Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: my phone picks up other people's conversations!

Phone
    Motorola i730
    Carriers
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

my phone picks up other people's conversations!

twice in two days now, my phone picked up someone elses conversations... i try to dial my parents (yes i had the right number) and when it connected, i could hear someone else, and my parents could hear someone completely different... i'm in the NE PA partner's market.

is this an issue that others have experienced? what can i do to fix this problem...?

Phones
    i860
    i285
    i730
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

Re: my phone picks up other people's conversations!

Originally posted by DSolt
    twice in two days now, my phone picked up someone elses conversations... i try to dial my parents (yes i had the right number) and when it connected, i could hear someone else, and my parents could hear someone completely different... i'm in the NE PA partner's market.

is this an issue that others have experienced? what can i do to fix this problem...?

Yea My fiancee and I have had this problem. We are in the Detroit Area. Coverage here generally sucks and my I730 doesnt help. LOL

Not sure what to do other then call and complain.

Phone
    Moto i830
    Carriers
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    This happened once in Charlotte last year. There was a bunch of cross dialing and other conversations happening on your phone. I found it quite hilarious, but some of my customers were pissed.

Wireless Euphoria - for all of your ringtone, wallpaper, and gaming needs

Phone
    Sig Sauer P229
    Carrier
    Speer
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by ACCUniversity
    This happened once in Charlotte last year. There was a bunch of cross dialing and other conversations happening on your phone. I found it quite hilarious, but some of my customers were pissed.
    LOL

Phones
    i880
    i880
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

Re: my phone picks up other people's conversations!

Originally posted by DSolt

Were your parents on a cordless phone?

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Moto i530: MOT-A-0E/00.00 UP.Browser/4.1.27a1 UP.Link/4.2.3.5h)

Happened to me once probably 4 momths ago me and my girlfriend could hear them but they could only hear my girl, lol they said they were going to call the cops on here and they said she had no right to hack their phone line lol

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (MOT-32/02.01 UP.Browser/4.1.26b UP.Link/4.2.3.5h)

What type of antenna are you using. If it is not the motorola original antenna. That might be why. Or it could be that your antenna is sending to much power input on the antenna which could be why it is picking up other signals. Or the nextel towers are sending to much signal out.

Phones
    Blackberry Pearl
    Apple iPhone 8gb
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    this has happened to me a few times, but when it has, i could hear the other people but the person i was on the phone with could not hear them

Phones
    i880
    i880
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Moderator0

What type of antenna are you using. If it is not the motorola original antenna. That might be why. Or it could be that your antenna is sending to much power input on the antenna which could be why it is picking up other signals. Or the nextel towers are sending to much signal out.
    Wrong on all accounts. The most likely reason is the person is on a analog cordless phone, or there is cross-talk on the telco network caused by poorly shielded cable.

Phones
    MOT i880/NXTL (voice)
    Sammy SCH-i830/VZW (data)
    MOT i930, i870, i860, i95cl LE, i90c (machine art)
    Carriers
    Sprint Nextel (NXTL),
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (i95cl LE: MOT-85/01.05 UP.Browser/4.1.26m.737 UP.Link/4.2.3.5h)

Just the other day, was able to catch a couple of plays of a Yankees game on the "NXTL NETWORK" while retrieving V/M. Cute, but not a Yankees fan... --BAM

Phones
    i880
    i880
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    ^^^^^ good one Bam!

Feedback Score

Originally posted by mmdstech
    Originally posted by Moderator0

Wrong on all accounts. The most likely reason is the person is on a analog cordless phone, or there is cross-talk on the telco network caused by poorly shielded cable.
    I see. Well that was just my theory.

Phone
    i830 Silver
    Feedback Score
    Spies. FBI. Nextel - Govt. Homeland security. Wire tapping. Spies. Terror alert. Patriot act.

Enuff with the whinin and poopin its not a mistake at all. Keep ur heads up and nod the next time it happens

Phone
    ic902
    Carrier
    Sprint / Nextel
    Feedback Score
    I remember about 10 years ago my neibor had this really expensive scanner equipment. He would use it to listen to peoples phone conversations that were on cordless phones. This was back in the day before 900 MHZ phones and stuff. Back then I would sometimes hear other people talking if I would stand in a certain spot on the roof of my house. (Dont ask how I figured this out) Amazingly they could not hear me but I could hear them. Ever since I got a nextel back in 99 I have never heard anyone else talking on the phone besides the person I was calling. I did not know it was possible to cross cell phone connections or anything like that. I figured it was all either encrypted, or just way to difficult. But I am sure anything is possible. Nothing I worrie about.
    Music Is Life. Without It, What Is Life?

Phones
    i880
    i880
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Your cordless phone is easy to eavesdrop if it's analog. Even 900MHZ.. My advice, get a spread spectrum phone. Rest asured, your iDEN handset encrypts all calls, both d.c and interconnect. Someone with a scanner CAN'T listen to your calls.
    Last edited by mmdstech; 09-02-2004 at 04:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast