Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL V710 FAQ

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon CDMA
    Feedback Score

Add Latest SW version to FAQ

Just a suggestion: it would be really helpful to add the latest software version number onto the FAQ on an ongoing basis, with instructions on how to find the version of your phone, and also how to upgrade.

Thanks!
    -David

Device(s)
    iphone 3G 16 White
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Is anyone using the HF800 Wireless Portable Speaker?

Is anyone using the Motorola HF800 Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker with the 710? Is it any good? It seems like a good idea for in car use.

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Laptop connection using bluetooth

Just bumping the request for someone to post how to get on the internet with a laptop using a V710/bluetooth connection on Verizon.

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    is there any way to emai lgames or applacations to my phone i have many games and apps in .jar or .jad? and with any of the headset can i skip or replay a mp3 with out opening hte phone?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon CDMA
    Feedback Score

Re: Laptop connection using bluetooth

Originally posted by DWeeB
    Just bumping the request for someone to post how to get on the internet with a laptop using a V710/bluetooth connection on Verizon.
    I spoke with Verizon technical support about this last night. The guy said that this is currently not possible. Motorola is supposedly working on a firmware fix that will allow a bluetooth connection to the internet for a laptop, but until then you must use the USB cable.

He said he gets many calls each week on this topic. He said that their department has followed up with Motorola frequently, and each time they are told "coming soon!".

Does anyone have any better info than this?

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'm kinda confused by this, Can I use regular headphones to listen to Mp3's or I am forced to use a Motorola headset?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Tation
    What works for me..
    I use the Futuredial cable a LOT more than the USB cable.
    I use Bitim to download files from the phone with the FD cable.
    I use Mediamanager to upload files to the phone with the FD cable.
    I use Truesync to sync my contacts and calendar with outlook using the FD cable.
    I use the FD cable and Bluetooth to use the phone as a modem.
    I use P2K to edit seems using the USB cable. (only time I use the USB cable)
    Hi Tation,

I read in a recent message of yours "I use the FD cable and Bluetooth to use the phone as a modem."

I would like to use the bluetooth connection with my laptop for internet access.

Have you been able to do that? Verizon tech told me it wasn't currently possible due to a problem with the firmware. He said we needed to await a firmware upgrade to make it work.

I'd love to learn how you did it!

Device(s)
    LG 4400
    Feedback Score
    Link for the drivers for Futuredial datacable so you dont have to navigate.

http://www.futuredial.com/support/do...%20Drivers.zip

Device(s)
    LG 4400
    Feedback Score
    help guys i cant get the future dial usb driver to work.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8830
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Been playing around all day with this phone and let me say its frustrating! Found out most of what i wanted to know except this; Is it possible to set songs i put on my trans flash as the ringer without having to actually move them to the phone? If this is the case this phone is going back tomorrow

Device(s)
    Moto V710
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Wow yet ANOTHER Problem! I have an old Moto HS800 Bluetooth headset. The phone WILL not find it! When I use my bluetooth PC adaptor the PC see's the headset just fine, but the phone cant find it! This phone is really pissing me off!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Don't know how much this will help. I previously owned a LG VX6000, so I'm just starting to get accustomed to this Motorola. I got the phone today and I am using it as a modem through bluetooth. (It only connects at 115.2kps though. My VX6000 connected at 230kps the futuredial cable, so I'm not sure if it's just because I'm on bluetooth or it's just the phone.) I basically already had the bluetooth adapters and such installed on my laptop. I then made the phone "discoverable" and found the phone on my laptop. On the Verizon dialer, I went to menu and selected "switch wireless device" until it found the bluetooth connection. After that, it connects just fine. Hopefully that helped anyone. At first it wasn't working because it was still looking for the USB instead of the bluetooth. Now I have to finish reading the rest of the threads to figure out how to transfer my data from my old phone.

Device(s)
    Now:
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Jef
    There really isn't much from the Transflash point of view of things.

1. Open Package.
    2. insert TF card into slot on top (Pins face the front of the phone)
    3. Go to Media on phone, and select options
    4. Switch Media Device from PHONE to TRI-MMC
    5. You are now browsing the TF card and it's contents

For using it on the PC

1. Remove from Phone
    2. Place in SD adapter
    3. Go to Drive that is the SD adapter on your system and open the contents
    4. You can create it just like any other drive for copying folders and data too.

The moto will create a file structure on the TF the first time, but it doesn't seem to be relevant.

On the root of my card I have a few directories called WALLPAPERS, PHOTOS, MP3, RINGTONES, MOVIES

I can copy MP3s, JPGs, 3G2 (movies) files back and forth between the phone and TF no matter what folder I had them in on the TF.

To record your video or photos from the camera to the TF, you have to change the "Storage device" option in the camera settings as well. Photos can placed in the root of the TF, while videos are in the motorola\video folder I believe.

That's about it.

What version is that, that allows you to do that with the tf card? Also if I have a more updated and locked out phone which doenst allow that feature is there a program and a update file that I could use to change it back?

If there is can you please at least post me the names and if you dont mind any download links?

01000110 01010101 01000011 01001011 00100000 01010110 01000101 01010010 01001001 01011010 01001111 01001110 00100000 01000010 01001111 01011001 01000011 01001111 01010100 01010100 00100000 01000111 01001001 01001110 00100001

Device(s)
    Now:
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Jef
    There really isn't much from the Transflash point of view of things.

1. Open Package.
    2. insert TF card into slot on top (Pins face the front of the phone)
    3. Go to Media on phone, and select options
    4. Switch Media Device from PHONE to TRI-MMC
    5. You are now browsing the TF card and it's contents

For using it on the PC

1. Remove from Phone
    2. Place in SD adapter
    3. Go to Drive that is the SD adapter on your system and open the contents
    4. You can create it just like any other drive for copying folders and data too.

The moto will create a file structure on the TF the first time, but it doesn't seem to be relevant.

On the root of my card I have a few directories called WALLPAPERS, PHOTOS, MP3, RINGTONES, MOVIES

I can copy MP3s, JPGs, 3G2 (movies) files back and forth between the phone and TF no matter what folder I had them in on the TF.

To record your video or photos from the camera to the TF, you have to change the "Storage device" option in the camera settings as well. Photos can placed in the root of the TF, while videos are in the motorola\video folder I believe.

That's about it.

What version is that, that allows you to do that with the tf card? Also if I have a more updated and locked out phone which doenst allow that feature is there a program and a update file that I could use to change it back?

If there is can you please at least post me the names and if you dont mind any download links?

Device(s)
    v710
    Feedback Score
    yeah some genius' around here made flashes to fix this, but use at your own risk!!

http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...hreadid=513683

http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...hreadid=488160

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast