DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I want to see the entire PDF.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Posting the entire PDF may help with some of the doubts and clarify some things. You can always redact any identifying information so it can't be traced back to it's exact source. Although, having the full PDF could only fuel the debate as to if this is legit or not.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro (Sprint), LG Dare (Verizon)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    Why should he post anything for you guys? To make you believe him? This is incredible. Don't believe it if you don't want to; it's no skin off his nose.

The accusations, etc. are hardly adding to the overall value of the thread. It's moved from "he's PhotoShopped the pictures" to "he's forged release notes." Pathetic. He made up all of those things about how the quality was changed in the camera, etc.?! Where's his gain here? Financial? Recognition? Likes to mess with people? Good grief.

The information is interesting. It is unfortunate that Verizon has elected to remove the capability to use our own ringtones. If I were to get mine updated, and I lost functionality as a result of the update, I would demand that Verizon make it right. I bought the phone and retained it because of the functionality that was there--and the belief that the problems (OBEX, Car Use, etc.) would be fixed. It would be really lame of them to take it away.

For all we know, Verizon may update this firmware (again!) before it's actually released. Heck, for all we know, this guy is giving the feedback here back to Verizon (as beta testers generally do--provide feedback) that removing the TF capabilities is a BAD thing.

Joel

Device(s)
    palm pre
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    well here is the deal he presented his case here in an open forum and if he didn't want to post the evidence then he should have gone else where.

His gain???? I have no idea this v71o forum has been the focus of scams since the first day and it is a shame (not sham). I cannot tell you why someone would do it any more then i can tell you why they tag overpasses with paint.

these docs look like a simple sham the pic can be faked .

don't know why you would but some one all ready cried wolf here enough that until the validity is un disputable i will call BS

feels to me like someone wanted to be big man realized it would not float and now is throwing out more BS to stay at the top of the thread list

part of my problem is that honest people like super dave say they can do things then offer a wa or proof
    this isn't a church and we don't have to take things on faith i have the hardware in my hands show me a way to prove what is said --that is all i ask

rob
    Last edited by mespiff; 11-25-2004 at 01:54 PM.

Device(s)
    e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    As much as I want to not believe it... I believe it. Verizon is the most customer-hostile company i've *EVER* dealt with, and this doesn't surprise me in the least.

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I would really like to figure out how to get this download for my phone ( if it is available)...... I emailed Verizon Wireless & they told me a bunch of mumbo jumbo... " call your local office and ask them" was the bottom line... my local Verizon wireless office said " there is no update & will not be one" SO does any one have any CONCRETE ideas how you going about getting this & will it enable me to use the Bluetooth " stuff" to upload my contact list to my Bluetooth enabled auto?????? Thanks for ANY input......Mike C

Device(s)
    More toys than you can imagine
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    In the screen shots that were posted of the pdf document, which computer are you viewing them on?

Going from your previous statement that you are approved to flash phones and also approved to beta test phones; either you're going to be a vzw employee, or possibly a motorola employee.

Knowing that, the screen shots you posted were taken off a windows XP machine. Which neither company use as their desktop or laptop machines. Possibly you could of emailed the document to your home email address, but knowing that each companys own server flag emails with large attachements. I don't think you would of done that.

I'm going to say farce.

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The firmware is real. But,before anyone asks I can' t give it and you don't want it. It's not any good, mostly due to it slowing the phone down dramatically. The transfer media options is actually disabled too.

On a side note, I get the whole public forum thing and i'm sure people have posted fake stuff before. But, this quickly accusing someone of lying who posted new info is only going to make other people who have info not want to post it.

,Dave

Device(s)
    palm pre
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    well dave i am sorry

if i am short on the trigger it is just because we have been down this road before and as i have said all along if some one with some credibility steps forward i will eat my words

yummy yummy

So systemoverride let me be the first to say that i apologize for doubting you

Rob

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I refuse to get any firmware that will disable my TF transfers.

But OBEX sounds nice...

Device(s)
    palm pre
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    kind of like tradeing one thing for the other that give very simular results

makes no sense to me

rob

Device(s)
    V3m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

????

where exactly do you see in the BT section that OBEX is supported???

Looks to me it's being taken away... nothing being added to do with OBEX file transfers.

Device(s)
    Motorola e815 (w/ v710 display)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well dave since you say it's real too, then how bout some more information?

Is OBEX enabled? I'm doubting it is, since you're saying TF is disabled.

Is the TF disabled entirely? can you still store media on it? Or is it just not alowing you to copy data off it to the phone? Have you tried renaming the files?

Device(s)
    Black Razr with my Black Prius
    Carrier(s)
    BT friendly, Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I'll gladly pay you TF for an OBEX today!

screw TF! If we get OBEX and OPP who needs the lame TF. If both are gone then I'll be in the same pissed off boat as you guys.
    I get 50mpg, How 'bout you?

Feedback Score
    What use is being able to transfer multimedia to and from the phone via OBEX if we can only store the data on the tiny built in memory included in the phone? OBEX without TF support is useless in my opinion because the point as far as I see it is to transfer large amounts of multimedia (and java, hopefully) data to and from the phone.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast