Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: New V710 Software 8700.01.40.0R

Device(s)
    XV6700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Ry Ry
    I'm assuming with the 8700.01.40.0R you can still use the TF as an MP3 player and for movies.

On this page, it also mentions making the TF card hotswappable, even though SanDisk says:
    Just because sandisk says not to do it on a frequent basis doesn't mean you can't make it hot swappable in the software. Totally unrelated. The card is hot swappable on your computer. There is no reason why the phone cannot be.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

More suggested improvements...

ability to have animated wallpaper

From what SystemOverRide said the camera isn't too much better so how about improving the camera quality in low light conditions.

Tell Verizon not to turn off the file transfer between TF Card and phone.

Device(s)
    v710
    Feedback Score
    how about , the use of speaker phone with the flip closed, and the option to turn the phone's ringer on/off when using a bt headset.

Device(s)
    700W
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The desire to aggrevate customers in hopes of turning a few extra dollars will never cease to amaze me. I can't believe how concerned VZW is on "revenue leakage" from only 1 of their phones. I would rather pay more money upfront on the phone than to have half of the features restricted. Anyway, here are some things I feel MOTO/VZW can improve upon.....

1)enable picture capture from BT headset....it's already halfway there
    2)enable text-to-voice on text messages or for caller-ID.
    3)Settings menu only displays on bottom 3/4 of screen. Show on full screen so no scrolling is needed (just irks me)
    4)Enable caller-id ringer on text messages (it works as a bug when the text is sent from vtext.com and I like it. so make that work when text is received from cell phones)
    5)STANDARIZE THE TEXT INPUT METHOD FOR CHRIST SAKE! (ie....when sending a txt message, using AIM
    6)Normalize (or raise) volume levels on speaker. (my videos are MUCH louder than my mp3s. I would like to have my ringers play as loud as the sound in the video files
    7)Speaker phone turns off automatically when the BT headset is attached. When the BT headset is turned off, speakerphone should automatically turn back on.
    8)Enable ringer-ID from files on transflash. (even if VZW wants to restrict the source of those ringers to their GIN service, we still need to use the transflash to store them. )
    9)Enable voice record to transflash. ( I don't understand why that isn't all ready there)
    10)Make PIN number on auto PIN dial feature secure by not showing what the pin number is. Also......make this feature work while you're at it!
    11)Re-enable e-mail support. The e-mails services offered on the WAP sites are horrible and/or don't work. Moto knows how to make the phone get e-mail, so just let'm put it in there.
    12)Allow mp3's to play through BT earpiece (I know it's possible if the mp3 is mono. I have some videos with mono sound that play through the earpiece.
    13)Allow clock to be repositioned (center, left, right would be fine)
    14)Make "Greeting" feature work while phone is charging.
    15)Fix bug in assigning videos into categories. (I haven't isolated the reaason, but it will not allow me to move more than 1 file at a time into a different category)
    16)Add ability for LED light to flash on incoming call, or as voicemail waiting indicator.
    17)Add text message counter
    18)Fix battery meter option. (Gives appearance of a more accurate reading by showing 6 blocks of power as opposed to 3, however the blocks are only displayed in increments of 2. REALLY irks me that they would have an idea for a useful feature like that, implement it into the phone, then not use it
    19)Allow backlight to stay on long enough for screen saver to work. (currently, screen saver minimum is 1 minute, and longest backlight idle time is 50 seconds.
    20)Make option 1 in Menu always say "phonebook". Currently, it displays the name of the last phonebook category that I was in

Alright, I'm gonna stop at 20 because I'm affraid that if I find anything else out about this phone that pisses me off I'm gonna
    break it and swear off MOTO and VZW products FOREVER. I'm in love with the phone and what it can do, but at the same time severely disappointed because it's potential was so high. I'm gonna try and make a deal with Verizon.....If you make most of the suggestions I listed happen......I won't tell everyone how to get free WAP service. Boy would I love to be on the beta panel for this phone.

Device(s)
    Storm - Luvin it! :)
    Carrier(s)
    vzw - I'm back, best signal.
    Feedback Score
    Nice list Lawmen,
    Not to push you over the edge...
    It would be nice if the banner would stay with whatever we program. The phone says Verizon all over it, we don't need our custom banner over shadowed by Verizon too.

Feedback Score
    I've got an addition to the rumor mill. Went to my local (Houston, TX) Verizon store to get my crooked V710 replaced, and when I asked the tech about a software update, he said he'd have it Tuesday, and its supposed to add BT phonebook syncing...

We shall see!

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-i730
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1. Another thing that needs to be implemented is the ability to ADD additional voice commands!! Really erks me that there are only a hand full of voice commands, and when you look at them on the screen there is TONS of room for More!!

2. The ability to record a video with the flip closed would be AWESOME!

3. The ability for THEMES to work!! It is functional in the OEM phones. Don't see any reason why they took this out.

Raystream

Device(s)
    Motorola e815 (w/ v710 display)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I tottaly agree with everything that was posted (so I'm not reposting it despite the temptation!) and would like to add:

1. The ability to change outside LCD wallpaper exclusivly from the color "theme" like you can with the inside wall paper

2. The ability to make more shortcuts to things, like the Light on the camera (this is a big one to me, that would be really cool!)

3. The ability to have ObeyMoto/voice recognition work with your custom shortcuts.

Device(s)
    Storm - Luvin it! :)
    Carrier(s)
    vzw - I'm back, best signal.
    Feedback Score
    Just thought of one more:

ability to program a soft key to activate ObeymeMoto

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by roc a fella
    In the screen shots that were posted of the pdf document, which computer are you viewing them on?

Going from your previous statement that you are approved to flash phones and also approved to beta test phones; either you're going to be a vzw employee, or possibly a motorola employee.

Knowing that, the screen shots you posted were taken off a windows XP machine. Which neither company use as their desktop or laptop machines. Possibly you could of emailed the document to your home email address, but knowing that each companys own server flag emails with large attachements. I don't think you would of done that.

I'm going to say farce.
    I know people who work for Motorola and they certainly do use Windows XP. It is a big company, many groups and divisions have different IT support organizations, but in general the company uses XP.

I'm too lazy to read the rest of this post, but the firmware numbers he mentions are real. The document I don't know, but that firmware number was at one time a real build number.

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by ScottSwingleCom
    Just because sandisk says not to do it on a frequent basis doesn't mean you can't make it hot swappable in the software. Totally unrelated. The card is hot swappable on your computer. There is no reason why the phone cannot be.
    Just saying why make it hotswappable if Verizon is just going to cripple it..

That's why I'm assuming you should still be able to play MP3s on it...

Feedback Score

Crippled transflash?

on the new software/firmware, can you
    1. put mp3's on the xfalsh and playback?

2. Save photo's you've taken on the v710 to the xflash and transfer to your PC?

I get that you can't download and use ringtones....

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-i730
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by pashi2233
    I know people who work for Motorola and they certainly do use Windows XP. It is a big company, many groups and divisions have different IT support organizations, but in general the company uses XP.

I'm too lazy to read the rest of this post, but the firmware numbers he mentions are real. The document I don't know, but that firmware number was at one time a real build number.
    Do you by any chance know the current build number? Or anything else associated with any updates to the firmware that is currently being disscussed in this thread?

Raystream

Device(s)
    DRROOOIIIID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i am almost totally happy with my v710 as it is. I would like to know that the BT features are completely unrestricted but that isn't bothering my at the moment.

But if this software update removes my ability to make my own ringers and put them on my TF card, then use them on my phone, I'll seriously demand my money back. how dare verizon sell me a phone then TAKE AWAY a feature. in my book, thats stealing.

Device(s)
    RAZR ve20 (licorice)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by mattg
    i am almost totally happy with my v710 as it is. I would like to know that the BT features are completely unrestricted but that isn't bothering my at the moment.

But if this software update removes my ability to make my own ringers and put them on my TF card, then use them on my phone, I'll seriously demand my money back. how dare verizon sell me a phone then TAKE AWAY a feature. in my book, thats stealing.

I think it will be our choice to take the phone in to get it upgraded. So I just simply will not take mine in.

With that said, does anyone think it would ever be possible for Verizon to "FORCE" this update upon us? Like making it do it automatically OTA or something?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast