Thread: Sendo M551

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Sendo M551

Has anyone seen this handset up close? I'd like to see some more photos. Phonescoop shows it as tenative for T-Mobile.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=458

Device(s)
    PDA2k this thursday. : )
    Feedback Score
    looks weird.
    this people are the ones i love!!!
    C-Dub,whiz,Moderator HF 2,BoOMOnE,absolutjenn,evilgabbie
    ,simplyred ,~W~,aznstar
    MY HEROES IN THIS FORUM

Device(s)
    Motorola v400
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I have seen and held the phone. They have it for Cincinnati Bell. It is nice and small very simple but the screen is very little, about the size of a v60 color. Nothing special.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by loganfox13
    I have seen and held the phone. They have it for Cincinnati Bell. It is nice and small very simple but the screen is very little, about the size of a v60 color. Nothing special.
    Looks very classy...but yeah I have heard and read the same thing about the screen.

Device(s)
    Sendo X
    Carrier(s)
    Orange
    Feedback Score

The M550 has been a big hit in the UK & Europe where at it's attractive price the phone garnered good reviews and customer support.

Measured against some of the more recent handsets, sure the phone lacks the likes of bluetooth, Mp3 players, downloadable wallpapers etc. But if all you want is a stylish phone that does the job at an attractive price then it fits the bill.

Feedback Score
    Actually got a M551 today in mail by accident(was supposed to get a M56 Siemens...but the seller sent the wrong one).

THe design is sleek...smooth, and small in size. However, the front external faceplate is scratched up good...and it is EASY to scratch on that one.

FUnction-wise it is okay...but, the wallpaper is NOT a stand-alone option to change!!! You have to change the THEME...the whole color of side-bars and wallpaper.

GPRS speed is as slow as my Samsung(my T616 and NOkia 3100 are much faster)...but it'll do.

the dual-screen is nice. External screen shows your network, battery and RF meter, and time & date. Internal one looks decent, too.

RF is a mix-bag...it's not too bad, but since the RF meter only has 4 bars...I have several occassions that the bar is none-existed and I can still place good call... Now, the sensitivity is a big issue here...do NOT put your finger on joint area when the phone's open...(which isn't easy since that's the natural position of your finger would be). I see the RF meter drops 2 bars(remember, this one has 4 as full) if I do that...

Sound Quality is actually very good. Good low end and not too much high-end...kind of like Motorola. Volume is decent, although not as loud as my good old P280.

ONe smart(or bad, in some ways) design is that the charger plug is THE SAME as headphone plug, and I can use my Motorola OEM Headphone in there. SOUnd quality is very good, too.

But this also means if you wanna charge your phone AND use your headset...you have to choose one and forgo the other.

Overall, a kind-of-strange phone but is okay... However, I heard that this one is no longer available since T-mobile cancels it... In fact, on my phone now(I'm using Cingular) the Cingular brand is shown as "Cingular Extended" instead...although the phone is unlocked(both SIM and browser).