Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL V710 FAQ

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok, I need a little help - I have the Moto cable and the MPT program. I am running Win2k. When I tried to install, the system quickly recognized that it was a Motorola 710 on the cable and asked me for the drivers. I've tried darn near every inf file on the MPT disc and none of them have worked - which file is the actual driver?

Device(s)
    Motorola i860
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL and Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Seriously, you guys should just get the transflash card/reader. It wil lcost you about 40 bucks but it is definitely worth it. You get that extra 128mb of storage and it is really simple to transfer the files.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Can't sync the phone with my address books on the TF card. I have it, actually, but the cable has some functionality. IF I could get it to work.

Device(s)
    V710
    Feedback Score
    What works for me..
    I use the Futuredial cable a LOT more than the USB cable.
    I use Bitim to download files from the phone with the FD cable.
    I use Mediamanager to upload files to the phone with the FD cable.
    I use Truesync to sync my contacts and calendar with outlook using the FD cable.
    I use the FD cable and Bluetooth to use the phone as a modem.
    I use P2K to edit seems using the USB cable. (only time I use the USB cable)

Notes:
    When I send a file to the phone using Media manager I can not rename the extension of the file once the file is on the phone.
    I can however force mediamanager to browse all files on your PC and then choose ANY file to send, like MP3 and JPGs. Just type in *.* in the filename box and then choose the file you want to send.
    The FD cable appears to let me see more of the file system than the USB cable.
    I have deleted all the factory (locked) default pics and MP3s using bitpim and the FD cable.

airos4, I got my drivers from the Phone Service Tools (PST) package. Do a search, you should be able to find it for download. You will need PST if you wanna do any seem mapping anyway.

Device(s)
    v710
    Feedback Score

V710 Mp3

Could anyone tell me how to get the V710's mp3 player to continue to play music after closing the phone? It is not too convenient to listen music on the go with the Motorola stereo ear buds when running and moving about with the phone flipped in the open position.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone3Gs 32gb white and 16GB 3G both jb'd
    Carrier(s)
    at&t blue deathstar (majority of voice and unlimited 3G data),
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Tation
    What works for me..
    I use the Futuredial cable a LOT more than the USB cable.
    I use Bitim to download files from the phone with the FD cable.
    I use Mediamanager to upload files to the phone with the FD cable.
    I use Truesync to sync my contacts and calendar with outlook using the FD cable.
    I use the FD cable and Bluetooth to use the phone as a modem.
    I use P2K to edit seems using the USB cable. (only time I use the USB cable)

Notes:
    When I send a file to the phone using Media manager I can not rename the extension of the file once the file is on the phone.
    I can however force mediamanager to browse all files on your PC and then choose ANY file to send, like MP3 and JPGs. Just type in *.* in the filename box and then choose the file you want to send.
    The FD cable appears to let me see more of the file system than the USB cable.
    I have deleted all the factory (locked) default pics and MP3s using bitpim and the FD cable.

airos4, I got my drivers from the Phone Service Tools (PST) package. Do a search, you should be able to find it for download. You will need PST if you wanna do any seem mapping anyway.

where can you get the futuredial cable adn how much is it? sounds like its useful. i just use my old moto usb data cable that i had from my nextel phone to edit seems with p2k. I definately want to delete the default pics and sounds from teh phone.

Device(s)
    V710
    Feedback Score
    I got the Futuredial cable from Radioshack. It was free with the purchase of the Futuredial software. The cable is around $20 if you buy it with no software. I got it back before I found howard forums and learned that there were better ways to do things than the futuredial software does them. The specific futuredial cable I have is the one for the T720. It has a USB to serial converter built into the cable so the cable looks like a snake that swallowed a cat or something. :-)

And llunken, I saw a hack on howardforums somewhere that walks you through playing MP3s with the phone closed. It involved using a stub of a phono jack and some phone settings I seem to recall.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Bluetooth

Can you transfer files via the bluetooth? And what are the default passwords to use the bluetooth? I tried the 0000 and it won't sync to my computer (W2K) I will try on a XP machine later. Thanks for any help.

Device(s)
    teh "premature" V710
    Carrier(s)
    Vzw
    Feedback Score

*Reminders: beep, vibrate or off

*REMINDERS settings: how the heck do you make the beep softer??!! The sound of the beep can even make the ears of anyone passing by bleed!! When it's on vibrate, i tend to ignore it sometimes.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Tation
    I got the Futuredial cable from Radioshack. It was free with the purchase of the Futuredial software. The cable is around $20 if you buy it with no software. I got it back before I found howard forums and learned that there were better ways to do things than the futuredial software does them. The specific futuredial cable I have is the one for the T720. It has a USB to serial converter built into the cable so the cable looks like a snake that swallowed a cat or something. :-)

And llunken, I saw a hack on howardforums somewhere that walks you through playing MP3s with the phone closed. It involved using a stub of a phono jack and some phone settings I seem to recall.
    that hack is for closed phone speakerphone use. I'm sure you can still play mp3s with flip closed at least with headphones. least i hope so? if you can have the phone closed on clip and listen to mp3 that would suck having to hold it with flip open.

Device(s)
    v710
    Feedback Score

MP3s playing with the phone closed

Someone just posted an answer to the music playing with the phone closed. All is needed to do is to press the <hide> softkey while the music is playing and then close the phone.

Device(s)
    RAZR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I am two weeks out of my 30 day period with my 710 (second replacement). will a firmware upgrade fix the following problem. Sometimes the backlight goes out and I can not see anything on the phone. At the same time, Blue tooth headset won't work and the camera gives me a phony busy error. Also,sometimest he phone freezes. this recently started happening the past two weeks. thanks.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Re: MP3s playing with the phone closed

Originally posted by llunken
    Someone just posted an answer to the music playing with the phone closed. All is needed to do is to press the <hide> softkey while the music is playing and then close the phone.
    wow you are right. great little tip. now if this phone only had stereo speakers like the lgvx8000 is oging to have it might be feasible to actually listen to mp3 this way. for now headphones are still better.

I was wondering about the moto headphones that have built in fm radio. will those also work for mp3 from the tf card?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by DEXTERITY
    I am two weeks out of my 30 day period with my 710 (second replacement). will a firmware upgrade fix the following problem. Sometimes the backlight goes out and I can not see anything on the phone. At the same time, Blue tooth headset won't work and the camera gives me a phony busy error. Also,sometimest he phone freezes. this recently started happening the past two weeks. thanks.
    You should still be under Moto Warranty though so just go to a verizon store thats authorized for moto repair and they will replace it...

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok got it to sync bluetooth on XP and 2k, now how can a xfer pictures or mp3 ringtones via bluetooth? Also how can you get pictures off of the phone that you take?

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast