Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unlocked Boost Mobile Phone & Nextel Plan Sim Card

Carriers
    Cricket (formerly AIO)
    StraightTalk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score

Unlocked Boost Mobile Phone & Nextel Plan Sim Card

I have a OEM i730 w/ my Nextel Plan sim card. Today I received almost new i730 Unlocked Boost Mobile Pearl Case/Modded phone only 20 usage i730T/i730B . and my neighbor said if nextel finds out or boost finds out that I'm using a plan sim card on that phone that they'll burn my chip? is it true or its fine to use your sim card on the unlocked moble or is it illegal?
    *Currently* on AIO/Cricket now "If you need a Referral I am happy to help"

Secondary Phone: Unlocked HTC One w/ StraightTalk ( testing both SIMs, ATT & Tmo )

Phones
    i885 Primary
    i860 Tattoo Secondary
    #6 i736 NIB Collection
    Carriers
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Its fine. I have been useing boost mobile phones with my Nextel sim for 2 years now with no problems.

Carriers
    Cricket (formerly AIO)
    StraightTalk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Fairlane
    Its fine. I have been useing boost mobile phones with my Nextel sim for 2 years now with no problems.
    Thanks

Phones
    Nextel BB 88350i
    iPhone
    HTC Mogul
    Carriers
    Nextel BB 8350i|iPhone|HTC Mogul
    than your twizzler
    Feedback Score

Re: Unlocked Boost Mobile Phone & Nextel Plan Sim Card

Originally posted by RobNyc
    my neighbor said if nextel finds out or boost finds out that I'm using a plan sim card on that phone that they'll burn my chip? is it true or its fine to use your sim card on the unlocked moble or is it illegal?
    I hate it when people give out lies like that. They sound like customer service when you call nextel and ask them if you can put your i95 sim in your i730. "No, this will cause your phone to burn"
    Boost mobile = worst thing for nextel customers!
    = MY Ebay Feedback!!

Phone
    i730
    Carrier
    nextel
    Feedback Score

boost i730

Hey i have my friend she has BAD credit, if she gets a boost phone and a nextel sim card and the phone gets unlocked what does that do for her? is the phone free to use i.e. no monthly bill? i just dont get it or understand it

Carriers
    Cricket (formerly AIO)
    StraightTalk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score

Re: boost i730

Originally posted by happy2472
    Hey i have my friend she has BAD credit, if she gets a boost phone and a nextel sim card and the phone gets unlocked what does that do for her? is the phone free to use i.e. no monthly bill? i just dont get it or understand it
    Since ur a newbie I understand why u dont know.

Unlocked means the Boost Phone has been hacked so it can be used with either Boost(PrePaid) Simcard or NextelPlan.
    I have 2 Unlocked 730s Phones I bought, and 1 regular 730 from nextel and I use my sim card on all 3 of them.

Phones
    white apple iPhone 3G
    Palm Treo 750
    Nokia N75
    Carrier
    at&t -> sprint -> t-mobile -> nextel -> cingular -> at&t (that's a big *** circle...)
    Feedback Score
    ok..haha and why would it burn...that's the funniest thing i've heard in a while

Feedback Score
    I Have A Motorola I60c With Nextel As Service Provider But It Is Not Activated.
    Can I Use Boost Sim Card To Activate It And Start Using It?

Phones
    Nextel i95cl
    Nextel i830
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphia
    I Have A Motorola I60c With Nextel As Service Provider But It Is Not Activated.
    Can I Use Boost Sim Card To Activate It And Start Using It?
    Hell yeah. Thats what I'm doing.

And Rob, being on here for a year and a half, you should already know the answer to this.

Phones
    I90
    I730
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Ok, I know I am going to sound so stupid for posting this but I really don't understand all this. I have a whole box of nextel phones that we have upgraded from. How do I get them "unlocked" so we can use them with boost. My nextel bill is so high I don't want to add anymore phones to it not to mention the stupid contract you will be locked into. Please don't burn me and explain in detail so maybe I can understand and not post such stupid questions anymore. I am so glad I found this site it has helped me so much.

Phone
    Sprint Mogul
    Carrier
    Sprint Together With Nextel
    Feedback Score
    let me know if anyone want the boost sim...it has $23 credit in it.. the area code is 347 NYC area code. let me know if you are interested.

Thanks

Phone
    iPhone 5 64 GB
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marbles
    Ok, I know I am going to sound so stupid for posting this but I really don't understand all this. I have a whole box of nextel phones that we have upgraded from. How do I get them "unlocked" so we can use them with boost. My nextel bill is so high I don't want to add anymore phones to it not to mention the stupid contract you will be locked into. Please don't burn me and explain in detail so maybe I can understand and not post such stupid questions anymore. I am so glad I found this site it has helped me so much.
    I'm pretty sure that you can just get a Boost SIM and use it in your old Nextel phone. You just have to make sure the new sim coordinates with the phone, if you have an i90 for example, you need a 32k SIM, if you have an i730 you need a 64k SIM in order to use all the phones features. Just activate the Boost SIM and you should be good to go.

Phones
    MOT i880/NXTL (voice)
    Sammy SCH-i830/VZW (data)
    MOT i930, i870, i860, i95cl LE, i90c (machine art)
    Carriers
    Sprint Nextel (NXTL),
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Now Playing...MOT i860/1.01: MOT-A-1C/01.01 UP.Browser/7.0.0.2.c.1.104 (GUI) MMP/2.0 UP.Link/5.1.2.12)

Correct, johnny. Good advice. --BAM

Feedback Score
    what do you guys think is the best nextel phone to use boost service for?

Phones
    I90
    I730
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    A very bid thank you to Johnny and Bam for your quick and detailed response. One more question. Since I have many different nextel model phones where do I find out which sim card each would require? Again thanks
    Last edited by marbles; 06-27-2005 at 05:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast