Home: Irvine, Orange County, Southern California | Currently: Metro Manila, Philippines
Sony Ericsson P910a
Sony Ericsson P910i
Best Way to Migrate Data/Programs/Settings from old P900 to new P910i?
Well the subject kinda says it all, but for those that don't read subjects:
What is the best way to migrate my data/contacts/programs/settings/etc off my old p900 and over onto my new p910i?
Do i just do a Backup, Export and Import thru the SE's Backup and Restore software? or do a Backup and Restore? (I'm just afraid of something on the p900's OS screwing up something on the p910i's newer OS.)
1. for contacts/notes/diary/To Dos, I used Outlook to sync with the P900 and then the p910
2. For Handybank I just copied the databases to my new 256MB Duo Pro
3. For Handybank I used the PC version to sync with the P900 and then the P910
4. For Images, Videos & MP3s, I copied eveything to my laptop and then onto the 256MB Duo Pro
5. For eBooks (Mobipocket) I had to re-download from www.fictionwise.com as I needed a new PID for secure eBooks
I re-installed all the apps. For Epocware apps, the reg codes did not need changing. For Symbianware apps I was given a new reg code. For Ezitap, I have not established if I will be given a new reg code. Mobipocket Pro, the reg code worked.
I did not migrate my SMS (my emails are copied in Outlook) to my P910. I think there is an app available that allows SMSs to be stored on the Duo card. You may wish to use this app before the migration. Also I had to reset all my GPRS and POP3 settings.
I have also recently moved over to a p910 from a p900 and would like to transfer my sms msgs over to my new phone. could u tell me which app. allows u save ur sms on to a duo card or how u can transfer them