Thread: Unsupported Content type

Phones
    Motorola V3m -Alltel Flash
    Motorola V710 - my alarm clock
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Unsupported Content type

Ok, so i've done some searching around here and i can't find anything about this problem i'm having. i have set up one of those free wap ips using nowwap and i can get on no problem. unfortunately, when i try to downlolad a ringtone off of a site i keep getting the same error message:

"Unsupported content type"

now i know that the items i am trying to download is of file extension .mid so i figured this was a supported type considering the v710 can play them. if anyone wants to give it a try i've been to polyphonicringtonez.com/wap and www.ringtonenation.com/wap/index.php . Please help with this problem... IT"S DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
    -Kev

Phones
    treo 650
    motorola v710
    lg vx9800
    Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    how about sharing the free wap info that works..i've been trying. as for the unsupported file type issue...

how about using yahoo mail to send it to your phone ...that is the only way i've been able to use new ringtones...

s

Phones
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Okay, the only way I could get the free wap to work was to use Now.Wap . It's a program I found that someone talked about on another forum (http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=387572). Go down to the ninth post (posted by Bushido) What it does basically is allow you to use your broadband/cable connection as the gateway for wap. This way you use your own IP and you know that you will always have a reliable connection.

Pros: Reliable connection. You can choose to use it by yourself or set up usernames to share with friends.

Cons: To use it you have to leave your computer on and leave Now.Wap running (it has an option to run it as a service, ie. it will start up everytime you start up your computer). If your computer is set up to get an IP dynamically, your IP can change and then you have to keep changing the settings on your phone.

To me the fact that you can always trust it being there when you need it out-weighs the cons.

Hope this helps!

Phones
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Another question... I don't seem to be getting any pictures on this now. I was able to see pictures before but now I dont seem to be able to see them.

Phone
    VX8100
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    so your computer has to be near your phone also or it jsut has to be on?

Phones
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    just has to be on

Phones
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    disregard the no pics reply... i figured it out. but if anyone can suggest something for the error message please do!!

thanks

Phones
    LG VX9100
    LG VX8350
    Motorola KRZR K1m (Vivo Flash)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Verizon doesn't allow downloading off of WAP, since it is bypassing their Get-It-Now. Download the ringer to your computer, change it to a .mid, then use www.vzwpix.com to send it to your phone.

Phones
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    yeah, i figured that was the case... darn verizon.. oh well, thanks for the info...