Thread: OFFICIAL V710 FAQ

Hybrid View

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

OK people we need to pull together.....

Who hear wants to help me put together a FAQ for the V710. I know it will require alot of work. Im willing to work on it because i love the phone so much and alot of answers are here and are just to hard to sift through because of all the threads. Who wants to help me?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score

FAQ

I wish there was some way to change the forum title. This should be "Working on the FAQ."

In any case, I think it's an excellent idea. If anything, it can be the final result of this "temporary" discussion.

We need sections, of course. Mod10 gave us a great start:

* Transflash
    * Bluetooth
    * Speakerphone
    * Display
    * Accessories
    * Camera

Accessories is a little vague and transflash is, conceivably, a sub-category.

Let's work on the primary categories and briefly what would be answered in them. Then people can start posting their own answers. For instance, we've already seen a great answer on creating video for the v710.

[list=1][*]Where to buy? (e.g. keep it current with no future speculation)[*]Bluetooth and XP[*]Bluetooth and OSX[*]Bluetooth and PDAs[*]Bluetooth Accessories (headsets, and ???)[*]Speakerphone[*]Display[*]Cases[*]Cables[*]Chargers and Batteries[*]Car Kits (including bluetooth to cars like Acura TL)[*]Headsets (BT, speakerphone add-ons, etc)[*]Still Pictures -- quality, taking, wallpapers, etc.[*]Video -- converting to, getting from, messaging, etc.[*]MP3 -- internal memory, messaging, transflash uses, etc.[*]Detailed Stats (memory, chipset, etc.)[*]Keypad[*]Voice recognition[*]Contacts and Syncing[*]GIN - Gaming[*]GIN - Messaging[*]GIN - Media (pix, flix, tones)[*]GIN - Other[*]Physical Size Comparisons[*]PC Apps (e.g. phone tools, BitPim, etc.)[*] Known Issues[*]Firmware differences and "features"[*]?[/list=1]

Anything else? Any volunteers to start filling out sections? If someone posts well writting FAQs for sections above, I can edit this post and add them in. This needs to be a living document.

Last edited by lilbyrdie; 08-03-2004 at 11:09 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    In process of forming if you would like to add anything please post. Thanks

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Please see my post in this thread:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=425950

And mods, it would be great if these could be merged.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by lilbyrdie
    Please see my post in this thread:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=425950

And mods, it would be great if these could be merged.

and Sticky please

Device(s)
    HTC VX6800
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Here is the CTX file for using the MPT 2.x with the Futuredial cable:

I modified it, and put basic instructions in the comments in the file.

It works wonderful for syncing with Outlook for my calendar and contacts.

MM is disabled, and it is commented my Moto that this is by Verizon in the file. this makes me doubt we will get OBEX in the firmware upgrade.

J
    Attached Files Attached Files

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Jef
    Here is the CTX file for using the MPT 2.x with the Futuredial cable:

I modified it, and put basic instructions in the comments in the file.

It works wonderful for syncing with Outlook for my calendar and contacts.

MM is disabled, and it is commented my Moto that this is by Verizon in the file. this makes me doubt we will get OBEX in the firmware upgrade.

J
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    how about how to receive email? POP3 and IMAP?

Device(s)
    Touch Pro (Sprint to VZW Conversion)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Needs:

- transflash filesystem structure
    - How the outside display is changed
    - copying files to/from the transflash/phone/pixmessage
    - cases
    - how to remove the battery cover
    - hidden menu steps

It also would be nice if someone could put together a template (in a .pdf perhaps) so one could cut out perfect fit screen protectors.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Avant SM-G386T (T-Mobile), BlackBerry Bold 9900 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    How to pair your Palm Tungsten T3 (or any other Bluetooth enabled Palm) to the V710 via Bluetooth to get a 1xRTT internet connection look HERE

How to pair your Bluetooth enabled Sony Clie to the V710 via Bluetooth to get a 1xRTT internet connection look HERE
    Sam K

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Sam K
    How to pair your Palm Tungsten T3 (or any other Bluetooth enabled Palm) to the V710 via Bluetooth to get a 1xRTT internet connection look HERE

How to pair your Bluetooth enabled Sony Clie to the V710 via Bluetooth to get a 1xRTT internet connection look HERE

Thanks Sam I added them.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    ***Transflash

**Where to Buy? You can currently purchase it at Amazon, buy.com, and Radio Shack. Usually buy.com or Amazon is the cheapest. A discussion is HERE

***Bluetooth

**Headsets:

*"Phone Doesn’t Ring When Headset is on" This is in design of the phone more info Here

*Discussion on what is the best Bluetooth headset HERE

**Data Connectivity:

*To Get Your IPAQ/Palm or Laptop Connected to your phone for internet look HERE

*How to pair your Palm Tungsten T3 (or any other Bluetooth enabled Palm) to the V710 via Bluetooth to get a 1xRTT internet connection look HERE

*How to pair your Bluetooth enabled Sony Clie to the V710 via Bluetooth to get a 1xRTT internet connection look HERE

***Speakerphone

**Currently you cannot use the speakerphone if you have the phone closed. Discussed HERE

***Display

**Getting Scratches on phone

*Display itself discussed HERE

*Outside the phone: I Pulled this from the Motorola forum which should be able to use for V710 HERE

***Accessories

**Phone tools:

*Phone Tools and Bluetooth: As of right now there is a problem with getting phone tools to see the phone with Bluetooth. According to a post it should be fixed in a later release. You can discuss it HERE

*Phone tools and Futuredial cable: Jef modified this in a zip file and has basic instructions in the file. Syncs Outlook for Calendar and contacts.

*Desktop Charger: Does it work? Discussed HERE

***Camera

**My pictures have lines going through them. Is the phone defective?” Right now when ever you take a picture inside it will look terrible. If you take them outside they look outstanding. Also make sure you change the default setting to the highest setting if you are looking on getting better pictures. Some discussions:

*HERE some examples.

***Other

**Phonebook:

*To change so you don’t see the persons name for each phone book entry look HERE

**Wallpaper:

*Good Place to look for wallpaper HERE

**Email/Instant Messaging

*”How do you get email access on your phone?” The only way right now is using the Get IT Now App called sodapop.

*How do you get MSN/AOL/YAHOO messenger on my phone” As of right now you can not. When Verizon launches the phone they should be added but not for sure. It is discussed HERE

**Bugs

*Discussion HERE

Device(s)
    RAZR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    sorry if I mess up the thread, but great job fella's. This was a great idea.

how about one on how to copy files from the phone via transflash and what can/can't be stored on the transflash card (ringtones you download and supposedly your phone book).

And is there any discussion on using the phone with a Macintosh. A lot of us music and artwork peeps using Mac and have this phone.

Feedback Score
    really would love a step by step instruction on how to use the trasflash to the best of its ability...my tf card and stuff are in the mail, and really want to be able to know how to download mp3s etc....and how much more the tf card can do beyond that....thanks

Device(s)
    HTC VX6800
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There really isn't much from the Transflash point of view of things.

1. Open Package.
    2. insert TF card into slot on top (Pins face the front of the phone)
    3. Go to Media on phone, and select options
    4. Switch Media Device from PHONE to TRI-MMC
    5. You are now browsing the TF card and it's contents

For using it on the PC

1. Remove from Phone
    2. Place in SD adapter
    3. Go to Drive that is the SD adapter on your system and open the contents
    4. You can create it just like any other drive for copying folders and data too.

The moto will create a file structure on the TF the first time, but it doesn't seem to be relevant.

On the root of my card I have a few directories called WALLPAPERS, PHOTOS, MP3, RINGTONES, MOVIES

I can copy MP3s, JPGs, 3G2 (movies) files back and forth between the phone and TF no matter what folder I had them in on the TF.

To record your video or photos from the camera to the TF, you have to change the "Storage device" option in the camera settings as well. Photos can placed in the root of the TF, while videos are in the motorola\video folder I believe.

That's about it.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast