Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Working Overwrite, Delete and Download using BitPim

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Working Overwrite, Delete and Download using BitPim

I am finaly able to download, delete and overwrite files using bitpm .7..15 official.
    I am using the standard motorola cable (straight cable with a charging port) from my 270.
    I had to use the usbser.sys dated 8/8/2000 from p2kman.
    The problem was XP did not accept the driver from p2kman, so I had to manually do it by..

Unplug my cable
    Copy usbser.sys too C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386
    Delete the usbser.sys driver from C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
    Copy the p2kman version to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
    Plug usb cable back in and check that the version matches the p2kman version

BitPim now works great, I hope this is not old news. I searched but did not see where someone was able to put files back before.

A side note, im running xp sp2.

,Dave

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thank you, will try later.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Feedback Score
    It does work for copying from phone & overwriting to phone, but no adding new files on their own. Overwrote a picture & a video no prob. BitPim is shaky & crashes frequently though.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, someone had mentioned this earlier...
    The other thread also mentioned that you can overwrite the two included MP3s if you wanted different ringtones in that format...

Device(s)
    128GB iPhone 6s Plus (soon)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I didn't get to switch to the older USBSER.SYS but I was able to browse and delete files from the V710 directly with Bitpim 0.7.16.

I noticed a file in the nvm\seem folder called eri_verizon.nv. It downloaded it and looks a lot like the eri.bin of the other phones and has the Verizon Wireless A and B banners, along with Extended Network, and so on. Unfortunately I wasn't able to overwrite the file, as Bitpim reports an error doing that. But, I'll try an older version of USBSER.SYS and see if it'll allow me.

Also, WebSession contains the locked VZW session profile I'd like to get rid of permanently, but zeroing the data out is probably not a good idea.

Lastly, brw_openwave_splash is actually a 176x183 GIF file of the OpenWave and RSA logo. I'll see if I can change that one as well.

Good find, man!

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Im not able to overwrite the eri either.

If you edit the websession file and change the follwing offsets you'll be able to delete the VZW entry

Change Offset 4 to 03
    Change Offset 5 to 00

You can change brw_openwave_splash to anything you want also, just keep it in that size.

,Dave

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You can change the eri using the Moto PST.
    It says if failed for me when I wrote it, but, when it reads it back and you check the phone it does change it.

,Dave

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    superdavex -- is that you, superdave from i700 world?! I see you like to dig into whatever gadgetry you purchase!

Did you ever decide what to do with your i700 SW/source?

Hope you add 1/2 as much to the v710 world as you did to the i700 world.

David

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hey David,

Yeah thats me, I have'nt figured out what im doing with the code yet. Depends on how long I stay with the 710 I guess. Not sure I can do as much here, brew is locked down pretty good. I think our best bet will be if its released to another carrier with java.

,Dave

Device(s)
    Motorola v551
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Hey dave!

You never cease to amaze me, Dave! Keep up the good work!
    lol
    Steve White
    v551 Fanatic!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys, it's me, Raphael143 from PDAPhoneHome.com. I had missed my i700, but it's all but forgotten now with the V710! Hope you can hack away at the V710 as much as you did with the i700!

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Bitpim, close, but no cigar

I've been succesfully using MPT to sync my phone book. And I can use my Transflash card to move pictures and sounds back and forth, so I'm not too bad off.

I've tried using Bitpim (7.15 and 7.16) with my Motorola data cable and I find that it's nearly working.

I can browse the file hierarchy starting with '/'; I can even get to the Transflash card at /mmc1. I can succesfully copy large files to and from the V710.

However I can't expand any of the following directories in the hierarchy.

/motorola/shared/audio
    /motorola/shared/picture
    /mmc1/motorola/shared/picture

When I try to I see the "Retrieving..." subdirectory and then get a popup message which indicates that Bitpim timed out waiting for a reply.

Examination of the logs shows that (for /motorola/shared/picture) it got stuck waiting in the middle of the enumeration of the files.

I changed Bitpim's timeout from 3 seconds to 9 seconds but that didn't change the results at all. It still hangs up immediately after sending the same file entry.

I've also tried different versions of usbser.sys, but no change.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Rich Fritzson

Device(s)
    vx8100
    Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    i'm able to do all the transferring with bitpim also, including overwriting the two included mp3s. i tried creating a playlist, so i would have an extra file to overwrite, but that just crashed the phone.

bitpim is able to transfer files onto the phone, but only in the root directory. from there, has anyone found a way to move the file into its correct location? (i think bitpim was supposed to be able to transfer into any directory, but its kinda buggy)

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: Working Overwrite, Delete and Download using BitPim

Originally posted by superdavex
    I am finaly able to download, delete and overwrite files using bitpm .7..15 official.
    I am using the standard motorola cable (straight cable with a charging port) from my 270.
    I had to use the usbser.sys dated 8/8/2000 from p2kman.
    The problem was XP did not accept the driver from p2kman, so I had to manually do it by..

Unplug my cable
    Copy usbser.sys too C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386
    Delete the usbser.sys driver from C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
    Copy the p2kman version to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
    Plug usb cable back in and check that the version matches the p2kman version

BitPim now works great, I hope this is not old news. I searched but did not see where someone was able to put files back before.

A side note, im running xp sp2.

,Dave

Can you please post a link to the drivers?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Join http://vstuff.co.uk and go to the Essential Files page - you can find the drivers there, as well as other programs such as Motorola mobile PhoneTools 3.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast