Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: New V710 Software 8700.01.40.0R

Device(s)
    Motorola Q
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    i dont think so, becuase i just got a new v710 today and it still has the same firmware as the old ones so im not sure, however, i can say that this one has a much brighter camera

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by honzo
    I dont mean to side with verizon, but you must remember that the purpose of a firm is to increase profits, everything else is secondary(unless its non-profit). Its not even their objective to satisfy consumers, only profits. If having a good relationship with consumers wil get you more profit then they will do it. Honda doesnt give a rats ××× if you like them or not, they only care if they see $$ to increase profit. Its the way the world goes.
    Welcome to capitalism! If we beat them, good for us, the consumers, and it changes the market. Best of lUck
    Then they should have cripple the TF when it was first released.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by honzo
    I dont mean to side with verizon, but you must remember that the purpose of a firm is to increase profits, everything else is secondary(unless its non-profit). Its not even their objective to satisfy consumers, only profits. If having a good relationship with consumers wil get you more profit then they will do it. Honda doesnt give a rats ××× if you like them or not, they only care if they see $$ to increase profit. Its the way the world goes.
    Welcome to capitalism! If we beat them, good for us, the consumers, and it changes the market. Best of lUck
    If all their customers get pissed off they will just leave, Verizon isn't the only cell phone carrier out there, then there won't be a lot of profit making going on now will there? That attitude is what has put many a company under.

Device(s)
    v710
    Feedback Score
    Honda doesnt give a rats ××× if you like them or not, they only care if they see $$ to increase profit
    i dont think honda would ever release a peace of ×××× car

Device(s)
    v710
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by MyPhoneBigger
    i dont think honda would ever release a piece of ×××× car
    Actually, the biggest reason why Honda and Toyota are doing so ×××× well is because they have a better idea about how to design a car than the American automakers. The trick is to give them just the right mix of features that they really want and be able to deliver it at the right price.

Who makes it is immaterial. Japanese cars are made in America, American cars are made in Japan.

The thing is, American automakers spend too much time listening to people tell them what they think they really want. And also because they made a conscious decision that they'd build a car that would last 100,000 miles. Because, sure, most folks dispose of a new car before it hits 100,000, but they'd like to sell it to somebody who can't afford a new car instead of sending it off to the junkyard.

The thing is, Honda can always start releasing crap. Sony has been and they used to be the gold standard.

Device(s)
    Motorola V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by BigVDawgy
    If all their customers get pissed off they will just leave, Verizon isn't the only cell phone carrier out there, then there won't be a lot of profit making going on now will there? That attitude is what has put many a company under.
    Unfortunately, Verizon is the only decent carrier around here (Southern NH.) My wife and I have been with Verizon for six years and only had a few spots where we would lose signal (mostly in the smaller towns who refused to allow towers.) Last April we switched to AT&T so we could get the Motorola V600 phones with all the cool Bluetooth features, and as great as the phones were, the service blew chunks. Middle of Manchester, not even moving, and we'd randomly lose signal. Forget making a call from our own house. Half the time you couldn't even make a phone call from inside the AT&T Wireless Store at the Concord mall! Finally, after trying four times to make a phone call to tell someone I was running late because of traffic, I said "Enough."

We had never canceled our Verizon accounts, since originally our intent was to move our numbers. The option wasn't available right away, and good thing too - we switched back to Verizon when the V710's came out, using our original Verizon numbers. Not only are we back to great coverage, but they closed all the service gaps ("cell holes"). It's now possible to drive from Manchester, up Route 114, all the way to Concord and not lose signal once. Meanwhile we're stuck with two V600's, perfect condition but worthless around here. (Anyone interested, lemme know. I paid $200 each for them.)

It's annoying that every time a new cool phone comes out, you are limited to a specific carrier (the new Razor phone, for example, is only available with Cingular) but I doubt that's going to change any time soon. The carriers know that generally, people are sheep that will migrate to whomever has the things they want. The average cellular user gets a phone that costs under $40 and then they walk around with the phone glued to their head. They neither know nor care about things like contact sync, transflash, OBEX, etc, and certainly would not pay for such extras. They just want something they can use to gab 24x7 for the least money and sadly, these are the people that the carriers are targeting. The ones who frequent forums and know about firmware updates, Bluetooth, etc, are still a minority, and satisfying them seems to be secondary. Someone else posted that the bottom line comes first. Profit. The clued people want to make their own ring tones and transfer them to their phones via Bluetooth or transflash, but that's not the group the carriers are worried about. There are tons more people who will download ringtones for $1.90 each because a) it's a cool new thing they can use to impress the other sheep around them, and b) they don't know any better. Profit off the uninformed. Probably one of the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition.

I too am concerned about all the limitations supposedly being placed on the V710 (no OBEX, so I use a TF, now the rumor is that they're taking that away too?) but I'm going to wait and see what happens first before I get upset over rumors. I ask about the firmware upgrade every time I am near the Verizon phone center at the mall, and they keep telling me that it's coming soon. For now, the phone works the way I want it to, and I'm in no hurry to cripple it. I just hope that Verizon weighs the money-making features against the bad press.

-Z

Device(s)
    SE S710a
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by PrinceZordar
    Unfortunately, Verizon is the only decent carrier around here (Southern NH.)
    -Z
    True dat! I live in So. NH too, and if you're not with Verizon, you're not going to be able to make calls much of the time. But isn't that the whole point of having a cell phone--to be able to make calls? I do wish Verizon had some competition here, because it might make them a little cheaper, but Verizon was the one that was always first with the coverage, and that's how they got to be dominant here. They're not perfect, but they've earned my business. I do wish they'd embrace new technology faster, but the v710 is a great example of what happens when you rush a high tech product to market.

That Razor does look cool though...

Device(s)
    v710
    Feedback Score
    It's annoying that every time a new cool phone comes out, you are limited to a specific carrier (the new Razor phone, for example, is only available with Cingular) but I doubt that's going to change any time soon. The carriers know that generally, people are sheep that will migrate to whomever has the things they want. The average cellular user gets a phone that costs under $40 and then they walk around with the phone glued to their head. They neither know nor care about things like contact sync, transflash, OBEX, etc, and certainly would not pay for such extras. They just want something they can use to gab 24x7 for the least money and sadly, these are the people that the carriers are targeting. The ones who frequent forums and know about firmware updates, Bluetooth, etc, are still a minority, and satisfying them seems to be secondary. Someone else posted that the bottom line comes first. Profit. The clued people want to make their own ring tones and transfer them to their phones via Bluetooth or transflash, but that's not the group the carriers are worried about. There are tons more people who will download ringtones for $1.90 each because a) it's a cool new thing they can use to impress the other sheep around them, and b) they don't know any better. Profit off the uninformed. Probably one of the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition.

I too am concerned about all the limitations supposedly being placed on the V710 (no OBEX, so I use a TF, now the rumor is that they're taking that away too?) but I'm going to wait and see what happens first before I get upset over rumors. I ask about the firmware upgrade every time I am near the Verizon phone center at the mall, and they keep telling me that it's coming soon. For now, the phone works the way I want it to, and I'm in no hurry to cripple it. I just hope that Verizon weighs the money-making features against the bad press.

-Z [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree, except that the v710 is not your average phone. The people that fork out 200-500 dollars for the v710 are the informed people( the ones that want want all the bells and whistles). This phone is marketed to the informed minority and verizon knows that. So there is no reason why they couldn't give us all the features we've expected, esspecially when the sheep won't really buy a phone like this.

Device(s)
    Moto V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    hey, where do you guys live in NH. I'm weare strangely enough.. haha

Device(s)
    SE S710a
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Mervz
    I'm in Bedford

Device(s)
    Droid X, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    HA you guys live in Weare & bedford!!! I live in New Boston

***For those of you not from they are on oposing sides of my town
    BART

Device(s)
    Motorola V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Mervz
    Same!

-Z

Device(s)
    SE S710a
    Feedback Score
    OMG this is too funny! What a small world.

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verzion Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'm still confused so how many have the new firmware??? And is the ring tone transfer gone, that is what I want to know, so since i'm beggin for the new firmware, i'm not going to sacrifce paying for ringtones.....

Device(s)
    Google Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

...yet another improvement...

how about adding some indicator on the Main screen that shows if an alarm is enabled.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast