Thread: P2k Seem Upload/Download and how to change startup image

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

P2k Seem Upload/Download and how to change startup image

http://sdsoft.net/v710/apps/p2k_v710.zip

I finally got uploading of seems working on the app. This app is for advanced users only. I also took out all of the file management functions since none of them were working. This app will let you download a single seem or a seem range. With the original p2k when you wanted to receive the entire seem, you would pass 0 as the size. The v710 does not allow this, you have to pass the size of the seem to upload/download.

Warning! Using this can damage your phone. Be absolutely sure before uploading any seems! I take no responsibility.

The app, does not currently (at least for me ) set the phone into the correct mode. To do this, open Motorola's pst and it will change the phone into the correct mode. To verify this, in device manager you should see 3 devices under the branch Motorola USB Device --Accessories Interface, Data Logging MCU Interface and Test Command Interface. Do this before launching the app.

When using the app , all values are in hex!

To Download a seem/seems enter the seem range in the From and to blocks. If you want to download a single seem, enter the same id in both blocks. Next enter the # of bytes (in hex) that you want to download. A minimum of 1 byte must be entered. The app will then ask you for the directory and once selected will download the seem/seems.

To upload a file, be sure of the size of the seem your trying to upload, enter the Seem Id the record number and the bytes and hit Upload. Then select the file that has the data you want to upload.

Example: Changing startup image
    The seem ID for the startup image is 0458, to download the image enter 0458 in the From and to blocks and 5c1 in the bytes block. Hit Download Seem and select the directory where you want to put it. You should now be able to rename the file to .gif and view the image.

To upload the file after editing, make sure the file is not over 3000 bytes. The phone may take more, but 3000 bytes is the highest i've tested. The seem in bitpim is 6236 bytes. Enter 458 in the Seem Block and 1 in the rec block. Enter the file size in hex of the edited image in the bytes block and hit upload. Select the edited image and hit Open. The response should say ok if it was succesfull.

Device(s)
    T637
    Carrier(s)
    Mom and pop shop I bought
    Feedback Score
    Wow dude thats awesome thanks for the contribution...now if I can only get my hands on the PST i'd try it...Thanks again

Device(s)
    AudioVox 6700
    Carrier(s)
    Morizon Vireless
    Feedback Score
    Wonderful. Perhaps someone will find the SEEM for the front LCD images =)

Device(s)
    XV6800
    Carrier(s)
    VZW-we don't have bars-just a sweet network!
    Feedback Score
    AIM!

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    might be a dumb question but what is a SEEM?
    Click here for a free Photo iPod

$20.00 off your first order at Crutchfield.
    Use referral code: p4i6h-vauw1-vg8w9

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This app may be better for beginers.

I modified the Advanced Seem editor to work with the 710 and it defaults to the v710 41a seem. The app is still dangerous but may make it easier for some to use. You still need to use p2k to initialize the phone, after loading wait for it to say connected and the click the Load from Phone button.

http://sdsoft.net/v710/apps/p2kseem_v710.zip

Alot of the bits from v600 work with this phone. I will update the csv as I find new bits.

,Dave

Device(s)
    ppc-6600
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    ok i got the program running and i can get seem ranges off the phone but i dont see where the "bytes block" u describe is i have a "from" and "to" then the download seem under then under that "seem" and "rec" then uder a upload seem buttom and "attributes"change to the right of it. so where do i enter the bytes into the block u describe

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Use the second app posted, p2kseem.

,Dave

Device(s)
    ppc-6600
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    ok i got that far and i checked all the things i wanted to turn on like IM and AIM and extended video settings and such how come nothing new shows up on the phone when i hit save to phone. i restarted the app and hit load from phone and all the boxes were still checked, how come nothing new shows up?

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Feedback Score
    Unplug the cable from phone & reboot it.

Device(s)
    AudioVox 6700
    Carrier(s)
    Morizon Vireless
    Feedback Score
    Please keep in mind that only options with (SD) have been tested (By SuperDave)

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone3Gs 32gb white and 16GB 3G both jb'd
    Carrier(s)
    at&t blue deathstar (majority of voice and unlimited 3G data),
    Feedback Score
    this is really hard. I"m using p2k and instructions from nuclear elephant.com to change the banner on the ext. display with flip open.

I open seem 449 and i see the banner Verizon Wireless on teh right side.

i changed it to Verizon sucks just to try using same spacing

i then save it as verizonwirless.seem is tha twrong do i have to save it as a name or overwritee 0449_0001.see

when i try to upload it i just write it 449
    rec 1 and then leave teh bytes as 20.

i imagine the bytes have changed from 20 to something else but how do i see what the new byes size is in p2k?

http://www.nuclearelephant.com/papers/v710seem.html

sucks that i can't even do the example change. i wish he was more specific at leat on the example. i know he changed his to verizon sucks but i just need to know what to save it as and wht to fill in for the upload. then i will see how to do others from one full detail example.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (MOT-8700_/00.62 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2.156 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

i got it to work with p2kseem i put in the size that windows shows and i had to put a couple 00 at the end. how do we change the text message server so we don'u get charged. im on someone elses plan with no text messages or pictures etc
    Wishlist:
    GSM
    1) an Android os phone with att's 3g bands, qwerty and touchscreen
    2) Sony Ericsson XPERIA with android for att

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (MOT-8700_/00.62 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2.156 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

anyone have any good fast proxy. the one im using is so slow.

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I cant get the P2k to see the phone...I dont think the drivers were loaded right....any thoughts...windows did the "search on the internet for drivers" like 4 time and never found anything....can I get the drivers from somewhere? thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast