Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: KYOCERA ISssues Voluntary Battery Recall On CDMA Phones

Device(s)
    Kyocera SE47 Slider -VZN
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i have bought 3 backup batterys becuase i go on long trips for work, all 3 are at risk, does anyone know how to get these replaced? thanks

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by php486
    i have bought 3 backup batterys becuase i go on long trips for work, all 3 are at risk, does anyone know how to get these replaced? thanks
    Phone Kyocera. There's another thread near the top of this forum right now with contact details...

Device(s)
    Kyocera SE47 Slider -VZN
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i tried to call ealier today, sat on hold for 45 mins and then gave up, guess ill try again later

Device(s)
    V65E4710, A3LSMG925W8, PDNRM-975, IHDT56PG3, QMNRM-11, L6ARCV70UW, L6ARJE180LW
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Bell, SpeakOut, CSL, au by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    *HUMOUR

--

HC - NO "i"
    I am NOT "the" HC, we are TWO different individuals!

"If we amplify everything, we hear nothing!" - Jon Stewart, Comedian

Device(s)
    Sour Grapes
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by HC - NO "i"
    *HUMOUR

worst. photoshop. ever.

yay, a sticky

oh yeah, you guys don't have to call, you can just go to http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/battery.htm and fill out the form for a new battery.
    Last edited by snafu; 11-04-2004 at 12:45 AM.

Device(s)
    THIS IS THE DROID IM LOOKING FOR!
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think some of us figure out these batteries sucked a long time ago, way before phones started melting...

I bought a Phantom in Oct. of last year, little more than a year ago. I had about an hour continuous minutes of talk. I figured this was normal, being a cell newbie. However, once the battery started dying even further down, and my phone just quit after about 40 minutes or so, I took it back to the store.

They put me through multiple CRAPPY replacement phones, despite my contract stating that my replacement phone, if ever needed would be worth the same $ or greater than my original phone. Despite it being a battery issue, they sent the WHOLE PHONE.

To make a long story short, I called their corparate office and threatned to picket in front of their store if they didn't get my phone or a decent replacement back. Later that afternoon, I picked up my "new" KX414. The battery is a CV90-K3040-15, so I assume it's all good, as I havn't had any problems with it, other than dropping calls which is Verizon's fault...

So what happens if I sign up for the battery? Get a freebie?

Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    thanks for telling us, my aunt has the 3200 series phone

Device(s)
    BELL IPHONE
    Carrier(s)
    HellMobility
    Feedback Score
    has anyone noticed the stand by time dramatically decreased with the new replacement battery?

I should have kept my recall battery!!!

My standby times have gone from 3 days, to less than 8 hours.

Now I have to convince Kyocera that its a battery problem. good luck!
    when there isn't a handlebar in my hand, there is a cellphone

Device(s)
    Current: HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I have one of the counterfeit batteries.

Kinda sad that it's the best cell batter I've ever owned.

Device(s)
    HTC 10 (US Unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Last night I was talking on my Kyocera Blade, and for some reason it just suddenly turned itself off.

Pressing power would not turn it back on, so I removed the battery.

After inspecting the battery, it seems almost like it had slightly swollen and had a belly on both sides as opposed to being flat.

I'm not sure if it was like this since the first day I got it or not, but it doesn't seem normal.

It's an aftermarket battery from eBay, but I'm wondering if maybe this swelling is the start of the same problem Kyocera had with their brand batteries exploding.

Device(s)
    Current: HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    "If battery starts to swell, fall to ground and cover head."

Device(s)
    Kyocera Phantom
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Thanks

Good info , my Phantom had a battery covered by this and I had no clue till reading this forum , got a brand new battery from Kyocera thanks to this forum !

Device(s)
    Droid Razr HD Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    After reporting to Kyocera that I had one of their faulty batteries, I just got mine in the mail yesterday after one month.
    When inspecting the serial number on the battery....I noticed that it had the EXACT serial number on my recalled battery! :CV90-L349T-01

I also noticed that the old battery was starting to 'bow' a bit in the middle.

The replacement battery seems to be doing as good as a job as the old......the only difference is it does'nt heat up when charging like the old one. This of course is a good thing.

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by cmorty
    After reporting to Kyocera that I had one of their faulty batteries, I just got mine in the mail yesterday after one month.
    When inspecting the serial number on the battery....I noticed that it had the EXACT serial number on my recalled battery! :CV90-L349T-01

I also noticed that the old battery was starting to 'bow' a bit in the middle.

The replacement battery seems to be doing as good as a job as the old......the only difference is it does'nt heat up when charging like the old one. This of course is a good thing.
    That isn't a serial number, it is a product code.

Device(s)
    Droid Razr HD Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    O......K...... that makes sense. But are they still supposed to have the same product codes?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast