Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: In store pricing v551 and v400

Device(s)
    i95cl
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

In store pricing v551 and v400

What is the in store pricing for the v551 and the v400?

Device(s)
    G1
    Carrier(s)
    Current: T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just saw an ad on tv that said the v551 is $99 with activation. Though cingular's website lists the v551 as $149 when i enter in my zipcode. My area was a non-cingular area though so that might have something to do with it

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    At the Cingualr store on Newbury Street in Boston, the V551 is $99 w/ 2-year; $149 w/ 1-yr; $249 with no contract.
    Last edited by Steve28; 11-15-2004 at 12:13 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Moto E4, BLU R1
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket & Sprint (free 1yr)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by hive
    I just saw an ad on tv that said the v551 is $99 with activation. Though cingular's website lists the v551 as $149 when i enter in my zipcode. My area was a non-cingular area though so that might have something to do with it
    It's probably $100 with a 2-yr contract with the $50 rebate.

For Chicago, it shows up as $150 online, but the rebate form hasn't been updated yet (expired on Nov 13) so I'll just have to wait until they update the rebate with the new one.

Going to buy it from Best Buy for $150 for a 1-yr upgrade and it'll be $100 after the Cingular rebate. Beats the 2-yr Cingular contract for an upgrade

Device(s)
    Palm Centro
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Going to buy it from Best Buy for $150 for a 1-yr upgrade and it'll be $100 after the Cingular rebate. Beats the 2-yr Cingular contract for an upgrade

JaTaN-

My understanding was that Best Buy only dealt in new line activations, not renewals. Is this not the case or are you planning on adding a line to an existing account?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T as of 11/10/04
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by JaTaN
    For a one year, BB has a $35.00 rebate on the V551. That is where I got mine. I am so happy not to have had to sign a 2 year Oh - and I get the $50.00 from Cingular too, it was dated for Nov 1 to Nov 30

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Moto E4, BLU R1
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by rawson819
    JaTaN-

My understanding was that Best Buy only dealt in new line activations, not renewals. Is this not the case or are you planning on adding a line to an existing account?
    The service rep told me that BB marks each phone with a discounted price (like $150 for V551 or $130 for V400) and:
    1) No contract price = discounted price + $150 (so $300 w/o contract for V551 but you can buy it from Moto for $210)
    2) Upgrading phone = discounted price ONLY
    3) 1-yr new contract = discounted price and BB rebate (and Cingular rebate that BB doesn't tell you about)
    4) 2-yr new contract = discounted price and bigger BB rebate (and same Cingular rebate that BB doesn't tell you about)

So I'll be upgrading my phone w/ a 1-yr contract for $150 out the door (I don't qualify for BB rebate) and I'll be getting the $50 Cingular rebate.

If I signed a new 1-yr contract (like kirian said) it'll be $150 - $35 BB rebate - $50 Cingular rebate = $65

I rather just upgrade and not add another line My dad's contract for his line (on same family talk plan) is ending on Dec 20, so he'll be able to upgrade on Nov 20 so I'll see which phone he likes (he hates the T720) and get that for him and also send in the Cingular rebate for that
    Last edited by JaTaN; 11-15-2004 at 01:34 PM.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T as of 11/10/04
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by JaTaN
    So I'll be upgrading my phone w/ a 1-yr contract for $150 out the door (I don't qualify for BB rebate) and I'll be getting the $50 Cingular rebate.
    Well, it's kewl that you still get the discounted price. I will have to remember that for the future . If I had my way I would get a new phone every month (as long as there was one worth buying). I just LOVE new toys

Now, when you upgrade your phone at BB do they take your old phone? I am asking because Sprint let me do something like this once and they did take the phone I was upgrading.

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Moto E4, BLU R1
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by kirian
    Well, it's kewl that you still get the discounted price. I will have to remember that for the future . If I had my way I would get a new phone every month (as long as there was one worth buying). I just LOVE new toys

Now, when you upgrade your phone at BB do they take your old phone? I am asking because Sprint let me do something like this once and they did take the phone I was upgrading.
    The old phone is mine since I "bought it" They get a smaller commission from Cingular for a phone upgrade than a new contract so that's why they don't give more rebates on those.

When I bought the T720, BB was supposed to sell it for $200 and give me a $100 rebate on it, but they gave it to me for $100 out the door and also the rebate so I got it free Didn't know about double dipping with the Cingular rebate back then
    Last edited by JaTaN; 11-15-2004 at 01:52 PM.

Device(s)
    ASUS ZenFone 2, Blackberry Priv
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You may want to check here too. This is for a 1 year deal:

V400-
    http://www.inphonic.com/specialoffer...75985&macid=E2

V551-
    http://www.inphonic.com/specialoffer...24214&macid=E2
    Having is not the same thing as wanting. It is not logical but it is often true.

Device(s)
    i95cl
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. I contacted my local Best Buy and they do not have any v551's in stock. I was hoping to get a phone today since my month is up with Nextel on the 17th. I guess I will wait for another month.
    The only reason I wouldn’t buy from an online retailer is there is a possibility reception will not be what I expect and I would like to return the phone without a hassle. Also if I got the v551 I may want to exchange it in the first month for the Z500 if they come available

Device(s)
    ASUS ZenFone 2, Blackberry Priv
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    aschwartz,

I understand. I will tell you that I've bought from them before had have been able to return w/out a hassle as long as it is w/in the 30 day return period. The final decision is yours, of course.

Device(s)
    Nokia 3120
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by js1701
    You may want to check here too. This is for a 1 year deal:

V400-
    http://www.inphonic.com/specialoffer...75985&macid=E2

V551-
    http://www.inphonic.com/specialoffer...24214&macid=E2
    Now the V551 is free, do they deal with upgrading, and that i mean i am a current Cingular customer and I would just like to renew a contract and get a new phone????????

Device(s)
    Nokia 3120
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I called wirefly.com and I tried to talk to someone but I did talk to someone and they gave me another number to call to speak with customer service and the number did not work. So i called back the same number i used when I did talk to someone and I didnot get the option to talk to someone this time. Has anybody dealt with this place before.

They have the V551 for free now!!

Feedback Score
    How much longer will Cingular sell the v400? I was thinking they'd discontinue it once the v551 came out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast