Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: How Cingular does things. (Comparison shop with other providers)

Device(s)
    AT&T Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    CSD is no longer offered.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubledip29
    well, we changed service from sprint yesterday - but i have a question - cingular doesn't offer the insurance for the treo 650 phone my wife decided to go with because it is similar to the pda phone she had with sprint. is there an alternative way to get your pda/phone insured?
    Your homeowner's insurance may offer protection for such devices.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 7290
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubledip29
    well, we changed service from sprint yesterday - but i have a question - cingular doesn't offer the insurance for the treo 650 phone my wife decided to go with because it is similar to the pda phone she had with sprint. is there an alternative way to get your pda/phone insured?
    not through Cingular that I know of, but ask your home / car / renters insurance if you can add it to your existing coverage
    -kilo <<I used to work as a Customer Service Representative and then as a Tier II Technical Support Representative for Cingular Wireless LLC most of my info you can associate with TX OK AR KS MO>>

Device(s)
    Razr V3
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

No Charge for just looking.

[QUOTE=justmeagain]... that I am ALSO charged 10cent everytime I just REREAD an already saved text message on my phone. .

I am an agent for Cingular and let me assure you... YOU ARE NOT BEING CHARGED TO REREAD A TEXT MESSAGE. I'm confident the CSR that told you that perhaps just started working their... yesterday and has not had all their high level on line training.

Last edited by pdirish1953; 03-04-2006 at 01:31 PM. Reason: miss spelling

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 7290
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=pdirish1953]
    Quote Originally Posted by justmeagain
    ... that I am ALSO charged 10cent everytime I just REREAD an already saved text message on my phone. .

I am an agent for Cingular and let me assure you... YOU ARE NOT BEING CHARGED TO REREAD A TEXT MESSAGE. I'm confident the CSR that told you that perhaps just started working their... yesterday and has not had all their high level on line training.
    That's exactly right, remember that thing about "only charged when using the towers". Since with Cingular and many others only charge you when you receive the message, not when you read it, or reread it, or delete it, or whatever. After it's on that phone feel free to do whatever with it, only sending or receiving a text message will get you charged.

Device(s)
    Nokia
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    When looking through the board, I saw a signature that outlined a Cingular Family talk plan with unlimited m2m talk and m2m text... Does this really exist? I'm hesitant to change my current plan because Cingular accidentally gave me free unlimited text messaging on my 16 yr. old daughter's line (2000+ msgs/mo.) and I'm afraid it will get caught --hence I'm still running with a 3yr old phone.

Along the same line... if I upgrade 2 of 3 phones on my family talk, will they even look at the third phone info?

Device(s)
    RAZR V3i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    couple things about what was stated....

i know it is possible, because i got it done once,and only once. but when i wanna change rate plans, they always go into effect at the start of the next billing cycle. they never give it to me then. which, for the most part is good and ok with me. but i do know, that when i had a local plan(when they existed) instead of a national(local plans had NO free roaming, had to pay extra roam charges.) but when i decided to go to vegas on short noticed, i called cingular and got it switched to a national RIGHT THEN since i needed it right then. how come nobody wants to give you this anymore. always at the start of the next cycle?

also, not that it will ever change, or anything, but it does suck that if someone sends me a text, i get charged, whether i read it or not. i have no control over who sends me a text, or someone sending it to the wrong person(ie: me).....

very well put together post though

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 7290
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 91-stang
    also, not that it will ever change, or anything, but it does suck that if someone sends me a text, i get charged, whether i read it or not. i have no control over who sends me a text, or someone sending it to the wrong person(ie: me).....
    You can create some Text Messaging restrictions via:
    http://www.cingularme.com

Device(s)
    RAZR V3i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kilo
    You can create some Text Messaging restrictions via:
    http://www.cingularme.com
    cool, thanx

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 7290
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hail2theorange
    When looking through the board, I saw a signature that outlined a Cingular Family talk plan with unlimited m2m talk and m2m text... Does this really exist? I'm hesitant to change my current plan because Cingular accidentally gave me free unlimited text messaging on my 16 yr. old daughter's line (2000+ msgs/mo.) and I'm afraid it will get caught --hence I'm still running with a 3yr old phone.

Along the same line... if I upgrade 2 of 3 phones on my family talk, will they even look at the third phone info?
    I can't find a cingular plan with unlimited m2m txt.

They will look at the third phone info if you change the price plan for the family talk, and they will likely remove that feature (it's almost required you do that when changing plans).

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson z520a
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Maybe I missed it somewhere here, but... since you are charged for incoming text messages, do they count towards your text message add-on plan? Meaning, I get the 50 messages per month for $3, I send a message and have 49 left, I receive a message and have... 49 left or 48?

Device(s)
    RAZR V3i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_H
    Maybe I missed it somewhere here, but... since you are charged for incoming text messages, do they count towards your text message add-on plan? Meaning, I get the 50 messages per month for $3, I send a message and have 49 left, I receive a message and have... 49 left or 48?
    i am pretty sure the incoming is included in the $3. meaning, you send 28 and recieve 12, that makes 40 of your 50, leaving 10 more. but you won't get charged 10 cents each unless you go over your 50 for the month. then it will be 10 cents for each one over 50.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson z520a
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    K, that's what I figured. Thanks

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 7290
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_H
    I receive a message and have... 49 left or 48?
    You would have 48 left.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Roaming:

Also be wary of roaming. I doubt this will be an issue for most of you, but be careful. If you're on a Nationwide Plan, they say you never have to pay for roaming or long distance. This is true. However, if you read the fine print, Cingular states:

Cingular reserves the right to terminate your service if less than 50% of your usage over three consecutive billing cycles is on Cingular-owned systems.

Therefore, if you are using someone else's tower more than 50% of the time over three billing cycles, Cingular may terminate your service. However, before you reach such an occurence, you should be notified by Cingular first.

I bought my phone and plan from a Cingular store 0.49 miles away from me. I can walk there in 10 minutes. However, when I am physically at home or in my neighborhood, my phone negotiates with another tower. All of my calls to and from my neighborhood (including the inside of my house, of course) is considered roaming. If you see FFMR on your bill (Follow-Me-Roaming), be sure it doesn't account for more than 50% of your usage for a 3-month billing cycle.

If it does and you must continue to use your phone in that particular area, Cingular will notify you. You simply have two choices:

1) Stop using your phone in that area so much

2) Be released without obligation (no cancellation fee) by Cingular where they may also advise you to switch to the company's tower/s you are using most.

The reason for this policy is that Cingular has likely negotiated policies and partnerships with other wireless carriers to use their towers (hence, no roaming charges). Cingular has to pay more to keep you as a customer if you are using another carrier's tower all the time.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast