every time before you send the file, sometimes it does not recognize the phone so you will have to unhook everything on the phone.

I hope this works for you as it has worked for me and a couple of my friends.
    Has anyone tried this and had successful results with the serial cable or with the USB cable? I cannot get this to work with the USB cable, but I don't want to waste my money on a serial cable if it doesn't work either. Any information on others results would be appreciated. Thanks!

Device(s)
    V710
    Feedback Score
    The Futuredial cable for the t720 and mediamanager DOES allow me to copy mid and gif files to my v710. The usb cable will not work for this.

The futuredial cable is nothing more than a USB to serial adapter cable with a Motorola connector on the serial side. When you plug the cable into a usb port on a PC (with no phone attached to the cable) the cable itself will need drivers. Of course when you plug the phone into the cable, windows will not need drivers for it since windows will be talking to the phone using serial comunications.

You can think of the futuredial cable as a serial cable with a USB connectior.

If the motorola app you want to use, uses a serial port to comunicate with, then use the futuredial cable. (or just make your own serial cable)

If the motorola app you want to use, doesn't have a setting to select the serial port, then use the Motorola USB cable.

I have heard that Bitpim and the futuredial cable will allow you to access the file system on the phone.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone3Gs 32gb white and 16GB 3G both jb'd
    Carrier(s)
    at&t blue deathstar (majority of voice and unlimited 3G data),
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Tation
    The Futuredial cable for the t720 and mediamanager DOES allow me to copy mid and gif files to my v710. The usb cable will not work for this.

The futuredial cable is nothing more than a USB to serial adapter cable with a Motorola connector on the serial side. When you plug the cable into a usb port on a PC (with no phone attached to the cable) the cable itself will need drivers. Of course when you plug the phone into the cable, windows will not need drivers for it since windows will be talking to the phone using serial comunications.

You can think of the futuredial cable as a serial cable with a USB connectior.

If the motorola app you want to use, uses a serial port to comunicate with, then use the futuredial cable. (or just make your own serial cable)

If the motorola app you want to use, doesn't have a setting to select the serial port, then use the Motorola USB cable.

I have heard that Bitpim and the futuredial cable will allow you to access the file system on the phone.
    I think i have seen it mentioned somewhere that someone was using their old nextel motorola usb data cable to transfer files to/from the v710.

I also have a usb data cable from nextel moto phone and wanted to know which programs will work with it.

I have heard you can only transfer .gif and .mid. I'm assuming you can transfer .mp3s renamed as .mid the same way as you can by sending them to yourself at vzwpix.com but without paying 25 cents per msg obviously which is the main thing i'm tyring to avoid as ihave sent myself many mp3 and jpg that way and its adding up too much. speaking of jpg can you just rename to .gif the same way so that you can transfer with usb data cable or does that no twork the same as with mp3 .gif.

Also unrelated but i didnt' feel like adding another post and not sure if this is the right thread to ask this.

But it seems that I cannot turn speakerphone on or off during a call with teh speaker button. is my phone defective? I have to hit the speaker button which opens obey moto voice command and then hit the right guidance button to toggle speakerphone on or off before i make a call and then i am stuck with it either on or off for that entire call and cannot change until i hang up. you can see how this sucks.

One of the reasons i got this phone is for full duplex speakerphone but this is a limited speakerphone already to say the least with no closed flip but now this is unacceptable. i haven't seen anyone else complain about this so i'm assuming my phone is defective. Does this warrant a return even though it is a day or 2 after my 15th day?

Further, when i hit speaker button in call it does nothing but when i hold it down it records a voice memo I'm assuming of the call as long as i hold it down.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast