Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL V710 FAQ

Device(s)
    v710
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: MP3s playing with the phone closed

Originally posted by Quatre
    wow you are right. great little tip. now if this phone only had stereo speakers like the lgvx8000 is oging to have it might be feasible to actually listen to mp3 this way. for now headphones are still better.

I was wondering about the moto headphones that have built in fm radio. will those also work for mp3 from the tf card?
    I purchased the MOTO stereo earbuds that are just for the V710. They play mp3's in true stereo and the music will mute whenever a phone call comes in so you can talk using the built in mic. It is about $30 with shipping. Yes the mp3's play directly form the tflash card. You can creat your own playlist also.
    Last edited by llunken; 09-30-2004 at 04:15 PM.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone3Gs 32gb white and 16GB 3G both jb'd
    Carrier(s)
    at&t blue deathstar (majority of voice and unlimited 3G data),
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Re: MP3s playing with the phone closed

Originally posted by llunken
    I purchased the MOTO stereo earbuds that are just for the V710. They play mp3's in true stereo and the music will mute whenever a phone call comes in so you can talk using the built in mic. It is about $30 with shipping. Yes the mp3's play directly form the tflash card. You can creat your own playlist also.

are those the headphones with built in fm tuner? need that.

all these accesories add up in price. hs820 or whatever was already $80.

where can i get the tf card cheaper. was it amazon for $33?

also what if any stores have the tf card, headphones and other accessories? i dont have the patience to order online but its prob going to be more expensive in store especially from verizon. RS might be ok price.

Device(s)
    v710
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Re: Re: MP3s playing with the phone closed

are those the headphones with built in fm tuner? need that.

all these accesories add up in price. hs820 or whatever was already $80.

where can i get the tf card cheaper. was it amazon for $33?

also what if any stores have the tf card, headphones and other accessories? i dont have the patience to order online but its prob going to be more expensive in store especially from verizon. RS might be ok price.
    No these are the V710 stereo earbuds only. I purchased my sandisk 128meg T-flash at the link below. It was $34 plus shipping. No problems at all with ordering. I'm just the opposite I don't have patients to shop in crowded stores. LOL

http://bluetoothheadsets.zoovy.com/r...ywords=sandisk

Device(s)
    V710
    Feedback Score
    I hate shopping online. If you have problems or want to return it, it is too much of a pain. I am willing to pay the extra money to be able to walk into a store, touch and look at something, and then buy it if I want to.

Best Buy has the HS810 for around $93. They have 128MB transflash for $44. Not great prices, but they do carry them.
    RS has the HS810 and HS820.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Tation
    I hate shopping online. If you have problems or want to return it, it is too much of a pain. I am willing to pay the extra money to be able to walk into a store, touch and look at something, and then buy it if I want to.

Best Buy has the HS810 for around $93. They have 128MB transflash for $44. Not great prices, but they do carry them.
    isn't the 810 usually $100 so thast not bad. i paid 79.99 for the 820 @ verizon store but there is a $20 rebate which can also choose to get a free dual charger (screw that i have 2 plugs to charge each separate, give me the money) still have to send in the rebate for the phone too hope i didnt' wait too long. i was thinking it would be a verizon like practice to make the rebate only good iif sent in the first 15 days so that way you couldn't wait till after you were sure you were keeping it and can't return with upc missing.

Anyway $44 for tf @ BB doesn't sound bad if its 34 plus shipping online. how much is shipping, prob puts it close. Doesn't bb have the headphones.

there is a pair of headphones that has fm tuner right and allows for mp3 listening.

also is the 810 worth teh extra 20 over the 820? i've heard minor complaints about both. the 820 is alittle too lose and floppy sometimes on the ear.and as eveyrone says holding down to turn on/off sucks but minor.

What all do you get with teh TF card? is the propietary reader for the pc separate or comes with?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MP3s playing with the phone closed

Originally posted by llunken
    No these are the V710 stereo earbuds only. I purchased my sandisk 128meg T-flash at the link below. It was $34 plus shipping. No problems at all with ordering. I'm just the opposite I don't have patients to shop in crowded stores. LOL

http://bluetoothheadsets.zoovy.com/r...ywords=sandisk
    holy crap. cheapest shipping is $12 putting it higher then bb. 34.95 +12= $47, bb is 44 plus tax i guess. bb is cheaper by like 40 cents in my state. i thought i heard ppl got tf on amazon for 33 though.and hopefully not $12 shipping.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    from the looks of the FM Stereo Radio Headset
    SYN8609

http://commerce.motorola.com/cgi-bin...20&type=239684

it doesn't look like its even into teh phones jack its just pluged in to the phones battery for power for the fm radio part of it. so that sucks i would have to buy 2 headphones 1 for fm radio and 1 for mp3

horrible , why didn't they offer one with both.

Device(s)
    V710
    Feedback Score
    The cheapest I have seen the HS810 & HS820 is bluetoothheadsets.com The 810 was around $74 and they would throw in a free car charger. They carry the 128MB transflash as well for 30 something. But yeah the $12 in shipping is a bit high.

To me, the free car charger was worthless since I have one already, and I would rather pay the $20 or so extra to be able to take something back to an actual store. Also, I don't have to deal with return shipping. Just my personal preference.

I also saw that a local Radioshack had the jabra BT 200 headset on clearance for something like $130. It was the one with the adaptor for nonbluetooth phones. Which just allows you to use the headset with anything with a headphone plug AND also with your V710 too. Not a terrible price, but not too great either.

As far as the headphones...
    To me, the FM radio ones DO look like that you could use them to listen to MP3s with. It says that they tie into the phone and you use the D-pad to change stations with. So it is more than just using the power from the battery. I know that the motorola connector on the bottom of the phone has conenctions for a mic and outgoing sound so there is no technical reason they shouldn't work.

I now have used the HS810 AND HS820. To me the 810 is a much better headset. That whole 3 second power on and off crap was the reason I took my 820 back. If they could make the phone ring on both devices at the same time, then it would have been livable. What surprised me though was the carry case and neckstrap that came with the 810. I was expecting crap and I was actually impressed with them. Nice to get more than you expect every once in a while. And this 810 is smaller than the 820 too. Aso the 820 looked like a Startrek movie prop.
    I have decided to stay with motorola headsets mainly because of the charger being the same as the phone.

Device(s)
    v710
    Feedback Score

MP3s playing with the phone closed

I was very happy after trying the suggestion of pressing the soft key <hide> so I can play my mp3's with the phone closed, But I was very disappointed to discover that only one song will play until you open up the phone again and go back into the menus to play the next song. The songs in the play list will not play consecutively with the phone closed but only when it is open and that is not very practical when moving about. If anyone knows of a trick or code to correct this, it would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by llunken; 10-01-2004 at 09:51 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tation "The cheapest I have seen the HS810 & HS820 is bluetoothheadsets.com The 810 was around $74 and they would throw in a free car charger. They carry the 128MB transflash as well for 30 something. But yeah the $12 in shipping is a bit high."

The cheapest I found the HS820 on pricegrabber was 68.94 for me so 79.99 -$20 mir from verizon is better. I can also opt to use the rebate for the 2 in 1 moto charger but as i've mentioned before i usually have 2 sockets and sometiems both dont need to be charged at once. With the headset it is good to have a store to be able to return it to I agree. But for the transflash card that isn't necessary and I the best price i have found on pricegrabber for that for me is from buy.com for 28.86 total.

I am just worried that it might not come with teh SD adapter because the page on their website for the 128mb transflash not only doesn't show picture of the adapter but doesnt' mention it in the features. Even though all retail versions of it do automatically come with teh SD adapter, i'm worried that is how they are offering it so cheap because they are selling it without the SD adapter which would render it useless to me.

I am able to use my printer with SD card slot so i haven't had to buy a SD reader adn i imagine you could use a digi cam or other sd card compat devices. In the mean time i bought it from bestbuy for $44 which i will return when it is delivered from buy.com which i guess i will just take a risk and assume/hope it comes with teh SD adapter as it usually does. (maybe i'll call buy.com to make sure)

"To me, the free car charger was worthless since I have one already, and I would rather pay the $20 or so extra to be able to take something back to an actual store. Also, I don't have to deal with return shipping. Just my personal preference"

again luckily the verizon store price with rebate is lower then any online but I would like to try the hs810 as well. kind of expensive ot keep both so I'll have to see where i can buy the 810 to try it out and then worry about finding lowest price online which btw is 70.98 for me. So maybe I'll hold off on sending the rebate for the 820 till I try the 810 and if i really like it better can still return th 820 hopefully. I just kind of settled for the 820 because it was cheaper and smaller. but i think i will like the boom mic which i'm just finding out folds in and out which also turns it on and off which sounds cool.

"I also saw that a local Radioshack had the jabra BT 200 headset on clearance for something like $130. It was the one with the adaptor for nonbluetooth phones. Which just allows you to use the headset with anything with a headphone plug AND also with your V710 too. Not a terrible price, but not too great either."

that would be great if i had a bt headset that i could use with my v710 and also with Toshiba using the bt adapter. i assumed most bt headsets for non bt phones had a built in bt adapter so you couldn't use it for a bt phone. But I have read some reviews that the jabra bt headsets arent' as good as the moto ones

"As far as the headphones...
    To me, the FM radio ones DO look like that you could use them to listen to MP3s with. It says that they tie into the phone and you use the D-pad to change stations with. So it is more than just using the power from the battery. I know that the motorola connector on the bottom of the phone has conenctions for a mic and outgoing sound so there is no technical reason they shouldn't work."

ok, wow that would be great if the fm radio headphones can also do mp3, because I wouldn't want to buy both and its nice to have option to listen to both fm radio and mp3. Can anyone verify that the fm radio moto headphones can also listen to mp3 on the phone? What store carries them so i can try them out? only place i've seen to order them is from motorola.com

"I now have used the HS810 AND HS820. To me the 810 is a much better headset. That whole 3 second power on and off crap was the reason I took my 820 back. If they could make the phone ring on both devices at the same time, then it would have been livable. What surprised me though was the carry case and neckstrap that came with the 810. I was expecting crap and I was actually impressed with them. Nice to get more than you expect every once in a while. And this 810 is smaller than the 820 too. Aso the 820 looked like a Startrek movie prop.
    I have decided to stay with motorola headsets mainly because of the charger being the same as the phone."

So you really like the 810 better then the 820? Is it as loose as the 820 or better because that is one thing i dont like plus the case for it will be nice.. Does Verizon store have a time limit on returning an accesory? like 14 day? hopefully not because i'm past that. worst come to worst if i really like the 810 that much better and dont need the 820 anymore I'll try to sell it i guess. I think bestbuy has the 810. who else carries it in store so I can try it out before buying it from getyourtech.com for 70.98 total online which is the cheapest you can prob find it. And why does verizon only seem to carry the 820?
    Last edited by Quatre; 10-04-2004 at 04:53 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Tation

Best Buy seems to only have the 810 and i thought i saw it for 93 but now its 99.99 plus tax.

But... the tf card seems to have gone down the day after i bought it for 44.99 plus tax it went down to 34.99! $10 cheaper, luckily they will resell it tome for that price since i just got it. i can get it for 28.86 from buy .com but i'm not sure if it comes with the SD adapter or not. i might order and see if it does then return to bestbuy or just keep both. 2 128's still only gives me 256mb of memory and i'm assuming that is the biggest they make tf cards? or that is the limit for the phone or both. Some phones with memory card that are using regular sd or min sd can take cards up to 1gb which makes it much more realistic of an mp3 player plus with room for video and pics. especially for putting full length video on.

Which reminds me, is there anything special you have to do to put long video on your tf card and can you watch it right off the tf card? I think i'm goign to try to put the paris hilton on. Also i hope someone comes up wiht a hack to watch it with widescreen with the phone sideways.

Oh and speaking of BestBuy, they have the moto v710 with verizons $70 mir and their own $30 mir so i'm pissed i got it at verizon store and too late to return now. so that is one plus already that BB just got Verizon.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Sam K
    How to pair your Palm Tungsten T3 (or any other Bluetooth enabled Palm) to the V710 via Bluetooth to get a 1xRTT internet connection look HERE

How to pair your Bluetooth enabled Sony Clie to the V710 via Bluetooth to get a 1xRTT internet connection look HERE

sorry to quote this old post of his, but this was the first post of his on this thread listing all the accessories he had and stating for anyone to ask any questions about any of said accessories.

Main question is about the fm radio headset. Can you also listen to mp3s with this headset?? Because that would be rediculous to have to buy both headsets, one for radio and one to listen to mp3. Where can you buy the fm radio headset besides from motorola.com? does radioshack or anywhere have it?

Also which do you prefer the hs820 or the 810? I've been using the 820 and now got the 810 which i think i am going to like better.

Device(s)
    V710
    Feedback Score
    Looks like I am going to have to go back to BestBuy and see if they dropped the Price of the transflash card here in GA. I paid $44 for it four days ago and have not even opened it yet. I also got the HS810 at that same time for $93 because BB had it on sale. I had to take it back and swap it for another one due to the main button getting broken when I took it apart to see if I could replace the battery in it later on down the road when it wore out.
    Oh and speaking of batteries in the BT Moto headsets and on the Jabra headsets.... They are not user replaceable. The headsets are designed to be disposable. Be VERY careful if you take the 810 apart, and even being careful, there is no way NOT to make marks on the outside of it due to the way you have to snap it apart. I am sure I will come up with some way to replace the battery by the time it wears out, but that just blew my mind when I realized that it was designed to be thrown away. There is a good business opportunity for ya, buying worn out headsets, cleaning em up, replacing the battery (if you can find them), and reselling em.

As far as the HS810 and HS820...
    I liked the 820, but I like the 810 a WHOLE lot more. It is just a little hard to justify the extra money for it, but I really feel it is worth it (for me anyway). The fold out (power on, power off) boom is almost worth the extra money alone. From having taken it apart, the moving parts looked very well designed, and shouldn't cause any failures (like some people have suggested in other threads). It seemed to fit my ear better than the 820. It took me putting the 810 on my ear a few times to figure out how to "lock" it onto my ear. The 820 never felt "secure" even after having it for almost 2 weeks. The 810 is also a good bit smaller than the 820 with it folded and they are about the same size when it is open. To me the 810 looks more professional and the 820 looked like a movie prop for Startrek or (if it was green) for Batman with it being something for the Riddler. Flip the ear hook out and hold the 820 up, doesn't it look like a question mark? It seems that the blue LED is much more subdued on the 810. The LED on the 820 can light up a dark room. As for the Carry case and neck strap that comes with the 810, they are not GREAT or made of Gold or anything, but they ARE more than I expected.
    I have looked at the Jabra too, and while I have had wired Jabra headsets and they are VERY comfortable, the Jabra 250 is just a bit too big for my taste.

Device(s)
    v710
    Feedback Score
    Best Buy seems to only have the 810 and i thought i saw it for 93 but now its 99.99 plus tax.

But... the tf card seems to have gone down the day after i bought it for 44.99 plus tax it went down to 34.99! $10 cheaper, luckily they will resell it tome for that price since i just got it. i can get it for 28.86 from buy .com but i'm not sure if it comes with the SD adapter or not. i might order and see if it does then return to bestbuy or just keep both. 2 128's still only gives me 256mb of memory and i'm assuming that is the biggest they make tf cards? or that is the limit for the phone or both. Some phones with memory card that are using regular sd or min sd can take cards up to 1gb which makes it much more realistic of an mp3 player plus with room for video and pics. especially for putting full length video on.

Which reminds me, is there anything special you have to do to put long video on your tf card and can you watch it right off the tf card? I think i'm goign to try to put the paris hilton on. Also i hope someone comes up wiht a hack to watch it with widescreen with the phone sideways.

No except you need to switch storage devices on the phone to the TRI-mmc first. The video quality is poor. I copied a video onto my card and transfered it to my computer for viewing and I wasn't to impressed. You will need quicktime 6.5 to view the files on your computer.

Oh and speaking of BestBuy, they have the moto v710 with verizons $70 mir and their own $30 mir so i'm pissed i got it at verizon store and too late to return now. so that is one plus already that BB just got Verizon.
    I used my every two from VZ and saved an additional $100.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    great we dont care that you used your every 2 year $100 credit with Verizon. that means you have been with them at least 2 painstaking years with not a single half decent phone up until now. Also this is irrelevant as most ppl aren't lucky enough to even have that or fall on this exact time to get this phone.

It helps ppl a lot more to know they can save an extra $30 by getting it at best buy.
    I calle Verizon and asked them about this and the only thing they said was that the one good thing about buying it from Verizon store was that if anything is wrong with it they can swap it out for a new one right away and with BB you would have to wait. personally i'd rather have the $30 and the chances of needing to do that and verizon not making an excuse why they dont have to is slim to none but regardless i'm past the 15 day so i nothing i can do.

Did i mention that the BB display clearly advertises and lists closed flip speakerphone as one of their main and only listed features of the phone. I asked verizon about this and they jsut said to ask BB and Motorola, i paid 1.25 for 411 on sprint to get a motorola # which rang and rang but noone answered.

I know ppl have contacted motorola about it before and at least one person was told that Verizon motorola disable this but that new firmware would allow this feature which is a little contradictory. but now to see BB advertise that as a feature, i really wonder what is going on. I'm guessing they just made a mistake and it still doesnt' work as that is more likely then the chance of them getting v710s with the feature enabled.

My verdict on the 810 vs. 820 bt headsets, is similiar to others in that the 820 is just so much easier to use and so convenient with the flip open/closed boom mic. i never have to enable or disable bt on teh phone. i have even answered a call by just flipping open the mic and holding it to my ear without hooking it on for a quick call, which was really conveneint but i felt like the character will ferrel played on snl when he had the super small phone so that was pretty gay.

Anyway i will say as it has been quietly mentioned by some that have used both that the 820 has slightly better sound quality and i have to agree. the 810 sounds slightly more tinny sometimes and it also cuts off the first part of the voice command voice. ie .....ay a command. at least the s gets cut off or more and same when it says other things. also, it sounds a bit more staticky at times when it is on but no sound. Maybe some of this has to do with the fact that its bt 1.1 instead of 2.0 or whatever which from i understand will make the 820 more future compatible but regardless of all this i still prefer the 810 though i have both and can't return the 820 i may try to sell it.

Its nice to have both though to get the best of both worlds and it might be worth holding onto.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast