Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: New V710 Software 8700.01.40.0R

Device(s)
    samsung sch-a970!!!!
    Carrier(s)
    verizon (finally got in)
    Feedback Score
    hey i am glad all the smart guys are working around this software upgrade but can you guys that have playlists working tell us guys that are having problems how you guys made them? i can only get a few songs to play 3 or 4 do you guys rename them or what? any help would be appreciated thanks in advance tom

Device(s)
    samsung sch-a970!!!!
    Carrier(s)
    verizon (finally got in)
    Feedback Score
    update i tryed reformatting the card both in my p/c and phone renamed all the mp3s to real short names and i still cant get the playlist to play i may go to verizon tonight and see if they can help other than this the s/w seems ok

Device(s)
    samsung sch-a970!!!!
    Carrier(s)
    verizon (finally got in)
    Feedback Score

seem edit

is there anybody in nj that can do seem editing? i think they are right i have large mp3s and i cant send them. it was so much easyer with the 1.38 s/w and playlists are tolarable some play fine others dont i am playing with that to see if i can get all the songs to play in one list thanks

Device(s)
    Q9h
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (left); back with ATT
    Feedback Score

Re: seem edit

Originally posted by my98f250
    is there anybody in nj that can do seem editing? i think they are right i have large mp3s and i cant send them. it was so much easyer with the 1.38 s/w and playlists are tolarable some play fine others dont i am playing with that to see if i can get all the songs to play in one list thanks
    go to inetron.com and register. you'll then be able to d/l the 41a seem and load it to your phone. the one on the site is already edited and ready to load.
    The Motorola Star Tac series may go down in history as the greatest cell phones ever made.

Device(s)
    samsung sch-a970!!!!
    Carrier(s)
    verizon (finally got in)
    Feedback Score
    thanks goldmember but i am not too good at flashing and i dont have any cables i guess i am to scared to screw up my phone so again if anybody wants a neat side job you can let me know

Feedback Score

v710 software update

Resolved previous conflict with Camera key and Get It Now
    Camera images improved for still photos
    File directories created via MAC OSX, now be supported with the transflash memory card.
    Hot-swap will be supported for transflash memory card, you can now remove or insert the card without turning off the phone
    Title bar has been removed from browser to increase usable/viewable screen
    Allows the phone and Bluetooth headset to ring during an incoming call
    Sends signal, roam and battery indications to some Bluetooth carkits*
    Allows phonebook entry transfer to some Bluetooth carkits
    Allows Contacts/Phonebook and Calendar/Datebook synchronization with Bluetooth capable computers with optional Motorola Phone Tools software

Feedback Score
    Is this an authorized update from Verizon, or one of the user-made-updates??

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pemarsh
    Is this an authorized update from Verizon, or one of the user-made-updates??
    which?

THe 8700_01.40.0R is the latest Official Verizon release.

Now, the seem updates done after you have 1.40.0R, well that is another story. They are said to void your warranty. Have the potential to mess up your phone if done improperly, etc. But the Seem edits can be used to re-enable features that Verizon has disabled.

Feedback Score
    im referring to the software update the toy4mud is talking about...just a few posts above--where he lists all of the functions of the new update.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pemarsh
    im referring to the software update the toy4mud is talking about...just a few posts above--where he lists all of the functions of the new update.
    that is a partial list of what was "fixed" with 1.40.0R. Its more or less the "highlights"... for full details see also.. http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=528797

Carrier(s)
    Pageplus
    Feedback Score
    hi, newbie here
    we're trying to pair this phone up with an audi A6. audi has recently added the v710 to their list of compatible phones. is this firmware update something that would come pre-installed on a new 710 from vzn?

we're not computer people, so doing a seem update doesn't sound like it's up out alley. we don't care about ringrones and audio, though we probably would like to send pics back to a laptop; if we can have all the "phone" BT capabilities matched to the car.. dialing, ending calls, phone books, logs, etc. that would be the primary function. would we be able to do that by getting a phone with this firmware?
    thanks.

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by immenotu
    hi, newbie here
    we're trying to pair this phone up with an audi A6. audi has recently added the v710 to their list of compatible phones. is this firmware update something that would come pre-installed on a new 710 from vzn?
    I understand that all of the new and rebuilt V710's have the new firmware. Don't leave the store before hitting Menu > Phone Info > Other Information > S/W Version. You should see 8700_01.40.OR.

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Tons of good info here, thx.

It took me a little bit to get it to work.
    Something that I didn't see above that I finally figured out (it may be up there somewhere, I only read through the last 3 pages in the thread) is that I think the MP3 has to be 64 kbps, I couldn't get it to accept the file if it was any higher bit rate.

Also it has to be a stripped down MP3, no IDE etc.

At least this is what I'm thinking, am I wrong? When I was trying this at first it just seemed like the planets had to be aligned right for it to work, but ever since I started stripping the MP3's and getting them to 64 kbps, it works everytime.

And my98f250, are you trying to pull the playlist off of a transflash card? I have 20 songs on a card and I can make a playlist with all 20 songs.

Great site guys, I just started checking it out with my purchase of a V710 a week ago, I'll be back often. :

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by r-teej
    ..It took me a little bit to get it to work.
    Something that I didn't see above that I finally figured out (it may be up there somewhere, I only read through the last 3 pages in the thread) is that I think the MP3 has to be 64 kbps, I couldn't get it to accept the file if it was any higher bit rate.

Also it has to be a stripped down MP3, no IDE etc. ...
    IT will work with other bit rates, etc...

I have found it is best if it is a Mpeg 1.0 Layer 3 (as reported by File Info in WinAMP) and no ID3 tag. I have used MP3's encoded as 32kbits/22kHZ/mono, 48kbits/44kHz/mono, 64kbits/22Khz/Mono, 64kbits/24kHz/Stereo, and even 192kbits/44khz/stereo. For the best balance between file size and quality on the PHONE, I found 48kbits/44kHz/Mono to be good.

If you are using an MP3 as a ringer, then keep it 20-25 secs long. Plus some MP3 files I have that were reported as Mpeg 2.0 Layer 3 and Mpeg 2.5 Layer 3 in WinAMP and will NOT REPEAT on the phone. After conversion to Mpeg 1.0 Layer 3 and removal of all ID3 tags, they do repeat.

(I have that also posted HERE)
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wow, thanks. That's good to know, I'll keep playing around with them.

Man, I'm learning just enough here at these forums to make myself really dangerous Now I kind of want to get into some seem editing and such after reading about it here.

It's the same with computers for me, I know enough to really screw it up but not enough to fix it if I'm in a Jam

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast