Thread: In-Store Price Matching?

Device(s)
    Cingular 2125
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless / Cingular
    Feedback Score

In-Store Price Matching?

In the past, I've had experiences where AT&T would price-match on phone prices for new activations, in-store. When I started service, if I was able to find the price of the phone cheaper at any competitor's website (excluding rebates), they would match the price. (I've had this done in-store at Massachusetts and Ohio locations)

With the whole Cingular merger, is this practice still in existence, or am I out of luck? I'm in a situation where I've done a new activation and have to go get a phone, but I'm wondering whether they'll do any price matching of this sort.

Any information would be appreciated! :-)

Device(s)
    3390, 7210, 6590, 6820, 3300
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Amp'd Mobile, current- AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I was told just yesterday that they would NOT match online prices in the store, they were pretty firm on this, in two different stores.

Device(s)
    Cingular 2125
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless / Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I'm sure they have their reasons, but that can be a huge difference in terms of prices. For example, I went into a Cingular "Blue" store the other day, and the Moto V180 was displayed for 99.99, when they're offering it online for 29.99, plus extra amounts towards accessories.

Don't they even have any slack when you're unable to complete the transaction online? Do you think Customer Care can offer credits or anything of that sort to compensate for it?

Device(s)
    3390, 7210, 6590, 6820, 3300
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Amp'd Mobile, current- AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I had the same problem, tried to upgrade online and it wouldn't let me since I have a family plan.

I called customer service, no deal, went into two different stores. Nothing.

Actually, customer service told me they'd give me a SE T237 for free. Yeah, ok.

I'm just going to wait until it can be done online, if ever.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6200IM
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    There is no more webmatching. If you can't order online b/c of some sort of error, you just have to wait until it's resovled them try it again. This will be pretty firm going forward.

-sp

Device(s)
    iPhone 3Gs
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    For an upgrade, reps are pretty limited in what prices can be offered.

For a new activation, it is really at the discretion of the Retail Store Manager as to whether he/she is willing to offer any type of competitive match.

Some stores/managers are sticklers....some are more flexible. Guess it just depends on your area.

Feedback Score
    ""For a new activation, it is really at the discretion of the Retail Store Manager as to whether he/she is willing to offer any type of competitive match.

Some stores/managers are sticklers....some are more flexible. Guess it just depends on your area.""

We were told that all stores nation wide must have the Exact same priceing, no exceptions and no matching allowed.
    Really sucks as i get a few walkouts a day due to this that I normaly would have sealed the deal on before

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Under the old Blue I was always able to get my local store to match any prices. I have quite a few active lines and always try to go back to the same rep. I acquired a new V600 for free about two months ago which was a pricematch to Amazon.com's after rebate price. This is only for new activations and not upgrades. Many times Amazon's prices are even less than NBO prices for new activations. I am not sure what will happen with the new Orange though.

Device(s)
    Palm Treo Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

match?

So, I talked to a cc rep yesterday who said that he could get me the moto v505 for $99 , except for the fact that they are on backorder. But, he said that if any of my local cingular blue stores had any of the phones left, that they should be able to get me the phone at that price. Is this true, or was he misinformed?

Device(s)
    Motorola MPX200, V600, MPX220 RAZR, SLVR
    Carrier(s)
    ATT GSM
    Feedback Score
    We will bend rules if it is worthwhile for the company, multiple lines, or 99.99 or above plans, and a couple of features. If you're activaiting a 39.99 with no features, don't expect any more of a discounted price.