Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: New V710 Software 8700.01.40.0R

Device(s)
    v710
    Feedback Score
    Who are you and how did you get the firmware? Give us the whole story.

Device(s)
    palm pre
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    and how is it that you sir have access to the only version of this software -- who are you that you are the sole beta tester and you have to turn to hofo for advice. and why are you flashing a phone that has s/w you are supposed to be testing -- won't that skew the results a little

too many questions for the space i am alotted

doesn't make sense to me

seems like another " whatever his name was" to me just trying to stir this pot with the one fear all of us have that is worse then no firmware upgrade and that is loss of tf funtionallity

why not yell fire in the thater next time you take in a movie

rob

oh yeah I am still watching my screen for that little box to pop up for my ota update

i am so gullible
    Last edited by mespiff; 11-23-2004 at 11:30 PM.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by SystemOverRide
    Do people really fake things like this?
    Yes. I'm not saying you're lying, but to answer your question, people have done it. In fact someone did it on another thread just to prove how easy it was to make a fake that could pass for an actual photo of the phone, to discourage people from being convinced just by a photo.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by PSM
    Yes. I'm not saying you're lying, but to answer your question, people have done it. In fact someone did it on another thread just to prove how easy it was to make a fake that could pass for an actual photo of the phone, to discourage people from being convinced just by a photo.
    Who cares if he's fibbing or not. We don't have it & can't get it...that says a few things by itself.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Well, time will be the true test. If he's lying, so be it. He loses credibility and people stop responding to his threads. If he's truthful, I jsut hope they won't be forcing this update on us. I'm constantly using the TF to transfer ringtones to my wifes phone. I'm not willing to trade that feature to get OBEX...the OBEX profile just isn't that important to me. As long as we have a choice, that's cool.

Device(s)
    palm pre
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    i agree the tf funtionality is as important if not more so to me. I would hope that this is just a post to infuriate us and get us spouting off about how much verizon and moto suck so the kids can laugh at us just like when they throw eggs at our cars

never much understood either behavior but it happens

it isn't to hard to explain where the s/w came from if he has it but he won't --

out

Rob

or can't

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Blah. I don't want this firmware.

Device(s)
    Black Razr with my Black Prius
    Carrier(s)
    BT friendly, Cingular
    Feedback Score
    screw the TF. If OBEX does work, we can just tranfer files from our computers over bluetooth. I'd much rather do that than have to manually use a flash card.
    I get 50mpg, How 'bout you?

Device(s)
    Touch Pro (Sprint to VZW Conversion)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm callin' bs on this one too. Willing to put a fiver on it (payable to the OP if he is right).

VZ has nothing to gain by adding OBEX and taking away TF functionality. I'm also willing to bet that the next rev. is going to be a major number increase rather than a minor such as suggested in the picture (from a beta testing point of view).

Speaking of the picture, what in the heck is that at the bottom covering up the VZ logo?

Device(s)
    Motorola e815 (w/ v710 display)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by jaguaraja
    screw the TF. If OBEX does work, we can just tranfer files from our computers over bluetooth. I'd much rather do that than have to manually use a flash card.
    I agree! the durability of the transflash card, combined with the non-hotswappableness (new word!) of the file system, makes me much rather want to leave it in all the time and sync over bluetooth!

But it would make little sense to me for verizon to disable TF, and enable OBEX. Matter of fact I'd put cash on, if TF is disabled that there is no chance OBEX would be enabled.

I'd put 20 bucks on this.

SystemOverride: How did you obtain the flash? was it over the air, via a cable, or did you just give them your phone. Is this a beta from motorola, or verizon? Do you work for either?

Blah blah the more details you can give the more believeable you'll be.

Device(s)
    v710
    Feedback Score
    I don't think we're going to hear from him again.

EVERYBODY HAVE A GOOD THANKSGIVING!

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I have all the proof you need WHO has a place were I can upload some files??? Also I wont be on tell 9 tonight to upload them..
    Sometimes it is NOT what you know but WHO you know...

Device(s)
    DRROOOIIIID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i do. i'll give you some ftp space on my server.

i'll pm you a username / password and address.

do you know how to use FTP?

Device(s)
    v710
    Feedback Score
    OK I guess i was wrong.

Where did you get the update?
    Last edited by overland17; 11-24-2004 at 05:46 PM.

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by SystemOverRide
    I have all the proof you need WHO has a place were I can upload some files??? Also I wont be on tell 9 tonight to upload them..
    well now that's a bold statement... hopefully dave or someone can work with his files to get us both TF and OBEX

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast