Thread: Can I Stay with AT&T but change my area code/number???

Feedback Score

Can I Stay with AT&T but change my area code/number???

I'm going to be moving to a different city and currently have 4 shared lines on AT&T. I want to keep all the same numbers and lines except one of them I want to change the number to a different area code since I will be moving (but the other three lines won't). Is this possible to get a new number/area code change so my calls would be local or no?

And btw, if I change my number, can I pick what number I want or choose from a list of choices as I heard people could do?

Thanks!

Phones
    Galaxy Nexus
    Galaxy Nexus Verizon
    Galaxy SIII Sprint
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Formerly Cingular Blue 99-2006
    Feedback Score
    Call customer care, they should be able to change the one number.

Also, in terms of choosing the number, some reps/dealers will give you a list of numbers to choose from, while others won't.

To pick a certain 4 digits or complete number, ther MAY be a personalized number charge initially and/or monthly.

I recently changed my number(to many wrong numbers, telemarketers). I was wanted to keep the same area code and prefix (1st 3 digits) , but was told no numbers were available.

2 months later, we added a line for a family memeber, and the prefix was available. When I went to change my number, I was told of the "fee". For me, it is not that serious!!!

Phones
    Galaxy Note
    Galaxy Note
    Galaxy Note
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Hahaha... usually the first time you change the number, it's free. As far as picking your own number, they charge like a 20 dollar fee for that. What's funny though, Their customer care was stationed in Canada. Very weird.

--Sam
    up up down down left right left right b a b a start

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by checkmate58
    Hahaha... usually the first time you change the number, it's free. As far as picking your own number, they charge like a 20 dollar fee for that. What's funny though, Their customer care was stationed in Canada. Very weird.

--Sam
    well my friend on verizon was shown a list of 20 phone numbers he could choose from when he got his so i was just wondering if it was the same way with AT&T

i really don't care about my phone number though just so i can change the area code

Phones
    Samsung SGH-T339
    Blackberry 8700g
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    AT&T Wireless (blue, formerly)
    Feedback Score
    Changing your number due to moving into another area is free... it's $25 for a "vanity number" (choosing your own number for sequesntial numbers, spelling something, etc.)

Phones
    Galaxy Nexus
    Galaxy Nexus Verizon
    Galaxy SIII Sprint
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Formerly Cingular Blue 99-2006
    Feedback Score
    And don't forget the monthly fee for the vanity number.

Phone
    After trying many phones, the one phone that is worthy of this spot is the 6620!!
    Feedback Score
    There is no monthly fee for that.

5.9LITRE you are not on tdma are you?