Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: New V710 Software 8700.01.40.0R

Device(s)
    v3c (Alltel 4.04)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    According to the document screenshots, this upgrade supposedly adds much better camera image quality.

Removing the copy to handheld option is just...stupid. I don't have words.

Also, here's a bit higher capacity hosting site than geocities

http://www.luminarc.net/bt_section.gif
    http://www.luminarc.net/tf_remove.gif

Also, note that M23 in the Camera section is "by request from VZW" whereas the TF functionality removal is not listed as such. Odd...

Device(s)
    Motorola v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This is awesome!! I love not checking this site for a week or so, and coming back and finding something new. I can't wait to hear about the upgraded Bluetooth for cars.

As for transfering from the TF card being disabled, that only limits ringtones, right? Would we still be able to make our own background images, and listen to MP3s from the TF card? I sure hope so.

Looking forward to this!

Device(s)
    Storm - Luvin it! :)
    Carrier(s)
    vzw - I'm back, best signal.
    Feedback Score
    Wow, 19 pages with 12+ line items per page - that is some flash! I guess VZW can no longer claim they don't know about this phone's issues!!! Nor can they claim quality product testing.

With newer GSM phones like the RAZR V3, Motorola MPx220,
    Samsung SGH-D500, Nokia 7280, Sharp GX-25, Samsung SGH-i250, Nokia 6260, and the recently announced Moto MPx:

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=479

VZW better find a way to start appeasing customers...

For those with no BT autos, better pics is an interesting trade-off for losing MP3 ringers (I'll keep my MP3 ringers and lousy photos). Obviously the jury is still out on what else this flash may add and/or take away.
    Last edited by tryn2getaclu; 11-25-2004 at 01:39 AM.

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Hate to pop yall bubble but the pics are not better. I held one new soft and old soft side by side and took pic no diff.. sorry guys, but I did notice a longer wait.
    Sometimes it is NOT what you know but WHO you know...

Feedback Score
    alright I am gona get a lot of ×××× for this, but here goes...

I think this is another fake. The way this document is put together in bullet form with all these emotion-grabbing sentances that we all want to hear final answers to just bothers me. Perhaps it is just me, but the way it reads seems almost like someone wrote this in bullet form going through all of our complaints and then putting them down here all in such odd wording. It just doesn't read like a tech document to me.

When I see a screenshot of the phone with the transflash turned off in the menu and some other screenshots of the firmware number in the system diag on the phone, then maybe I'll believe.

but hey, if this guy is telling the truth, then I appologize. I'm sure we'll know in another week or two
    Last edited by dishdish00; 11-25-2004 at 02:28 AM.

Device(s)
    Moto V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If they remove the ability to use your TF card to transfer your own mp3's to the phone for ringtones, that will suck big time. I won't even bother getting the new flash then. My guess is they would block you from transfering your pics as well since they want to charge you for that too. If this transflash blocking goes thru, I wouldnt be suprised if the current phones end up selling for more money then the phones with the new flash due to the TF copy feature.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Well one really good feature of this release would be the handset rings while paired to a BT headset. Also, the screen messages can be cleared by pressing the BT headset button, rather than having to pick up the handset and press CLR.

Device(s)
    Apple IPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by dishdish00
    alright I am gona get a lot of ×××× for this, but here goes...

I think this is another fake. The way this document is put together in bullet form with all these emotion-grabbing sentances that we all want to hear final answers to just bothers me. Perhaps it is just me, but the way it reads seems almost like someone wrote this in bullet form going through all of our complaints and then putting them down here all in such odd wording. It just doesn't read like a tech document to me.
    Call me a hater, but I'm with you!

When was the last time your company or school admitted a "problem or mistake" in writing. If MOTO did that, they are dumber than we all thought.

I hate when folks use analogies on HOFO but here goes mine: After a plumber fixes your running toliet, you notice that it's now draining slowly and is easily clogged. You call him back, he fixes the problem. Will he ever admit he left a rag in the pipes? No, because he loses credability.

And what does the Latin American networks have to do with anything?

Also, this document seems extremely dumbed down from the techie world. This may be an executive summary, but something's not right.

That's my 2 cents, but maybe only be worth a penny.

Don't worry guys, I won't be thinking about this while I'm eating my turkey, mac&cheese, dressing, and cranberry sauce.

Have a great day.

Device(s)
    palm pre
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    CALL ME THOMAS

I am still a doubter here -- i have watched (and been a part of) too many jumps to the band wagon

sure it would be a lot of work to fake those docs but not very hard to do and if you go back and look the minute prople started posting questions the original poster disapeered for quite awhile -- was he hard at work on his fakes

is this a test from verizon corperate to see what we will all do if the reduce rather then increase v710 functionallity?? (just for all you conspiracy theorists)

any 15 year old with a new dell for school and some mediochre software could fake this

so systemoverride nothing against you and i hope that you are indeed telling the truth but this is the fact of the matter

there is a lot of hot air here -on this forum - at times and until i walk into my local verizon store and some one can flash the phone i am still calling BS and i am not even driving to that store untill some members here with credibility say that it is there and that it won't f#$% up my all ready slightly f#$%% up software

that is my dime

out
    Rob
    Last edited by mespiff; 11-25-2004 at 07:40 AM.

Feedback Score
    honestly, that document does not look official.

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    all i can say is we had better hope our haxering heavyweights can wrap their heads around the transflash issue. this would be a major blow to the coolness of this phone if you couldn't copy audio to the internal memory. maybe we could all call verizon and tell them we know about their plans? btw, sorry i doubted you systemoverride, this looks legit.

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That document looks like it was put together in word. I have never seen a VZW document look like that. It also reads as if they are admiting they did someting wrong. The phone and the headset should ring??? High school reading level to me...

I agree, it looks like he went through every complaint on the phone and addressed it.

if it is the truth, great, if not...whatever...

Feedback Score
    Why go through the hassle of making screenshots of a pdf? Let's see the real pdf....please.

Device(s)
    v3c (Alltel 4.04)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Points for and against the document:

Con:
    The actual PDF has not been released. [SystemOverRide, I will provide free high-capacity hosting of the document, provide you with a gmail account, and donate $10 to the hacker fund in your name if you send me the document. I can accept delivery via FTP, SFTP, SCP, and email.]

Not every issue was assigned an issue code.

The ratio of important fixes to unimportant fixes is absurdly high.

Every bluetooth and transflash modification is exactly in line with current mainstream forum predictions.

A reference is made to "request by VZW" in a VZW document.

The tone and phrasing of the document is inconsistent from section to section and of a generally low technical level. Depending on the rest of the document, and the intent of the document, this may not be significant.

The minor, specific issues are not possible for me to reproduce.

Pro:

Every bluetooth and transflash modification is exactly in line with current mainstream forum predictions. These predictions are based on rather sound reasoning.

There are a number of minor issues listed which are plausible and well described.

---

Finally, we already have methods by which ringtones can be copied to the phone via bluetooth, usb cables, serial cables, or a 25-cent surcharge. I came into the transflash game late, and it is by far the easiest, but the other methods aren't exactly onerous.

A software upgrade won't wipe your ringtones and other userland data, or so I'd expect.

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-i730
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Do you have the ability to transfer sounds and images via bluetooth? Or are you only limited by phonebook and datebook?

Raystream

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast