Thread: text message delay issue...

Phone
    Samsung prevail
    Carriers
    Boost
    Verizon Wireless (Cancelled)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by martin_j001
    try "texting"--I found a couple earlier with that. No one is really sure what the problem is exactly, as it stands. Nextel wants to blame the other carriers and many people feel as if its Nextel's problem. There was a similar issue with MSN Hotmail not too long ago, where it took well over two months for the problem to be worked out, and it was MSN's fault, and not Nextel's. Nextel does deal with text messages differently (through the web) than other carriers, and maybe, in some way, this causes problems with some, if not all carriers. Who knows....

Jeff
    I still can't MSN messenger to work... I have gone round with Nextel about that and text messaging delays, its like talking to a wall (nothing ever gets Done.|). I wont be with nextel much longer if they can't get their services working.

</rant> Done. |
    --------------------------------------
    meh. I want to root my prevail, so I quit running out of space.

Phones
    BB 7520
    BB7510
    BB6510
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Except if any of you even know what 'CST' (Not central standard time, more like customer service toolkit) is, you'd notice that the majority of the delays are not from when the text message hits the server, most messages hit the server and are relayed within 10 seconds back to the unit (95% of the time)... meaning... the delay is between the other carrier and nextel... in short.. not nextel's fault.

Phones
    BlackBerry 8700c.
    BlackBerry 7520 - sitting around. No longer being used.
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by digit
    Except if any of you even know what 'CST' (Not central standard time, more like customer service toolkit) is, you'd notice that the majority of the delays are not from when the text message hits the server, most messages hit the server and are relayed within 10 seconds back to the unit (95% of the time)... meaning... the delay is between the other carrier and nextel... in short.. not nextel's fault.
    HUH!!!

Moonbaseone

http://planetcybertron.com/

http://favoritetoons.com/

Phones
    BB 7520
    BB7510
    BB6510
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Um, requires tier 2 access moonbase.. It just means when the messages hit the nextel server they're almost immediately relayed. The delay is from hitting the nextel server and being queued.. it's coming from the other carriers end.

Phones
    Samsung A900 (finally have one that works right.. A900.06b)
    Sanyo PM-8200
    Nokia 6225 (Backup)
    Carrier
    Sprint (PCS)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (SEC-SGHS105 NW.Browser3.01)

Well i hope this is fixed sometime soon. atleast they are aware of it. whatever that means. i feel bad when my friends get my txts at 5AM. I think they are getting sick of it. plus what good is a txt thats 12hrs late? i think id rather wait it out til 9 for free minutes!
    Sprint PCS Fair & Flexible 400 $39.99/mo, Nights @ 7PM, $5 free m2m add on, $8 500 text message plan, 15% Corporate Discount through OSI

__P.H.I.S.H.H.E.A.D.4.2.0__

Phone
    Samsung prevail
    Carriers
    Boost
    Verizon Wireless (Cancelled)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by digit
    Odd how the majority of other providers can communicate to keep services working as they should....

Originally posted by Phishhead420
    Wirelessly posted (SEC-SGHS105 NW.Browser3.01)

Well i hope this is fixed sometime soon. atleast they are aware of it. whatever that means. i feel bad when my friends get my txts at 5AM. I think they are getting sick of it. plus what good is a txt thats 12hrs late? i think id rather wait it out til 9 for free minutes!
    They have been aware of it since I have been a customer, going on 5 months now. Trust me, that by no means they are working on it.

Phones
    8350i
    S4
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Maybe they will do something when some large company complains and some new agency takes it and writes a news report on it. They always seem to have some comment when there is a news article written up on them.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    This problem is gay.. i've been having this problem for the past few weeks i send out and it works fine, but wen it comes for t-mobile customers to send to me, it lags like shiet...

Phones
    Apple iPhone 3g
    Blackberry Pearl
    Treo 650
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Who is at fault really isn't the issue. As a service provider business they need to address wha their customer base perceives as a problem, even if that means coordinating with other carriers. I can't tell you how many times I had to fix networking, service, and routing issues with other service providers when I was working as a network engineer at an Internet provider. MY customers saw it as a problem with the service I was giving them, so I had to address it. This is really pretty similar. Pointing the finger really helps no one. I thing a quote from a guy I work with sums it up best: "Excuses, while possibly valid, are uninteresting [and not helpful]. I want results, peroid."

Phones
    Sidekick2 (prepaid)
    Boost i860 (the Burner phone) ;)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile prepaid.
    Feedback Score
    same problem. BUT when i get txt msg's from say a person with nextel phone, i get them right away. BUT when i get txt msg's from anyone with T-Mobile i never get them untill approx 2-4am and they all come in at once. i have my phone set to "recieve all" and not delay. but yet most my msg's dont come thru untill the wee hours of the morning. it drives me nuts because some of the times the txt msg's are VERY important and time related. ie.. i was waiting on a ride and the person was going to change where they were going to pick me up and they sent 20 (yes 20) txt msg's to me telling me where and when, and once they got there they sent a bunch asking me where i was, and so on and then that they couldnt wait any longer and they were leaving. so im standing there waiting with FULL reception on my phone but no msg's. well 2:42am rolls around and BAM all of them come thru one after the other. i mean the person could have called me to tell me what was going on, i understand this, BUT i PAY for my txt msg service so it should work!!
    i called nextel about it and they sent a test msg and obviously it worked right then and there and they said "we dont see any problems on this end sir" thats the way it always is, never works when u need it to.
    DesertEagleSlim
    "Yes I Have An Alibi"

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    same problem. BUT when i get txt msg's from say a person with nextel phone, i get them right away. BUT when i get txt msg's from anyone with T-Mobile i never get them untill approx 2-4am and they all come in at once. i have my phone set to "recieve all" and not delay. but yet most my msg's dont come thru untill the wee hours of the morning. it drives me nuts because some of the times the txt msg's are VERY important and time related. ie.. i was waiting on a ride and the person was going to change where they were going to pick me up and they sent 20 (yes 20) txt msg's to me telling me where and when, and once they got there they sent a bunch asking me where i was, and so on and then that they couldnt wait any longer and they were leaving. so im standing there waiting with FULL reception on my phone but no msg's. well 2:42am rolls around and BAM all of them come thru one after the other. i mean the person could have called me to tell me what was going on, i understand this, BUT i PAY for my txt msg service so it should work!!
    The same things happens to me. I can send and receive a text message to anybody and receive it promptly except for T-Mobile. I really hope that they fix this problem soon as it's gotten to the point where I don't even both sending a text to a T-Mobile subscriber.

Phones
    i580
    Sanyo M1
    LG VX 6100
    Carriers
    Nextel
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

T-mobile subscribers

I suggest using (10-digit #)@messaging.nextel.com as the text messaging address for any Nextel subscriber.

This is more of a standardized format for messaging, whereas there is no standard for texting between companies using a subscribers 10 digit number.

I hope this helps.

Joshua
    "We live on an island of knowledge surrounded by a sea of ignorance. As our island of knowledge grows so does the shore of our ignorance."

Phones
    BB 7520
    BB7510
    BB6510
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by pillar
    Who is at fault really isn't the issue. As a service provider business they need to address wha their customer base perceives as a problem, even if that means coordinating with other carriers. I can't tell you how many times I had to fix networking, service, and routing issues with other service providers when I was working as a network engineer at an Internet provider. MY customers saw it as a problem with the service I was giving them, so I had to address it. This is really pretty similar. Pointing the finger really helps no one. I thing a quote from a guy I work with sums it up best: "Excuses, while possibly valid, are uninteresting [and not helpful]. I want results, peroid."
    I see what you're saying as far as working together. But as a seperate company you can only do so much and to sit here and whine and cry about it isn't going to help. Oh with your networking, Say a network you maintain goes down.. why's it go down? Not because of anything wrong with your system, but some larger lines 400 miles away that you're not ALLOWED to maintain simply go down.. your not going to fix it.. why? You don't have access to all the available resources. SURE your gonna make some phone calls and your company is going to work with the other companies to fix it (OH WAIT, Nextel's doing that, You just cant see it because they dont give you a call everytime they do something). Um, my point being, nextel is working with the other carriers, just like you'd work with the person that had an issue with a line 400 miles from you. But you cant fix it directly, and neither can nextel. To sit here and blame them for there 'crappy' service when its another carrier(s) that have routing issues, well.. its just BS.

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro
    i776
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I've been trying to text msg using that format for other carriers. I find one person in particular won't receive msg's unless the "messaging" handle is also included. The syntax I need to use is <10digit phone#>@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    The problem is I can't get that to fit in the space allotted with the i860. It stops at .c , is there anyway to work around this at this time. Or perhaps a seperate menu to send texts as e-mail?

Thanks,
    Antonio

Phones
    v551
    i710
    Carriers
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I'm in AZ, which doesn't observe daylight savings time (lazy people here), and I get the same sllloooowwww message delivery from the other carriers as T-Mobile and Cricket..

One thing I have noticed though, is I'll get a text at 2:30am my time, but the message is time stamped as 3:30am.. All my messages are marked an hour later, even ones sent from Nextel.Com or @messaging... Strangest thing. Phone shows the right time.

go figure..

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast