Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: New V710 Software 8700.01.40.0R

Feedback Score
    I also have an e815 with software version 8720_01.1E.00. Has anyone successfully transferred an mp3 to the phone's memory using the outbox method, or the e-mail/inbox method with this version of the software?

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by compfan03
    I also have an e815 with software version 8720_01.1E.00. Has anyone successfully transferred an mp3 to the phone's memory using the outbox method, or the e-mail/inbox method with this version of the software?
    Sure ... it works the same for all phones/firmware versions, more or less.
    Mark has the exact procedures outlined for each phone on his site ... www.v710.org/mark
    I'm not sure where, exactly, but try the How To page.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the quick response. Just wanted to be sure nothing was crippled with the newer software version. Thanks again.

Device(s)
    Krzr k1m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've tried the outbox function, but I keep getting a "file type not recoganized" error when I attempt to save the file. Does anyone have any information on how to fix that?
    Last edited by casanovapooh; 06-09-2006 at 07:05 PM.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by casanovapooh
    I've tried the outbox function, but I keep getting a "file type not recoganized" error when I attempt to save the file. Does anyone have any information on how to fix that?
    Probably something wrong with the file? I'm not sure, we'd need some more info.
    Try using a known good file from Mark V's pages: http://mark.cdmaforums.com
    Try getting something from his ringtone page.

Device(s)
    Krzr k1m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've tried everything and it still gave me issues. I was however able to get it to work by lowering the quality of the mp3's to 32bit. But what's odd is that the frist few ringtones I had transfered seemed to work at 64k, but when I removed them and attempted to put them back on, it would give me the same problem.

Nonetheless, lowering the quality of the mp3 does the trick for now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    Probably something wrong with the file? I'm not sure, we'd need some more info.
    Try using a known good file from Mark V's pages: http://mark.cdmaforums.com
    Try getting something from his ringtone page.
    I am able to get those ringtones to work using the outbox method. However I cannot for the life of me get my custom ones to work. I am on a mac and when I do a get info in itunes the custom file matches the downloaded one in both bitrate / sample rate and everything else are identical so I do not no what I am missing.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15