Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Need a little more time on a demo?

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Supraman1120
    I just did this for roughly 10 programs, and i have over 50 minutes on each. yet when i go into the GIN menu to open each one it will not open it and it tlls me that this is ademo version, and to buy it now click ok. Yet in the setting, it says 50+ minutes for each program. Any help will be appreciated!

EDIT: NVMD, im a *******. I didnt realize that you had to hit the down arrow at that screen.

on the screen where it tells you its a demo program, and it says buy it now ath te bottom, press down and it will change the text at the bottom to "play demo."

Device(s)
    Motorola v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So since all that we're doing is constantly copying the file back on to the phone can't we just buy a ringtone credit and save the mif and then just keeping uploading it back on to the phone till we have all the ringtones we want? I'm also wondering if i can copy the mif's from my previous phone on to the v710 or wont they work?

Device(s)
    Motorola E815 (Personal)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by SilentGeno
    So since all that we're doing is constantly copying the file back on to the phone can't we just buy a ringtone credit and save the mif and then just keeping uploading it back on to the phone till we have all the ringtones we want? I'm also wondering if i can copy the mif's from my previous phone on to the v710 or wont they work?
    Or you can just load tones from your computer via MPT

Device(s)
    LG enV
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i also found out that if you mess up on doing this. just erase the app and then delete the prefs.dat file and all the demos come back that are not loaded to your phone
    just to verify, Say I have 5 apps on my phone and I screwed up the 5th app. If I delete the 5th app and delete the "prefs.dat" file, I want to be sure that:

1. the remaining 4 apps will work just fine and I won't have to redownload them.

2. just start over on the 5th app and all 5 apps will be back to normal.

Thanks, this rocks!

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score

Has anyone tried this lately?

Has anyone tried this with 1.40 verison of the firmware? I tried with NAVTIME and Zagat. Once the download is complete, I push the clear key. However, when I try to download the demo again, it just asks me if I'd like to run it. It does not download again.

Device(s)
    LG enV
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    funny you ask. I wanted more time on my demos so I wouldn't have to upload the mifs so often I started all over and redid them all yesterday. It was a boring process but now I won't have to touch them for a while.

just keep hitting OK and then Clear, OK and then Clear, and so on. It works fine.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hmm. I must be doing something wrong then. Once I click "Ok", it downloads, then I click "CLR". It puts me back to the menu and "Demo" is listed again. I click "Ok" again, and it tells me "App installed successfully. Would you like to run it?". At this point, I click "CLR", and the "OK" again. It comes back VERY quickly. Is this correct? I am trying this with Zagat's.

Device(s)
    LG enV
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    that is correct. Go into GIN and under the "check mark" go under manage apps and it will tell you how much time you have on it.

Between each Clear and Ok is pretty quick so you're probably good to go.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Great! I found it. Zagat's is by a date, not by minutes, so I think I am out of luck there. The other couple appear by time, and it was increased! Thanks again for all the help.

Device(s)
    LG enV
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    but a demo is a demo. doesn't matter if it's my date, usages, or minutes. I've got some demos that now expire in July (from 1 day demos), others that have 100 uses left (from 1 use demos), and others that still have over 500 mins left (from 10 min demos).

To restart, just delete the prefs.dat file and the app and you're good to go.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    thank you for all the help, I really appreciate it!

Device(s)
    LG enV
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    no problem

Device(s)
    MotoRAZR Maxx Ve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    They still are demo's though. I did it and a game will still turn off after two minutes saying "Demo Expired", then you can go back in and start it again, so you can't play a whole game. So even though you many have 100 minutes, you really have 50 two minutes demo's. That happens to you all too, right?

Device(s)
    vx8100
    Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    They still are demo's though. I did it and a game will still turn off after two minutes saying "Demo Expired", then you can go back in and start it again, so you can't play a whole game. So even though you many have 100 minutes, you really have 50 two minutes demo's. That happens to you all too, right?
    some apps, yah that's true. but not for all of them. mostly the games that happens for. NAVITIME, mapquest, song identifier and Mycast weather are my favorites.

you can also buy a subscription to a program, save the entire program and its MIF on your cmputer, cancle the subscription, and load it back on to get an app at a cheaper price. (you'll still pay, but not as much).

Device(s)
    LG enV
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    While this is a nice trick, it could spell the end for demos of most games/apps. I have noticed a serious decline in available demos when I switched from the 720 to the 710(ie in about a 2 year time). It used to be that you could get a demo for almost every program but now it seems that it's less than 1 in 10.

Lets just hope that by letting this genie out of the bottle Verizon doesn't decide to get rid of demo's completly...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast