Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: New V710 Software 8700.01.40.0R

Device(s)
    SE S710a
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by coolformula
    I'm still confused so how many have the new firmware??? And is the ring tone transfer gone, that is what I want to know, so since i'm beggin for the new firmware, i'm not going to sacrifce paying for ringtones.....
    No one has the new software yet, and no one knows for sure what will be changed/fixed.

Device(s)
    Motorola Q
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

New V710 Owner

Originally posted by coolformula
    I'm still confused so how many have the new firmware??? And is the ring tone transfer gone, that is what I want to know, so since i'm beggin for the new firmware, i'm not going to sacrifce paying for ringtones.....
    I bought a V710 on 12/7/2004 and the firmware level is 8700_01.30.8F. I don't know what level earlier units had or how long the unit I got was in stock. I got it at the Verizon store in Hollister, which, although near Silicon Valley, is sufficiently far that it's not a real hotbed of tech.

Steve
    Silicon Valley Pocket PC
    http://www.svpocketpc.com

Feedback Score
    That is the rev of my August 11th unit: 8700_01.30.8F

Device(s)
    Alltel V710
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by SystemOverRide
    Who I am, How I got it....all these questions I am not going to answer. But you figure it out. I can flash software and I am on a approved beta test program..Go from there
    why are you people such *ss holes. I thought we were supposed to help each other, but this forum has turned into a FLAMING program. Hell, if you dont know the answer to a posted question, just dont post. This unneeded FLAMING is taking up too much space.

Feedback Score
    My wife and I both have v710s. The front LCD on my wife's phone died, so into the store I went. While they were looking at my wife's phone, I asked about flashing mine - they said forget it - not working yet - took my slip of paper and off I went. Went back, and they said they would give me a refirb - bla bla bla - but they were out - they would send me one to the house - he also said the phone would be flashed. The new phone under Phone/ S/W Version says 8700_01.40.0R.

OK - on my phone 8700_01.30.8F under Media Galery/Sounds/menu for song the options are:

Send in Message
    Send to PIX Place
    New
    Details
    Rename
    Delete
    Move
    Copy
    Mark, Mark All, Catagories, Assign to Catagory, Sound Setup, Switch Storage Device, View Free Space

On the Wife's Phone 8700_01.40.0R. under Media Galery/Sounds/menu for song the options are:

New
    Details
    Rename
    Delete
    Mark, Mark All, Catagories, Assign to catagory, Sound Setup,Switch Storage Device, View Free space

So it would appear - the copy from the TF card is diaabled in the new firmware - for sounds at least - I don't use the camera or the pictures - but the obvious change there is on the updated phone there is a 'send in message' option if you hit the menu on the Angry factory image - my phone (older firmware) does not have this option on the factory - although it does have it if I take a pic.

Feedback Score
    On another note - the camera in the flashed phone seems alot better - I took a picture of 2 v710 boxes against a brick wall in my office from the same spot - factory settings on both - and the quality is much better on the flashed phone.

The flashed phone also came with a 16 mb Tf card in it - with a few MP3s on it - so watch your cards if you go in for a refirb - they don't bother to check if they are in there . . . . someone obviously just left the card in the phone when they returned it for whatever reason . . .

Device(s)
    Motorola Q
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Removed Options

Originally posted by tonyd
    OK - on my phone 8700_01.30.8F under Media Galery/Sounds/menu for song the options are:

Send in Message
    Send to PIX Place
    New
    Details
    Rename
    Delete
    Move
    Copy
    [...]

On the Wife's Phone 8700_01.40.0R. under Media Galery/Sounds/menu for song the options are:

New
    Details
    Rename
    Delete
    [...]

So it would appear - the copy from the TF card is diaabled in the new firmware - for sounds at least - I don't use the camera or the pictures - but the obvious change there is on the updated phone there is a 'send in message' option if you hit the menu on the Angry factory image - my phone (older firmware) does not have this option on the factory - although it does have it if I take a pic.
    So besides removing the ability to copy and move media files, the new firmware also removed the option to send sound files in a message (and to PIX Place)? That would be another reason not to get the latest flash.

Also, does the new flash include the ability to send PIM items (and files) via Bluetooth?

As for sending the pre-installed images in a message, I don't understand why that isn't allowed in the old ROM. It seems like those images are supposed to be used in messages to convey moods. That seems like a reasonable fix, but one that I don't care about as I don't use picture messaging much.

Steve

Device(s)
    Motorola Q
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Storing Pictures

Originally posted by tonyd
    On another note - the camera in the flashed phone seems alot better - I took a picture of 2 v710 boxes against a brick wall in my office from the same spot - factory settings on both - and the quality is much better on the flashed phone.
    That's good. Can you still set the camera to store pictures on the TransFlash card? The ability to save camera photos to TransFlash means that I don't need to use picture messaging to get photos from the phone onto my computer. If you can still do that, it mitigates the need to move and copy pictures, at least. Or do the Move and Copy options still exist for pictures, but just not for sounds?

Steve

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Re: Storing Pictures

Originally posted by Pony99CA
    That's good. Can you still set the camera to store pictures on the TransFlash card? The ability to save camera photos to TransFlash means that I don't need to use picture messaging to get photos from the phone onto my computer. If you can still do that, it mitigates the need to move and copy pictures, at least. Or do the Move and Copy options still exist for pictures, but just not for sounds?

Steve
    TF transfer was only disabled for sound from the TF card to the phone. All other transfers still work.
    >>Recent Cellular Phone History: ...Motorola RIZR Z6tv, LG VX9100 enV2, Apple iPhone 3G, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Apple iPhone 3GS, Motorola DROID, Google Nexus One, HTC Tattoo, Apple iPhone 4

Motorola Droid [Gingerbread GPA12 with 1.00Ghz_LV_V0.1.zip 450MHz/1GHz Interactive via Peter Alfonso]

Device(s)
    samsung sch-a970!!!!
    Carrier(s)
    verizon (finally got in)
    Feedback Score
    well guys its true i just did an exchange last night and it has 8700 1.40or and the move is gone somebody has found a way around this but it hasnt worked for me hopefully i am doing something wrong!!!!!

Device(s)
    palm pre
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by my98f250
    well guys its true i just did an exchange last night and it has 8700 1.40or and the move is gone somebody has found a way around this but it hasnt worked for me hopefully i am doing something wrong!!!!!
    search search search my friend and you shall find there are even clues with in this thread

http://www.nuclearelephant.com/papers/v710seem.html

http://motov710.blogspot.com/#110373959516172383

go to either of these pages too while you are searching

rob

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Here is how to do it without a seem edit:
    Go to Media Gallery > Sounds > menu > Switch Storage Device to TF card. Highlight the mp3 you want to move. Click menu and choose Send as Message. Use a bogus email addy, like [email protected]. The message will fail to send. Go to your Outbox and view that failed message. The File will be in the message and will start to play. Click menu and Select Save Items. It will say "Save What?" and just Select "File". It will start to play again and click Store. You will have the option to Store it on the TF card or the Phone.

Device(s)
    samsung sch-a970!!!!
    Carrier(s)
    verizon (finally got in)
    Feedback Score
    hey humpa the only prob is when i click on menu there is no send in message to pick from heck if i knew someone in n.j. that could flash and or flex or can do that seem editing stuff i would drive and pay!!!!!also still since i had this new s/w i cant get a playlist to play i removed all the files reformatted the card in the p/c and the phone and i can only get it to play one at a time any ideas thanks again tom

Device(s)
    Curve 8310
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    same here...
    my phone does not have the send in message option... can anyone help me out too... thanks in advance

hey humpa the only prob is when i click on menu there is no send in message to pick from heck if i knew someone in n.j. that could flash and or flex or can do that seem editing stuff i would drive and pay!!!!!also still since i had this new s/w i cant get a playlist to play i removed all the files reformatted the card in the p/c and the phone and i can only get it to play one at a time any ideas thanks again tom
    -David

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Try: Create Message>New PIX Message>Insert>Switch Storage Device

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast