Thread: can i split my family plan into two separate lines?

Carriers
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score

can i split my family plan into two separate lines?

i currently have a family plan. but i want to split it into two separate lines... i want to go from having the 99.99 1600 min with free n/w to having to separate 39.99 600 min with free n/w plans. is that possible? will i have two separate bills?

Phones
    Nokia Ngage
    Blackberry 6230
    Nokia 3650
    Carrier
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    Yes you can but keep in mind you'll have two accounts for a temporary moment (look at the billing statement and you'll see an old account number and a different new account number) in addition be aware of the following:

1) since you stated you want the free n/w plan you must agree to a one year contract on each line that takes this plan otherwise ride out the existing contract and add the $4.99/month unl n.

2) you will get a pro-rated bill on the family plan and in addition a pro-rated bill on the single line plans so yes you will get two billing statements. When making a payment make certain you either send out a payment separately to each account (your account number will change) and tell the rep if you call in payments that you want to pay on an old account otherwise all payments will be applied to the new account number (I've seen accounts turned over to collections because a person didn't realise when they pay that should state that they want to pay on an old account).

3) you may lose the 500 sms/$2.99 tzones/$9.99 tzones pro (old) feature/s if you have this on either line as these are grandfathered feature.

4) If you been with tmobile for 11 months, on a family plan of $69.99 base or higher, or have been on the $39.99 plan before being put on family plans then you may want to do a handset upgrade before the change as a lot of workers get lazy and don't research previous account history to see if you qualify.
    Last edited by EPIC_TRUTH; 08-26-2004 at 12:22 AM.
    Please call 1-800-937-8997 on a different phone so we can help you...

Need to know how to interface your phone to your device.

Need help setting up your email client on the phone click on this for setting it up.

What is your proxy setting then go to what to input for the settings

Carriers
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by EPIC_TRUTH
    Yes you can but keep in mind you'll have two accounts for a temporary moment (look at the billing statement and you'll see an old account number and a different new account number) in addition be aware of the following:

1) since you stated you want the free n/w plan you must agree to a one year contract on each line that takes this plan otherwise ride out the existing contract and add the $4.99/month unl n.

2) you will get a pro-rated bill on the family plan and in addition a pro-rated bill on the single line plans so yes you will get two billing statements. When making a payment make certain you either send out a payment separately to each account (your account number will change) and tell the rep if you call in payments that you want to pay on an old account otherwise all payments will be applied to the new account number (I've seen accounts turned over to collections because a person didn't realise when they pay that should state that they want to pay on an old account).

3) you may lose the 500 sms/$2.99 tzones/$9.99 tzones pro (old) feature/s if you have this on either line as these are grandfathered feature.

4) If you been with tmobile for 11 months, on a family plan of $69.99 base or higher, or have been on the $39.99 plan before being put on family plans then you may want to do a handset upgrade before the change as a lot of workers get lazy and don't research previous account history to see if you qualify.
    ok. thanks.

Phones
    iPhone 4
    Atrix 4G
    Nokia E51
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have a question about family plans. Say I have four lines, if I take out one line will I be charged an ETF?

Phone
    Moto Cliq
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Delta
    I have a question about family plans. Say I have four lines, if I take out one line will I be charged an ETF?
    I believe each line is under a separate contract, so no ETF as long as the line you cancel is out of contract.

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by EPIC_TRUTH

4) If you been with tmobile for 11 months, on a family plan of $69.99 base or higher, or have been on the $39.99 plan before being put on family plans then you may want to do a handset upgrade before the change as a lot of workers get lazy and don't research previous account history to see if you qualify. [/B]
    Excuse me, LAZY? Currently (but that is changing) it is the Activations dept that handles ban level (family plans, moving on or off) changes - we do not 'research' whether a customer is eligable to do a handset upgrade because A) ITS NOT OUR JOB - B) we do not have the same program that customer care (THE DEPARTMENT THAT HANDLES UPGRADES) to calculate whether a customer is eligable for a handset upgrade.
    My opinions and statements are not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by T-Mobile USA
    or Deutsche Telekom AG, and do not reflect their policies or procedures.