Thread: Promotions or special offers for being a long time customer?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Promotions or special offers for being a long time customer?

Hey there. I've been with Telus for about.......6 years now without a contract. I was wondering if they have any special deals like discounts on new phones for being a long time customer or anything without changing the rate plan. The rate plan I've been using for a long time is no longer available to new customers so I was wondering if they would be nice enough to offer me a discount on a new phone while keeping the old plan? Has anybody ever tried this? I'd like your stories. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    When you went on that rate plan was the phone you used analog??? I have never been able to recontract anybody that had a analog rate plan, and them being able to keep there rateplan. If I were you I would talk to Client care or loyalty and retention and see what they can do.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    What do you mean by analog rate plan? I used to be with clearnet before their takeover of Telus. My rate plan is small talk which is 50 mins a month with basic voice mail, caller id and maybe some other features i don't tend to use. Does this answer your question? Also the phone I have with Telus is a Nokia 6188. Very old phone.

Device(s)
    Laser phone 3000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Ya - Small Talk 15 is a non-contract ONLY retention plan. The only way for you to get incentive on contract is to change your plan. And the only way to keep your plan is to buy Dealer MTM or retail.

Sorry. I never lie. Never ever.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    haha. so i guess there's pretty much no chance of me being able to upgrade to a new phone without changing the plan then?

Feedback Score
    Actually, talking about old plans (I'm on the "talk-a-lot" plan from nearly 8 years ago), I need some advice. Does anyone know how I could get Telus to give me a little bit more than just the rebate on the phone. I'm not asking for much, say free call display (at least for the length of the contract) on top of the $50/year of the contract for the phone (and if they could throw in billing by the second, even better). I might not be a big spender, however, I'm sure that Telus had more than made back the money on my current phone (Sanyo-4000) and my usage.

I just want something that shows me that Telus appreciates my loyalty. I'm not after a free phone or anything unreasonable (at least IMO). Just a little bonus.

So any advice would be appreciated.

BTW, thinking of the Super Talk 30 plan.

Device(s)
    LG 4600
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    In regards to your question In-Jaul, i hope this helps.

TM sets up their renewal offerings as a choose this or this. There is usually not anything offered over and above, unless it is part of a promo (ie analog to digital conversion gave calldisplay included for a few months plus promo pricing on hardware).

There is no way for anyone on here to say whether or not TM can offer anything better to you. The reason is that the few of us on here that are TM employees have no access to your account with the minimal info you provided, so we can't say what we could really do for you.

The best way to solve your problem is to simply call Client Care, and ask. Just remember, ask nice, be polite, and maybe have a few of the reasons that you feel you deserve this extra promo on a renewal. It might not make any difference in the end, but at least that way you are prepared, making it easier for Client Care to help you out. I personally have seen extras being offered a few times (maybe 5-10 times in 4 years), so it is not something that is done often. Don't be surprised however if you get the answer you don't want, because it does happen.

Device(s)
    Laser phone 3000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Here are some good lines to use on the Loyalty and Retention Dept.:

1. Hey I heard there is a handset programming fee applied to my account when I resign for new hardware - anything you can do to help me out with that?

2. I heard there is an unlimited local calling promo for new customers... is there anything that can be done to give me some additional savings on my bill to offset this promo for me as a renewing customer?

3. Would it be possible to get money off a phone/dollar value discount AND also get bonus features for resigning?

4. Can I get a... oh wait, a white van just pulled up in my driveway... a guys getting out... oh no... oh NO! AAAAIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!

Anyways Telus offerings work on these areas: phone credit discount, bonus (free) features on contract, flat value billing credits. Never hurts to ask.

Device(s)
    LG 4600
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by totoricoco
    Here are some good lines to use on the Loyalty and Retention Dept.:

sorry to burst your bubble... but unless the rep is brandnew, 99% of the time, when you ask for L&R you will NOT get put thru to them. They don't deal with the general public. So yeah, just speak with client care, and see where that goes...

but hey, i like the lines... they might actually work... except for the 4th one...

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Small Talk is not renewable for contracting.

If you want both your Small Talk and a new discounted phone, it is 99.99% impossible.

If you insist to stay with small talk, then buy a new phone at full price. Or you don't mind to switch the rate plan, then go for new activation (usually give you more incentive). If you just want to keep your number, do whatever you want expect new activation.