Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL V710 FAQ

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I really like the HS810. It is $99.99 at radioshack right now with a $50 MIR. I also got 20% off for buying 2 accesories (HS810 and cheap $10 case) and another 10% off for signing up a shack credit card. Add that to the $329 for the phone less 2 $70 MIR (motorola and radioshack) and I ended up paying about $155 for the phone and $18 for the headset. Not a bad deal.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone3Gs 32gb white and 16GB 3G both jb'd
    Carrier(s)
    at&t blue deathstar (majority of voice and unlimited 3G data),
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Ri0
    I really like the HS810. It is $99.99 at radioshack right now with a $50 MIR. I also got 20% off for buying 2 accesories (HS810 and cheap $10 case) and another 10% off for signing up a shack credit card. Add that to the $329 for the phone less 2 $70 MIR (motorola and radioshack) and I ended up paying about $155 for the phone and $18 for the headset. Not a bad deal.

wow, great deal thanks for sharing. i didnt' know RS had thier own $70 mir in addition to verizons. BB only has $30 mir in addition. i got at verizon so iget nothing and its too late to return and rebuy at RS. sucks

and wow $50 mir for the 810 at RS. best buy has it for 99.99 with no rebate.

i got both 820 and 810 for $60 total so that is pretty good but ×××× $18 for the 810! and I missed out on the phone as i can only get the 70 mir from verizon. sucks. when i complained to them about bestbuy rebate they just said well advantage to verizon store is if something defective with phone we can swap it out. bb can't do that. whatever.

man i wish i shacked it. i thought i had heard the 710 was actually more expensive at the shack. oh well.

Device(s)
    v710
    Feedback Score
    I ended up paying only $145 for myh V710 at VZ because I was able to use the $100 every two conbined a rebate. I knew the V710 was coming out long before it was advertised so I held back from using my every two just for this purpose. I've had nothing but Audivox phone until this past year when I got a T730. I more impressed with Motorola than the audiovox which lead me to purchasing the V710.

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Quatre
    But it seems that I cannot turn speakerphone on or off during a call with teh speaker button. is my phone defective? I have to hit the speaker button which opens obey moto voice command and then hit the right guidance button to toggle speakerphone on or off before i make a call and then i am stuck with it either on or off for that entire call and cannot change until i hang up. you can see how this sucks.

One of the reasons i got this phone is for full duplex speakerphone but this is a limited speakerphone already to say the least with no closed flip but now this is unacceptable. i haven't seen anyone else complain about this so i'm assuming my phone is defective. Does this warrant a return even though it is a day or 2 after my 15th day?

Further, when i hit speaker button in call it does nothing but when i hold it down it records a voice memo I'm assuming of the call as long as i hold it down.
    My phone does the same thing as well, could someone possibly shed some light on this issue, please.

Device(s)
    LG Voyager (VX10000)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Guys for starting this thread, I have found a whole lot of very helpfull information in this thread and I wanted to commend the people that have contributed to it...

Thanks
    -Chris

Device(s)
    LG Voyager (VX10000)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Tation
    As far as the headphones...
    To me, the FM radio ones DO look like that you could use them to listen to MP3s with. It says that they tie into the phone and you use the D-pad to change stations with. So it is more than just using the power from the battery. I know that the motorola connector on the bottom of the phone has conenctions for a mic and outgoing sound so there is no technical reason they shouldn't work.

I have the stereo headphone set from moto...it works good as far as the radio goes and calls, but there is no stereo when playing mp3's so you would still need the headphones from motorola that allow stereo playback

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by KrispyV710
    I have the stereo headphone set from moto...it works good as far as the radio goes and calls, but there is no stereo when playing mp3's so you would still need the headphones from motorola that allow stereo playback
    yeah i've heard this and it totally sucks. you need to buy 2 headphones if you want radio and then mp3s in stereo as the radio headphones only play mp3 in mono.

Device(s)
    LG Voyager (VX10000)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Seta
    yeah i've heard this and it totally sucks. you need to buy 2 headphones if you want radio and then mp3s in stereo as the radio headphones only play mp3 in mono.
    yup it does suck,

here are some phones that look like they don't suck

Head Set

Has anyone heard anyting about price or if I can listen to MP3's with my V710 (through bluetooth conection) with these phones

Thanks

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have a transflash question. if i want to buy a 128 MB TF card but they are coming out with the 256 MB so i will want to upgrade to that. my question is that can i use the TF card inside the adpater it comes with and use it like a regular SD card for my camera/mp3 player

Thanx in advance

Device(s)
    V710
    Feedback Score
    Mine seems to work fine as a normal SD memory card inside it's adaptor. I use it in my HP pocket PC all the time.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Is this phone capable of playing .qcp files? (I couldnt find anything stating it, so I guess it doesnt) - if not, is there a way to convert a qcp to either mid or mp3 (theres a voicemail alert that I wanna use, but its in qcp format)

Device(s)
    SCH-i760
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    In this tutorial from Nuclear Elephant Enabling PIX Server Changes. It tells you what to editand links to a how to edit, but fails to mention what changes to make. Does anyone here know what to change within SEEM 41A?

"The first step is to enable PIX server change permissions on the handset. To do this, you'll need to enable a SEEM bit on your handset corresponding to this access permission. When set, you'll be able to create new "PIX Servers" on the handset and set one as a default for PIX data. See the v710 seem page for information on how to edit your seem. On the v710, this is byte 62, bit 5 in seem 41A rec 1 (Len: 7A). Once you have uploaded the modified seem, reboot your phone."

http://www.nuclearelephant.com/proje...ilgw/v710.html

Device(s)
    Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ok my question is for sending pics from my comp to v710 through email(cell#@vzwpix.com) i receive the files wen i go to DL i just get an unable to DL...try again later. I signed up for the pix/vids on VZ i dont know wat the problem is. They arent big files...10-50kb. I updated my phone with *228...i shut it off after i signed up for the pix thing. I just got it about 3 days ago so i want to change the wallpaper as of now. Then i am getting 128 or 256 sd card for my mp3 ringers. Is it not working b/c i am sending the pix from AOL? any help would be great...i tried about 4-5 diff pix and they said unable to DL...try again later.

Thanks Steve
    Last edited by Steveizdaman; 11-23-2004 at 02:28 AM.

Device(s)
    Motorola v710
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score

how to set up DUN

Hi...I have searched thru all the threads on the V710 and have not been able to find any simple instruction on how to set up my phone with my laptop for internet access. Any help would be appreciated....Thanks!
    Last edited by DTress; 11-26-2004 at 05:19 PM.
    Life is an "E" ride...hang on tight

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon CDMA
    Feedback Score

Re: how to set up DUN

Originally posted by DTress
    Hi...I have searched thru all the threads on the V710 and have not been able to find any simple instruction on how to set up my phone with my laptop for internet access. Any help would be appreciated....Thanks!
    I'd second that! I have a bluetooth laptop, and I don't have a clue how to use my V710 to connect it to the internet.

Do I have to have a dial up account with an ISP to do this?
    -David

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast