Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: KYOCERA ISssues Voluntary Battery Recall On CDMA Phones

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by cmorty
    O......K...... that makes sense. But are they still supposed to have the same product codes?
    Yes; the battery is identical to the original (if your original wasn't counterfeit) with the exception of the sticker.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8130 - Current
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The battery on my slider is all banged up. It's not a counterfit one. Do you think if i filled out that order form, kyocera would give me a new battery anyway???

1,000 Posts August 5th, 2006
    2,000 Posts June 14th, 2007

Device(s)
    HTC Wing
    Carrier(s)
    Claro
    Feedback Score
    I already got mine...I'm happy now

Device(s)
    Kyocera Slider SE47
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I found out about the recall while doing a search to find a replacement battery. The clip on the bottom of the battery broke off after it was accidently dropped onto a hard table. After that the battery would no longer clip on to the phone.

I filled out the form and I even went on eBay and bought one there just in case the replacement one did not arrive. I got them both today. I am using the one I bought and saving the new original just in case.

Device(s)
    LG VX8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sportbiker
    has anyone noticed the stand by time dramatically decreased with the new replacement battery?

I should have kept my recall battery!!!

My standby times have gone from 3 days, to less than 8 hours.

Now I have to convince Kyocera that its a battery problem. good luck!
    3 days? Even that seems kinda short. Mine seems to last about a week just on standby...

Device(s)
    LG VX8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I bought my phone in Sept 2004 so I thought I was plenty safe since the recall was back in 2001, but I have an SE47 with a batt serial # lower than the one indicated.. Am I at risk here? I hardly ever turn my phone off and haven't seen any problems; as I just said my standby time averages a little under a week...

Device(s)
    Samsung i607 Blackjack
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Angry ARG! Exploded battery

I didn't know about the recall - and my husband's SE47 (I also have one) exploded today. Ok, more "burnt a little" is more like it - the battery leaked acid onto the phone and corroded off the battery contacts. You guessed it, the battery turns out to be one of the recalled ones. Now, though, the phone won't power on at all (using my battery that still works).... Had the phones for over a year - do you think Verizon or Kyocera will replace the phone too since the malfunction was due to their crappy battery?

Device(s)
    motorola v710
    Carrier(s)
    us cellular
    Feedback Score
    i was told by my cell provider the day i got my kx414 that newer cell phone batteries do not have memories like older ones...so i didn't do the "run it dead before charging thing". for the past two years, i was stuck with a cellular telephone that had 20 minutes of talktime before it would power itself off. additionally, kyocera's engineering geniuses weren't savvy enough to design an electrical system that allows the AC charger to sustain the telephone. the battery will still die in use-even if the telephone is plugged in. this makes my nose bleed when i think about it.

i ALMOST purchased a new battery for my telephone yesterday for $40. i was scouring the internet for battery deals when i came across the article that they were replacing the batteries due to a recall. i already submitted my request..and i had an affected battery. i'll let kyocera pick up the tab for this one..because this telephone has been awful. they owe me.

regards,
    jawn

Device(s)
    LG VX8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by John 7135
    since when would verizon do anything to HELP a customer?
    Verizon's ok when it comes to customer service - well as much as most customer service desks - it's Kyocera that has ABSOLUTELY NEVER given me ANY help/information!

Device(s)
    Droid Razr HD Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    My new replacement battery SUCKS!!!! It only last for 1/4 of the time the re-called one did!! And what really blows is when I put my phone on vibe while i'm at work, it dies faster

Sorry....just had to rant
    :Add sig here:

Feedback Score
    My replacement seems to last much less time, as well.

Feedback Score

Is it still possible to get a battery?

I'm helping someone with her phone. The battery doesn't hold a charge very well, but she never noticed because she only turned her phone on for emergencies. I was looking at replacement batteries and came across the recall. I tried that URL and it isn't working. Any one know if it's still possible to do the recall (July 2006)?

Otherwise, given the cost of a replacement battery, her carrier has a Nokia phone she can switch to easily.

Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3